Windows 10: Stereo Only in Sound Settings for HDMI via Intel iGPU in Windows 10 Build 1809

Discus and support Stereo Only in Sound Settings for HDMI via Intel iGPU in Windows 10 Build 1809 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, On new HTPC (Asus WS-Z390-Pro [BIOS 0603], w/Intel i7-8700K & w/iGPU) I only have stereo configuration available in Sound settings/Playback for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by S-Band Meter, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Stereo Only in Sound Settings for HDMI via Intel iGPU in Windows 10 Build 1809

Hi,

On new HTPC (Asus WS-Z390-Pro [BIOS 0603], w/Intel i7-8700K & w/iGPU) I only have stereo configuration available in Sound settings/Playback for Intel iGPU (UHD 630) via HDMI to Onkyo TX-RZ1100 AV receiver (new, capable of 7.1 and setup for same). Not currently using the onboard Realtek ALC1150, although it exhibits the same issue. HDMI cable is good.

Stereo Only in Sound Settings for HDMI via Intel iGPU in Windows 10 Build 1809 128b7003-9af0-40a5-92e5-8e83a652c5b4?upload=true.jpg

Stereo Only in Sound Settings for HDMI via Intel iGPU in Windows 10 Build 1809 d2d9c31d-a6c4-4d9a-a729-a31ec309940d?upload=true.jpg

I have installed Intel Driver & Support Assistant and installed the latest drivers for Intel iGPU, both audio & display (DCH 26.20.100.6912).

Stereo Only in Sound Settings for HDMI via Intel iGPU in Windows 10 Build 1809 1c687976-905a-4b7f-bf21-4c9be5174de5?upload=true.jpg

Stereo Only in Sound Settings for HDMI via Intel iGPU in Windows 10 Build 1809 492639d1-131c-4e83-a8f6-c50cab9d43eb?upload=true.jpg

Stereo Only in Sound Settings for HDMI via Intel iGPU in Windows 10 Build 1809 19445442-3f4a-4814-bc63-16dc52760a16?upload=true.jpg

Drivers installed based on Driver Store Explorer:

Stereo Only in Sound Settings for HDMI via Intel iGPU in Windows 10 Build 1809 ace34cf2-5f62-4e50-a727-7c87126968fc?upload=true.jpg

Windows version:

Stereo Only in Sound Settings for HDMI via Intel iGPU in Windows 10 Build 1809 dcae207b-edb3-495e-85e4-c6833d5efd3f?upload=true.jpg

Windows Update cannot update to Build 1903 (device not ready) and from reading details on this build it implies only a fix for Dolby Atmos, which I'm not interested in at all. No mention of any other audio updates. All other Windows updates have been applied.

Can you please provide a solution?

There seem to a lot people with similar issues, but I don't see this being addressed by Microsoft. If they are addressing it, then say so and provide a time frame for fix. I have 2 other computers still using Windows 7. If MS does not address this then I will not be using Windows going forward.

:)

S-Band Meter, Jun 26, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Jun 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10 (1809 17763.134) speaker setup reset to stereo after refresh rate change

hi,

there is a little bug in windows 10 october update 1809 17763.134.

tested with hdmi audio, Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G4600 - Graphics 630

i know that sound reverting to stereo after reboot... was a problem in earlier releases too.

this time sound is not reverting, but when openening control panel then endpoint is reverting to stereo.

Steps to Reproduce:

select 1920x1080 50 Hz and configure sound for 5.1 channel layout.

select 1920x1080 24 Hz

select 1920x1080 50 Hz

select 1920x1080 24 Hz --> now when you open Sound Settings, Audio Channel Layout shows stereo.

as long as you do not open Sound Settings - Channel Layout will stay at 5.1.

i think it only happens when switching from higher refresh rate to lower rate.

regards, onur

onursentuerk, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Stereo Only in Sound Settings for HDMI via Intel iGPU in Windows 10 Build 1809

no sound through hdmi to tv

Hi,

The HDMI might not be set as default. To set this as default please follow these steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Sound.
    • Select Change system sounds.
    • Click Playback.
    • Then select the device.
    • At the bottom, click Set Default.
    • Click Apply and OK.

If the troubleshooting steps above did not work for you, try changing a different HDMI cable.

Keep us updated with the result.

Robert Caw, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Stereo Only in Sound Settings for HDMI via Intel iGPU in Windows 10 Build 1809

1. Stereo Only in Sound Settings for HDMI via Intel iGPU in Windows 10 Build 1809 - Similar Threads - Stereo Sound Settings

2. Windows 10 and 5.1 Sound Only Playing Stereo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 and 5.1 Sound Only Playing Stereo: I just got a 5.1 surround sound. Logitech Z906. Asus Z170-A mobo. Windows 10. Connected it using the 3.5mm jacks at the back of the PC. Green, Black, and Orange-ish. Green goes in the stereo out. Orange and Black go one row above for the Center/sub and RearLeft...
  3. Windows 10 and 5.1 Sound Only Playing Stereo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 and 5.1 Sound Only Playing Stereo: I just got a 5.1 surround sound. Logitech Z906. Asus Z170-A mobo. Windows 10. Connected it using the 3.5mm jacks at the back of the PC. Green, Black, and Orange-ish. Green goes in the stereo out. Orange and Black go one row above for the Center/sub and RearLeft...
  4. Windows 10 and 5.1 Sound Only Playing Stereo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. HDMI sound have 5.1 sound selected but only stereo is being played

HDMI sound have 5.1 sound selected but only stereo is being played: Hello. I am running hdmi from windows 10 pc to a marantz integrated amp via hdmi. I have selected 5.1 sound but in all movies, it is only outputting in stereo. In the test, all channels work. My sound driver is intel. Ive tried all the different sample rates. Any...
  6. Windows 10 sound is not in stereo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 sound is not in stereo: I am a musician and use my computer for rehearsing, recording, and other audio tasks. I just got a new computer with windows 10 and set it up to work with my Tascam UH-7000 audio interface and Yamaha HS8 speakers. The problem that I am having is that when I am performing...
  7. Linux / Windows VM's and sound via HDMI

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Linux / Windows VM's and sound via HDMI: Hi folks a number of you use Linux VM's (and some probably as hosts too). If you have HDMI connections to a sound enabled monitor sometimes it's annoying as the sound (when working) still goes by default through the internal speakers --especially on a Laptop. This also is a...
  8. No "stereo mix" option in sound settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    No "stereo mix" option in sound settings: I was going to make a linux virtual machine using VMware. That was easy, however, in the virual machine, when I tried to play audio, it wouldn't work. I searched for some solutions and they said to enable stereo mix in the sound settings. However when I went to my settings, I...
  9. Only Stereo Sound Output via HDMI Cable When 5.1 Available

Only Stereo Sound Output via HDMI Cable When 5.1 Available: Hi I have a Dell Studio 1749 laptop running Windows 10 64bit connected to a Bluray 5.1 surround sound home theatre system via HDMI cable for audio output through the 5.1 speakers and visual output on the HD TV. I'm not sure exactly when this happened, but I recently...
  10. iGPU doesn't output? [Mobo HDMI]

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    iGPU doesn't output? [Mobo HDMI]: I have a weird problem that only happened with Win10, my HDMI output from the mobo doesn't seem to work? My setup is connecting my GPU to my pc monitors and connect to my TV via HDMI because thats the only connection that works with it, but said output is already being...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. windows 10 hdmi audio is stereo only

3. windows hdmi stereo only

4. windows 10 hdmi audio output only stereo,
  5. windows 10 intel hdmi audio only stereo