Windows 10: Stereo Mix not picking up sound

Discus and support Stereo Mix not picking up sound in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've been trying to get stereo mix working on my windows 10 computer and it exists in the panel but it wont pick up any sound. I tried enabling and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dude959, Apr 1, 2022.

1. Dude959 Win User

Stereo Mix not picking up sound

I've been trying to get stereo mix working on my windows 10 computer and it exists in the panel but it wont pick up any sound. I tried enabling and disabling other devices, adjusting levels, unplugging and plugging in headphones, cameras, microphones ext. as advised by someone on YouTube who managed to solve the problem for lots of people. I did the whole "Set as default device" and checked "Listen to this device" and stuff and it still doesn't work. Please help. Thanks.

:)

Dude959, Apr 1, 2022

2. Stereo mix not picking up any sound

After clearing two google pages of forum posts it has became clear to me that this is a very common problem, but the common fixes aren't working for me.

I want to use stereo mix to output my sound to two different headsets simultaneously, by using "listen to device" on stereo mix, with it outputting stereo mix to the second headset. This is beside the point however as stereo mix is quite simply not picking
    up any sound.

I have:

-updated realtek audio drivers

-set the correct device as default (it already was)

-gone into realtek driver settings and changed the playback settings

-cried

Below are screenshots of my sound control panel.

Playback (disconnected & disabled hidden)

Stereo Mix not picking up sound e6e3ee77-e786-43cb-8cfd-2cee120394be?upload=true.png

Recording (disconnected & disabled hidden)

Stereo Mix not picking up sound 83cc9df5-bd12-47cf-8e75-5f3072b38d22?upload=true.png

My headset is quite unique in that it has two separate audio devices, one for communication apps and the other for everything else - but I'm not interested in stereo mix picking up the chat. The problem is Stereo Mix is just not picking up any sound whatsoever,
    the green volume bar never shows there being any sound.

GeorgeBird1, Apr 1, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Stereo Mix

Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

Try the following steps to enable the stereo mix and check if that help.

a) Right click on the audio icon in your system tray and select “Recording Devices” to open the Recording device settings in the “Sound” window.

b) In the pane, right-click on a blank area, and make sure both “View Disabled Devices” and “View Disconnected Devices” options are checked. You should be able to see the “Stereo Mix” option appearing.

c) Right-click on “Stereo Mix” and click “Enable” to be able to use it.

This should enable the “Stereo Mix” on Windows

Method 2:

If the issue persists then I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the sounds card driver and check if it helps.

• Right Click on Start, Select Device Manager.

• Find and double-click the category of device whose driver you wish to uninstall.

• Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.

• Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
      OK to remove the driver.

• After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 1, 2022
  4. Stereo Mix not picking up sound

Stereo Mix

How can I get stereo mix back as it appears my windows 10 laptop has conexant smart Audio HD ( LenovoZ50) which I do not like. I am aware the sound card does not of itself support stereo mix.

Any suggestions please?

JohnCooling1, Apr 1, 2022
Thema:

Stereo Mix not picking up sound

1. Stereo Mix not picking up sound - Similar Threads - Stereo Mix picking

2. STEREO MIX NOT PICKING UP SOUND

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STEREO MIX NOT PICKING UP SOUND: Hi I have recently got a new desktop gaming pc, I use 2 pcs to record gameplay via elgato and every pc before this I never had a issue with stereo mix NOT working, I have reinstalled drivers twice and reseat to defaults multiple times and stereo mix will not pick up audio...
  3. STEREO MIX NOT PICKING UP SOUND

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    STEREO MIX NOT PICKING UP SOUND: Hi I have recently got a new desktop gaming pc, I use 2 pcs to record gameplay via elgato and every pc before this I never had a issue with stereo mix NOT working, I have reinstalled drivers twice and reseat to defaults multiple times and stereo mix will not pick up audio...
  4. In the last 2 months, my Stereo Mix stopped picking up sound

In the last 2 months, my Stereo Mix stopped picking up sound: Sometime over the last 2 or 3 months, my StereoMix stopped picking up sounds. I remember I had to adjust it then to listen with a headset, but since then, it doesn't work. It is Enabled, and it is Default. I've also tried disabling everything else Microphone Array and...
  5. Stereo Mix not picking up sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stereo Mix not picking up sound: I've been trying to get stereo mix working on my windows 10 computer and it exists in the panel but it wont pick up any sound. I tried enabling and disabling other devices, adjusting levels, unplugging and plugging in headphones, cameras, microphones ext. as advised by...
  6. Stereo Mix not picking up sound

Stereo Mix not picking up sound: I've been trying to get stereo mix working on my windows 10 computer and it exists in the panel but it wont pick up any sound. I tried enabling and disabling other devices, adjusting levels, unplugging and plugging in headphones, cameras, microphones ext. as advised by...
  7. Sound picking up mic and stereo mix

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound picking up mic and stereo mix: hi! A few days ago people started hearing my stereo mix as well as my normal mic on Discord, i recorder on windows recorder to test it, and i hear indeed both sounds. I have Stereo mix disabled, and all other options i could find, but it is still doing it. I have a Hyperx...
  8. Stereo mix not picking up audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stereo mix not picking up audio: When I try using stereo mix for recording or for anything it doesn't seem to pick any audio up. I have stereo mix enabled and set as default device and is still not working, are their any ways to resolve this problem I looked it up but cant find any solutions....
  9. Stereo mix not picking up any sound

Stereo mix not picking up any sound: After clearing two google pages of google forum posts it has became clear to me that this is a very common problem, but the common fixes aren't working for me. I want to use stereo mix to output my sound to two different headsets simultaneously, by using "listen to device" on...
  10. Stereo Mix not picking up audio

Stereo Mix not picking up audio: Recently, my Stereo Mix has not been working and I would like to be able to set it up to be my input device for things like Mumble or Teamspeak. It has worked for these things before, however now it does not pick up any audio in my Recording Devices tab. I have tried updating...