Windows 10: Stereo Mix not available after OS update and reinstallation.

Discus and support Stereo Mix not available after OS update and reinstallation. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Version 1903 (OS Build 18362. 418) I've had this happen before but I don't remember how I got it working again. Any help would be appreciated. 142627 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Syncopator, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Stereo Mix not available after OS update and reinstallation.

Version 1903 (OS Build 18362. 418)

I've had this happen before but I don't remember how I got it working again.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Syncopator, Oct 15, 2019
  2. Ruz San Win User

Stereo Mix Not Showing

It appears that the driver is not recognized by the computer. Your audio chipset drivers may be outdated, that's why Stereo Mix does not appear in the list of devices. We suggest checking the device manufacturer if there are available updates for the drivers.

Once you're done updating the audio chipset drivers, check again if the missing device will appear.

Let us know how it turns out.

Ruz San, Oct 15, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Stereo Mix

Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

Try the following steps to enable the stereo mix and check if that help.

a) Right click on the audio icon in your system tray and select “Recording Devices” to open the Recording device settings in the “Sound” window.

b) In the pane, right-click on a blank area, and make sure both “View Disabled Devices” and “View Disconnected Devices” options are checked. You should be able to see the “Stereo Mix” option appearing.

c) Right-click on “Stereo Mix” and click “Enable” to be able to use it.

This should enable the “Stereo Mix” on Windows

Method 2:

If the issue persists then I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the sounds card driver and check if it helps.

• Right Click on Start, Select Device Manager.

• Find and double-click the category of device whose driver you wish to uninstall.

• Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.

• Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
      OK to remove the driver.

• After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 15, 2019
  4. Stereo Mix not available after OS update and reinstallation.

Stereo Mix

My Stereo Mix Recording Device is gone after updating windows 10 to version 1703 (OS build 15063.483). How do I get Stereo Mix back?

NASisawesome10, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

Stereo Mix not available after OS update and reinstallation.

1. Stereo Mix not available after OS update and reinstallation. - Similar Threads - Stereo Mix available

2. Stereo Mix not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stereo Mix not working: I cannot get Stereo Mix to work, I can enable it and all, however it doesn't pick up any audio at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stereo-mix-not-working/e882979e-3fe1-4966-8b98-b41c1e7e25fb
  3. Stereo Mix not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stereo Mix not working: Stereo Mix is not working recently. When I play music, Stereo Mix should record it but now it has no soundnow there is only my real mic is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stereo-mix-not-working/a2e7cb9e-fb97-4f03-b083-13704a3e7555
  4. Stereo Mix Not Available

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stereo Mix Not Available: Hi there i just found out that stereo mix is missing from my laptop when i checked the recording tab.i'm wondering how can i solve this issue? since i need this stereo mix for my personal use case. i've tried to search the solution online but most involve driver stuff i'm not...
  5. No Stereo Mix

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Stereo Mix: [ATTACH] I try to use my two HDMI monitors as one audio output.So i read, that you can use the stereo mix to duplicate your output to another device.Big problem is, that there is no stereo mix for me - it's not hidden, updating my audio drivers won't fix and i'm really...
  6. Stereo Mix

Stereo Mix: Why has Stereo Mix been removed as a recording option from Windows 10? This was a very useful feature in previous Windows versions and one that I very much depended upon for the successful completion of my collegiate studies. What do you suggest as a way to enable it again?...
  7. Stereo Mix not available in Windows 10 Pro

Stereo Mix not available in Windows 10 Pro: My new laptop does not have stereo mix as an option for recording input. I installed the codec at Realtek for my computer, and it is still not an available option. It is not hidden, as all of my devices are shown below. [ATTACH]...
  8. Stereo Mix

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stereo Mix: Hi. I have a dell computer. When I try to record audio output using, say, audacity, using stereo mix, it records an overly loud background noise, which isn't present or at least must be greatly exaggerated in the original. I have the same issue if I instead use Microsoft...
  9. Realtec stereo mix

Realtec stereo mix: I can not get the Realtec stereo mix to activate. Help please. Thanks Rich https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtec-stereo-mix/021cfbd7-0f5a-4540-9e94-6305c0ae3c84
  10. Stereo Mix

Stereo Mix: How can I get stereo mix back as it appears my windows 10 laptop has conexant smart Audio HD ( LenovoZ50) which I do not like. I am aware the sound card does not of itself support stereo mix. Any suggestions please?...