Windows 10: Stereo mix showing but not showing audio

Discus and support Stereo mix showing but not showing audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A potential solution for those who use digital outputs to a separate sound system for your sounds rather than speakers or headphones, and have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kafkaschimp, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Stereo mix showing but not showing audio

A potential solution for those who use digital outputs to a separate sound system for your sounds rather than speakers or headphones, and have tried all the normal suggestions when Stereo Mix shows up on the recording tab, but shows no audio, and programs such as Audacity won't record a signal.

I use digital optical out from my sound card Realtek High Definition Audio to my sound system. There are therefore no speakers connected, and no speakers show in the sound settings. And no audio showing in Stereo Mix.

However, connecting headphones instantly solves the problem - stereo mix shows audio, programs like Audacity can record again plugging headphones in the headphones jack makes no difference to the digital optical output signal = does not mute it.

I would be really interested to know why Stereo Mix will not show audio if there are no speakers or headphones connected.

:)

kafkaschimp, Apr 30, 2020
  2. Ruz San Win User

Stereo Mix Not Showing

It appears that the driver is not recognized by the computer. Your audio chipset drivers may be outdated, that's why Stereo Mix does not appear in the list of devices. We suggest checking the device manufacturer if there are available updates for the drivers.

Once you're done updating the audio chipset drivers, check again if the missing device will appear.

Let us know how it turns out.

Ruz San, Apr 30, 2020
  3. Microphone not showing, only stereo mix

So this started a couple days ago, my microphone driver simply just disappeared when i logged on. On the sound control panel it now only shows the stereo mix, which to point out that this is the first time i have seen this stereo mix on this pc show up,
    i dont have a need for a stereo mix. I tried downloading drivers for my microphone on my manufacturers web page and assist app, and nothing comes up, it just says everything is downloaded. Ive tried downloading the audio drivers on the realtek page, and when
    i download it and restart my pc, the stereo mix is still the only thing there. I tried troubleshooting my recording audio and it just says that my microphone needs to be setup. But when setting up on the control panel i need a microphone in the recording tab,
    but i dont have a microphone driver there. Ive tried deleting all the audio drivers and restarting my pc. Yesterday i did it and everything went back to normal, it showed my mic and headphones on the panel again, but then right after it fixed it, it showed
    a notification i needed to restart my pc to finish downloading the drivers and when i restarted it, it reverted back to just having the stereo mix. I have been fighting this and trying to find out what is wrong for the past week and at this point im beat and
    really frustrated. Someone got an idea what's going on?

Austin Keenan, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Stereo mix showing but not showing audio

Stereo Mix Not Showing

Hello World!

I need some help with stereo mix!

So i had stereo mix showing but i tryed to make that my speakers and headset coud output sound at the same time but i didtn understand how so i tryed to update or in this case downgrade my Driver then the sound didtn work at all sems that i had took the
    wrong drivers.Later on i fixed the drivers sound was coming out evrything was good but when i tryed to test agian with the stereo mix i saw that is not showing i "right click" and both Disable and Disconneted were marked as showing so i was wondering did i
    remove it?

Stereo mix showing but not showing audio [​IMG]

Btw i am downloading some driver from realteak.Just to try

edisonzeksylaj, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Stereo mix showing but not showing audio

1. Stereo mix showing but not showing audio - Similar Threads - Stereo mix showing

2. Stereo mix doesnt show up at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stereo mix doesnt show up at all: I've been trying to have audio output in both my TVs and most tutorials use the stereo mix thing, but it doesnt show up at all in my system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stereo-mix-doesnt-show-up-at-all/70c8399a-32b8-4422-8f8f-1fd77ffd10ed
  3. Stereo Mix not showing but "Show disable" and "Show disconnected devices" is enabled !!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stereo Mix not showing but "Show disable" and "Show disconnected devices" is enabled !!!: Everything is enabled but stereo mix still isn't showing up. What should I do now? : I am currently running Win 11 insider built 22621 ni_release....
  4. Stereo Mix not showing but "Show disable" and "Show disconnected devices" is enabled !!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stereo Mix not showing but "Show disable" and "Show disconnected devices" is enabled !!!: Everything is enabled but stereo mix still isn't showing up. What should I do now? : I am currently running Win 11 insider built 22621 ni_release....
  5. Stereo Mix not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stereo Mix not showing: Hello. I recently purchased a Surface Laptop Studio and am using a Surface Go as a secondary monitor. I wanted to enable Stereo Mix but it doesn't show up no matter what I do even when I updated audio drivers. Is there a fix for this?...
  6. Stereo Mix not showing

Stereo Mix not showing: Hello. I recently purchased a Surface Laptop Studio and am using a Surface Go as a secondary monitor. I wanted to enable Stereo Mix but it doesn't show up no matter what I do even when I updated audio drivers. Is there a fix for this?...
  7. Stereo mix not showing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stereo mix not showing up: The stereo mix won't show up under the recording tab on sound, and the realtek also won't show up on my device manager. However, it can be seen on my program files. I already tried installing realtek again but it still won't show up, and my computer is already up-to-date....
  8. Stereo mix not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stereo mix not showing up: The stereo mix won't show up under the recording tab on sound, and the realtek also won't show up on my device manager. However, it can be seen on my program files. I already tried installing realtek again but it still won't show up, and my computer is already up-to-date....
  9. Stereo mix not showing up

10. Microphone not showing, only stereo mix

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not showing, only stereo mix: So this started a couple days ago, my microphone driver simply just disappeared when i logged on. On the sound control panel it now only shows the stereo mix, which to point out that this is the first time i have seen this stereo mix on this pc show up, i dont have a need for...