Windows 10: Stereo speakers are configured as surround speakers, meaning nonexistent speakers play the...

Discus and support Stereo speakers are configured as surround speakers, meaning nonexistent speakers play the... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a couple of G560 speakers two front speakers and a subwoofer. I have discovered that they are configured as 7.1 surround speakers. In the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Fredrik Sjöman, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Stereo speakers are configured as surround speakers, meaning nonexistent speakers play the...

I have a couple of G560 speakers two front speakers and a subwoofer. I have discovered that they are configured as 7.1 surround speakers. In the "playback" settings of Windows 10, to "configure speakers", and when choosing my configuration, I can only choose "7.1 surround". If I press test, it tries to play a sound in all the seven speakers it says exists. When pressing next, I have unchecked the center, side pair and rear pair speakers, leaving only my subwoofer and the essential left and right speakers, which do exist. However, when playing certain games which make use of surround sound, some sounds that should play which are present when using headphones are nonetheless missing.

TLStereo speakers are configured as surround speakers, meaning nonexistent speakers play the... :DR - I have two speakers, but my system believes I have seven in surround sound.

How do I change this so I can hear all the sounds I should?

:)

Fredrik Sjöman, Feb 20, 2021

2. Surround speakers

I am afraid i am on a buget and the HT-AS5 5.1ch Satellite Speaker Surround Sound System is the top of my range, I just want something that will improve the stereo speakers in the tv, I have 5.1 speakers on the pc and the sound is far better than the tv.

cookiemonster, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Stereo speakers on the Lumia 920?

They are two distinct speaker grill with a monoaural piezoelectric speaker. No stereophonic distinctly separated left nor right channel speakers to be found here. It is all in mono.

Only Nokia can verify the final specifications and lay this matter to rest once and for all. As for now, the findings stay as is. It is indeed in mono, as found in the public website of Nokia Developers Handsfree
    Speaker
    (singular, not plural)

Now compare it with Nokia N82, which has stereo handsfree speakers Stereo Handsfree Speakers (plural, not singular)

"Listen to music with enhanced “3D stereo” using the built-in dual speakers or connect the Nokia N82 to a compatible TV using direct TV out connectivity or via Wireless LAN and UPnP."

ster·e·o

/ˈsterē-ō/

Noun

• Sound that is directed through two or
      more speakers so that it seems to surround the listener and to come from more than one source;...
    • A sound system, typically including a CD, tape, or record player, that has
      two or more speakers and produces
      stereo sound.

steelicon---01, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Stereo speakers are configured as surround speakers, meaning nonexistent speakers play the...

Surround Sound With Bluetooth Speaker

I have a wired speakers and a Bluetooth speaker I would like to use for surround sound. I can get the sound to come through both using stereo mix but would like to use it with windows sonic or dolby atmos as a surround speaker. Is there a feature in windows
    or a third party program I can use to only get the back sound to come out of it? Thanks

Hollywood42, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Stereo speakers are configured as surround speakers, meaning nonexistent speakers play the...

1. Stereo speakers are configured as surround speakers, meaning nonexistent speakers play the... - Similar Threads - Stereo speakers are

2. Virtual Surround on 2.1 Stereo Speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual Surround on 2.1 Stereo Speakers: In my Realtek HD Audio Manager there is an option for Virtual Surround. I have 2.1 Stereo Speakers on my system. Do I enable it or keep it disabled? Which should be better sounding?...
  3. Virtual Surround on 2.1 Stereo Speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Virtual Surround on 2.1 Stereo Speakers: In my Realtek HD Audio Manager there is an option for Virtual Surround. I have 2.1 Stereo Speakers on my system. Do I enable it or keep it disabled? Which should be better sounding?...
  4. Virtual Surround on 2.1 Stereo Speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Don't have 5.1 surround configuration in Speaker Setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Don't have 5.1 surround configuration in Speaker Setup: Hi! I'm setting up my first studio 5.1 surround system, but can't get Windows 10 to recognize a surround configuration.In the Windows Speaker setup, I only see options for Mono and Stereo.My soundcard is a Motu 828es. In my Motu settings, Monitor A is set to Analog 1-6 5.1...
  6. Don't have 5.1 surround configuration in Speaker Setup

Don't have 5.1 surround configuration in Speaker Setup: Hi! I'm setting up my first studio 5.1 surround system, but can't get Windows 10 to recognize a surround configuration.In the Windows Speaker setup, I only see options for Mono and Stereo.My soundcard is a Motu 828es. In my Motu settings, Monitor A is set to Analog 1-6 5.1...
  7. Don't have 5.1 surround configuration in Speaker Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Surround Sound With Bluetooth Speaker

Surround Sound With Bluetooth Speaker: I have a wired speakers and a Bluetooth speaker I would like to use for surround sound. I can get the sound to come through both using stereo mix but would like to use it with windows sonic or dolby atmos as a surround speaker. Is there a feature in windows or a third party...
  9. Speaker configuration reverts to Stereo upon reboot - with workaround.

Speaker configuration reverts to Stereo upon reboot - with workaround.: As anyone who has this problem will discover when searching this issue, you are not alone. There are many threads in answers.microsoft.com on this issue, some dating back to 2016, or possibly further. All of the threads now appear to be locked, although some of them were...
  10. Speakers configuration keeps reverting to stereo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speakers configuration keeps reverting to stereo: Hi there, I have encountered a problem with Windows 10 Version 1809. When I click on "Configure" on Windows Sound, the speakers configuration will revert to stereo even after I have selected 5.1 speakers or 7.1 speakers. The issue also causes the sample rate to revert...