Windows 10: Stereo Mix does not play sound (Trying to play music through Skype)

Discus and support Stereo Mix does not play sound (Trying to play music through Skype) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to play system sound through Skype calls so that the other end can hear. I have tried using a Virtual Audio Cable for this but the quality... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lolnoteven, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Stereo Mix does not play sound (Trying to play music through Skype)

I am trying to play system sound through Skype calls so that the other end can hear. I have tried using a Virtual Audio Cable for this but the quality is really bad, just sounds like I'm blasting a speaker into the mic. I've looked through online tutorials and most of them have a simple solution; Stereo Mix. I've enabled Stereo Mix, made it default device, enabled it through my mic in Skype audio settings. The only problem is, when I play a Youtube video, the sound doesn't go through. This is my sound control panel when playing music:

Stereo Mix does not play sound (Trying to play music through Skype) [​IMG]

As you can see the visualizer on the right side is completely silent, and it's not going through at all. I've tried numerous combinations (mic is default communication device, mic is disabled, stereo mix is default device, etc) and they all don't work. I've searched elsewhere for solutions and they are all faulty. I feel like I'm missing something huge here. Hope one of you can help me. Thanks

:)

lolnoteven, Aug 27, 2016
  2. Ordnchs Win User

Via HD Driver Using Audio Mix to listen on speakers with microsoft lifechat headset, low volume

I installed the drivers in compatibility mode and now the sound does not play through the stereo mix into the headphones at all. I updated the drivers back to windows 10 version and sound is still not playing through the stereo mix. Is there no other way
    to have the audio signal output to more than one device? Is this a Microsoft issue or a VIA issue?

Ordnchs, Aug 27, 2016
  3. Jiarong97 Win User
    Windows 10 Stereo Mix not working with VIA HD Audio driver

There is no sound playing through Stereo Mix

Jiarong97, Aug 27, 2016
Thema:

Stereo Mix does not play sound (Trying to play music through Skype)

1. Stereo Mix does not play sound (Trying to play music through Skype) - Similar Threads - Stereo Mix does

2. can cortana play music through youtube music?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can cortana play music through youtube music?: I am currently using windows 11 22H2 latest update as of today26 march 2023, I am trying to command cortana to play music but it says "I'm sorry, I can't control your music here."I currently have youtube music installed on my pc from microsoft edge by clicking"install youtube...
  3. can cortana play music through youtube music?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can cortana play music through youtube music?: I am currently using windows 11 22H2 latest update as of today26 march 2023, I am trying to command cortana to play music but it says "I'm sorry, I can't control your music here."I currently have youtube music installed on my pc from microsoft edge by clicking"install youtube...
  4. No Sound Plays Through Headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Sound Plays Through Headphones: My headphones are selected as the default and show up under Speaker as Headphone RealtekR Audio. When I disconnect them, the option disappears as expected, but nothing changes when I plug them back in; sound continues to play through the speakers even though they aren't the...
  5. No Sound Plays Through Headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Sound Plays Through Headphones: My headphones are selected as the default and show up under Speaker as Headphone RealtekR Audio. When I disconnect them, the option disappears as expected, but nothing changes when I plug them back in; sound continues to play through the speakers even though they aren't the...
  6. Stereo Mix not playing system sounds?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stereo Mix not playing system sounds?: My "Stereo Mix" doesn't appear to have any sound coming through it. I enabled it in my sound devices, set its level to 100, but I'm not able to listen/record to any of my system sounds through it. Any ideas? submitted by /u/goose_ws [link] [comments]...
  7. Laptop not playing music in stereo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop not playing music in stereo: I just got a new laptop to use in our church sound booth. I need it to play stereo audio files where the left channel is a click track which only the musicians should hear and the right channel is music which the congregation should hear through the loudspeakers. The sound...
  8. Headphones not playing stereo sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphones not playing stereo sound: Hi, recently my headphones broke and I bought a pair of headphones (JBL Live 650btnc) and when I am playing games like csgo, rainbow six siege etc it doesn't have left and right stereo and combines it into one channel. I have done research and I can't seem to find anything to...
  9. Share desktop sound through stereo mix

Share desktop sound through stereo mix: Hi, I'm having issues with setting up stereo mix through Discord. I'm trying to screen share movies with a friend, without having my mic activated, I've got the screen sharing part working, but there's no audio going through. When I used to use Skype everything was working...
  10. [SOUND] Issues with the Stereo Mix.

[SOUND] Issues with the Stereo Mix.: The Stereo Mix is activated but it records no sounds. When i press "listen the device" and i choose a exit device i hear nothing. There is also no green bar at the left of the icon when playing media on the computer. All seems ok in the properties "This device works...