Windows 10: Stereo/mono output per device

Discus and support Stereo/mono output per device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've got an old laptop with one damaged speaker that doesn't output any sound. I've found the mono audio setting in the accessibility settings, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mc_04, Dec 3, 2018.

1. mc_04 Win User

Stereo/mono output per device

I've got an old laptop with one damaged speaker that doesn't output any sound. I've found the mono audio setting in the accessibility settings, but that's system-wide. I want to be able to still get stereo audio from the headphone jack or HDMI, but I can't find anything in the speaker/sound driver settings. Is there some kind of utility that can enable this, or something I'm missing?

:)

mc_04, Dec 3, 2018
  2. jesperdn Win User

Bluetooth HS(BH-503) issue: Voice in mono output only? Need Stereo. Help!

Hi gang! Stereo/mono output per device :)

Short story:

------------

(Connected to Laptop only): Skype/Ventrilo/MSN/etc. only works in mono, not stereo. Stereo and mono output is not possible at the same time. Stereo works fine with iTunes etc.

Longer story:

------------

I am desperately trying to figure out how to fix this because I would like to listen to music, play games etc. at the same time as voic'ing through the BH-503 headset connected to my laptop.

Vista detects 2 sound output devices when connected, "Bluetooth Hands-free Audio (Mono Audio)" and "Bluetooth-lydgengiver[DanishStereo/mono output per device :)] (Stereo)".

Defaulting Stereo audio - iTunes, Windows Media Player, everything works great! Except when attempting call with Skype or any other program initiating voice.

Non-working scenario:

1. Start playback of music in iTunes and works great

2. Start Skype and enter settings

3. Output settings to above mentioned Stereo

4. Initiate call to friend or Skype-echotest

5. No output sound (incl. music playback) what so ever, however your friends will hear you just fine

6. End call/test

7. Music playback stereo output resumes

NB: Setting Skype to used Mono setting will work however it will remove any stereo output in progress (iTunes, Mediaplayer, etc.)

Working scenario:

1. Defaulting Windows output device to "Bluetooth Hands-free Audio (Mono)"

2. Start playback of music in iTunes and works (very poor sound quality though)

3. Start Skype and enter settings

4. Output settings to above mentioned Mono

5. Initiate call to friend or Skype-echotest

6. Output works fine and you can listen to music as well as skyping away.

This problem reoccurs in these voicechat I've tried so far: Skype, Ventrilo, MSN.

What is the big difference between the two output settings/drivers and why in the world won't it output stereo voice? Or just outputting both? I can see on the mixer meters in the Windows Sound settings that both mono and stereo is playing but only mono comes
    through.

This has left me baffled - I have no other idea than it could be a driver issue? Pls, anyone with the headset - try to see if the above is the case for you as well. If anyone have solved the problem or have great ideas how to do so, pleeeeease let me know Stereo/mono output per device :)

Cheers from DK,

Jesper

Message Edited by on 16-Jul-2008 12:07 PM

Message Edited by on 16-Jul-2008 12:09 PM

jesperdn, Dec 3, 2018
  3. lumia 720 : mono or stereo?

I have Lumia 720. Here's my problem. When I plugged my headset, the output seemed to be mono, not stereo. I checked with the same headset and the same song on my pc and the output was stereo. Another audio setting on my lumia are working properly, like the
    equalizer and dolby experience. Is my lumia getting a problem here?

Pitts---01, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Stereo/mono output per device

Mono to stereo converter for 6600

Hey guys,

Does anyone have any clue how to convert music output from mono to stereo in the nokia 6600?

Thanks,

I need a reply soon plz!!!

Thanx

ojasp---01, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Stereo/mono output per device

1. Stereo/mono output per device - Similar Threads - Stereo mono output

2. Using the output jack as a mono input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using the output jack as a mono input: Is there a driver that exists that will allow the headphone output jack to be switched to take an input signal? this would be similar to an audio interface taking in a microphone signal and allowing for it to be recorded into a DAW. I Know mac used to allow this feature. It...
  3. Using the output jack as a mono input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using the output jack as a mono input: Is there a driver that exists that will allow the headphone output jack to be switched to take an input signal? this would be similar to an audio interface taking in a microphone signal and allowing for it to be recorded into a DAW. I Know mac used to allow this feature. It...
  4. Headphones cannot connect in stereo only mono

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones cannot connect in stereo only mono: My headphones JBL Live 400BT work fine when connected through the wire in both stereo and mono. However when I connect through Bluetooth I can only switch my output device to JBL LIVE400BT Hands-Free which I am pretty certain is the mono version of the headphones. Previously...
  5. Headphones cannot connect in stereo only mono

Headphones cannot connect in stereo only mono: My headphones JBL Live 400BT work fine when connected through the wire in both stereo and mono. However when I connect through Bluetooth I can only switch my output device to JBL LIVE400BT Hands-Free which I am pretty certain is the mono version of the headphones. Previously...
  6. From stereo to mono all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    From stereo to mono all of a sudden: Hi,I have a kz zsn pro headphones that I've been using from months in my front audio port. No problem at all, but, all of a sudden, it turned from mono to stereo over the night.How can I fix this?...
  7. From stereo to mono all of a sudden

From stereo to mono all of a sudden: Hi,I have a kz zsn pro headphones that I've been using from months in my front audio port. No problem at all, but, all of a sudden, it turned from mono to stereo over the night.How can I fix this?...
  8. From stereo to mono all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Make audio output mono

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make audio output mono: [ATTACH] How do I make it so that the audio output is mono? https://preview.redd.it/bwmy6couaq961.png?width=242&format=png&auto=webp&s=9af7afeb2da85abe6a1eaa038603f8e7926f984e submitted by /u/36_foxtrot [link] [comments]...
  10. System sounds are in mono and I want it stereo

in Windows 10 Customization
    System sounds are in mono and I want it stereo: Hello, I have tried Uninstalling my sound driver, updating my sound driver, I made sure the mono box wasn't on and the system sounds still play in mono....