Windows 10: Stereo Mix

Discus and support Stereo Mix in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How can I get stereo mix back as it appears my windows 10 laptop has conexant smart Audio HD ( LenovoZ50) which I do not like. I am aware the sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnCooling1, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Stereo Mix

How can I get stereo mix back as it appears my windows 10 laptop has conexant smart Audio HD ( LenovoZ50) which I do not like. I am aware the sound card does not of itself support stereo mix.

Any suggestions please?

:)

JohnCooling1, Oct 15, 2018

2. Windows 10 Stereo Mix

Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

Try the following steps to enable the stereo mix and check if that help.

a) Right click on the audio icon in your system tray and select “Recording Devices” to open the Recording device settings in the “Sound” window.

b) In the pane, right-click on a blank area, and make sure both “View Disabled Devices” and “View Disconnected Devices” options are checked. You should be able to see the “Stereo Mix” option appearing.

c) Right-click on “Stereo Mix” and click “Enable” to be able to use it.

This should enable the “Stereo Mix” on Windows

Method 2:

If the issue persists then I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the sounds card driver and check if it helps.

• Right Click on Start, Select Device Manager.

• Find and double-click the category of device whose driver you wish to uninstall.

• Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.

• Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
      OK to remove the driver.

• After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Stereo Mix

Thanks for the response Anju.

I followed your instructions to the letter. Method 1: No Stereo Mix even with the show disabled and disconnected boxes checked.

Method 2: I uninstalled one Microsoft and four NVIDIA High Definition audio devices and rebooted my computer. The re-start took considerably longer than usual to come up to the login. I tried again to see if the Stereo Mix
    was re-instated but it was not there. Maybe I need to do a registry addition, if the audio drivers actually support the Stereo Mix audio source, but I do not know what that could be.

Thanks, again

Nicholas Kydonieus, Oct 15, 2018
  4. Ruz San Win User

Stereo Mix

Stereo Mix Not Showing

It appears that the driver is not recognized by the computer. Your audio chipset drivers may be outdated, that's why Stereo Mix does not appear in the list of devices. We suggest checking the device manufacturer if there are available updates for the drivers.

Once you're done updating the audio chipset drivers, check again if the missing device will appear.

Let us know how it turns out.

Ruz San, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

Stereo Mix

1. Stereo Mix - Similar Threads - Stereo Mix

2. Stereo mix doesnt show up at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stereo mix doesnt show up at all: I've been trying to have audio output in both my TVs and most tutorials use the stereo mix thing, but it doesnt show up at all in my system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stereo-mix-doesnt-show-up-at-all/70c8399a-32b8-4422-8f8f-1fd77ffd10ed
  3. Stereo mix doesnt show up at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stereo mix doesnt show up at all: I've been trying to have audio output in both my TVs and most tutorials use the stereo mix thing, but it doesnt show up at all in my system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stereo-mix-doesnt-show-up-at-all/70c8399a-32b8-4422-8f8f-1fd77ffd10ed
  4. Windows 11 Stereo Mix dramatically changes volume continually.

Windows 11 Stereo Mix dramatically changes volume continually.: Hello.For over a decade, my preferred audio setup on windows is very simple, I have a set of speakers, and a headset. I want to play all audio out of both at all times. I have volume/mute controls on both, so having audio play from both allows me to rapidly switch devices...
  5. Windows 11 Stereo Mix dramatically changes volume continually.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Stereo Mix dramatically changes volume continually.: Hello.For over a decade, my preferred audio setup on windows is very simple, I have a set of speakers, and a headset. I want to play all audio out of both at all times. I have volume/mute controls on both, so having audio play from both allows me to rapidly switch devices...
  6. Did Microsoft stopped stereo mix from working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did Microsoft stopped stereo mix from working?: Did Microsoft stop stereo mix from working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/did-microsoft-stopped-stereo-mix-from-working/4a35ee85-26be-4967-8e84-87573bdb204a
  7. Did Microsoft stopped stereo mix from working?

Did Microsoft stopped stereo mix from working?: Did Microsoft stop stereo mix from working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/did-microsoft-stopped-stereo-mix-from-working/4a35ee85-26be-4967-8e84-87573bdb204a
  8. Did Microsoft stopped stereo mix from working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Stereo mix not working on Windows 10 it is shown as default for recording and I tried every...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stereo mix not working on Windows 10 it is shown as default for recording and I tried every...: Stereo mix not working on Windows 10 it is shown as default for recording and I tried every type of settings reinstalled, and updated drivers but still does not work any help, please?...
  10. Stereo mix not working on Windows 10 it is shown as default for recording and I tried every...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stereo mix not working on Windows 10 it is shown as default for recording and I tried every...: Stereo mix not working on Windows 10 it is shown as default for recording and I tried every type of settings reinstalled, and updated drivers but still does not work any help, please?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stereo mix