Windows 10: Stereo not working on my headphones

Discus and support Stereo not working on my headphones in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So my stereo is suddenly not working. I don't know if I accidentally turned it off somehow, but when I connect my headphones to my computer they only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NicoKozak, Jan 6, 2021.

1. NicoKozak Win User

Stereo not working on my headphones

So my stereo is suddenly not working. I don't know if I accidentally turned it off somehow, but when I connect my headphones to my computer they only play on one channel. I have seen multiple videos and articles trying to help but none of them seem to work. My headphones do have stereo audio on my phone, so it's just my computer. My headphones are Arctis pro wireless and they connect to a DAC connected to my computer. The DAC is connected by USB. If there is any more information that you need I will be glad to give you it. Thanks in advance!

:)

NicoKozak, Jan 6, 2021
  2. alleluia Win User

Problem getting stereo sound from headphones

I have an HP laptop, and my sound card is (displayed using PCIutils for Windows):

Code:
    Code:
    Intel Corporation 7 Series / C210 Series
    and I am finding difficulties in getting stereo sound from analogical headphones (plugged in with 3.5mm jack). Drivers downloaded from HP or Realtex do not work, drivers supplied by Windows (although they are Realtek drivers as well) sometimes work, I mean: speakers and headphones are shown together at the mixer, and sound from headphones is not stereo. I then go to device manager, audio input and output, and uninstall "Speakers/Headphones". I then reboot with my headphones plugged in, and, after that, the sound is stereo, and (IIRC) the mixer distinguishes between headphones and speakers.

But then things get broken back soon: one time, the windows updated the sound driver, and no stereo sound again. I uninstalled the device, rebooted, and stereo back. Then I unplugged the headphones, and windows said that no speakers were found: I restarted the audio device, speakers were found again, but stereo broken again *Mad

I think that debugging this looks tricky but, do you have any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

alleluia, Jan 6, 2021
  3. Headphones not working.

Hi Haylee,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the headphones on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • How have you connected the headphones to your device?
    • Were you able to see if the headphones detected on your computer?

As a work around, try the below and update us the status of this issue:

• I suggest you to connect the headphones to different device and check if the headphone is working fine. This will help us to detect if the issue is with headphone.
    • If headphones are working fine on other devices, try to connect the headphones to different ports on the PC in the question and check if it is working fine. This will help us to know if the issue is with ports.

I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 6, 2021
  4. Ivy Mun Win User

Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Stereo not working on my headphones - Similar Threads - Stereo working headphones

2. Stereo HeadPhone and Microphone are not working together

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stereo HeadPhone and Microphone are not working together: I have a Bluetooth NeckBand Redmi SonicBass Earphones, I connected to my PC via Bluetooth, It works as ususal. It has 2 Devices for Speakers and 1 Mic as Shown BelowSpeakers 2:Microphone 1:Problem is, If I'm in a call the Stereo Speaker is Getting disconnected.If I disable my...
  3. Stereo HeadPhone and Microphone are not working together

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stereo HeadPhone and Microphone are not working together: I have a Bluetooth NeckBand Redmi SonicBass Earphones, I connected to my PC via Bluetooth, It works as ususal. It has 2 Devices for Speakers and 1 Mic as Shown BelowSpeakers 2:Microphone 1:Problem is, If I'm in a call the Stereo Speaker is Getting disconnected.If I disable my...
  4. Stereo HeadPhone and Microphone are not working together

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. No stereo option for my Yeti headphone output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No stereo option for my Yeti headphone output: As of recent I've been having a pretty large problem with my sound, especially in games or any time sound is in a 3d environment. My issue is I can't hear things in front or behind of me, only things to the left or right. When something's in front, it sounds extremely far...
  6. Stereo Mix: Works with Speakers, Doesn't work with Headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stereo Mix: Works with Speakers, Doesn't work with Headphones: When I am outputting audio through my laptop's built-in speakers, Stereo mix works correctly.When I am outputting audio through 3.5 mm headphones, Stereo mix does not capture anything.Here's all the scenarios I have tried:These scenarios above show that:1. It doesn't matter...
  7. Stereo Mix: Works with Speakers, Doesn't work with Headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stereo Mix: Works with Speakers, Doesn't work with Headphones: When I am outputting audio through my laptop's built-in speakers, Stereo mix works correctly.When I am outputting audio through 3.5 mm headphones, Stereo mix does not capture anything.Here's all the scenarios I have tried:These scenarios above show that:1. It doesn't matter...
  8. Stereo Mix: Works with Speakers, Doesn't work with Headphones

9. Issue with Bluetooth Headphones, Stereo Sound not working.

Issue with Bluetooth Headphones, Stereo Sound not working.: I'm having issues with my ComfortQ+ headphones not playing stereo sound. I've tried everything from restarting to disconnecting my headphones; to even removing the drivers manually using Device Manager. Also when I try to press 'Connect' on the dropdown menu it does nothing....
  10. bluetooth headphones not in stereo

bluetooth headphones not in stereo: I have Bose Bluetooth soundsport ear buds that when connected to Windows 10 Bluetooth will only play sound in the right ear due to them defaulting to the right ear telephony option. I have updated windows 10, all drivers, added and added the earbuds, rebooted a million times...