Windows 10: StereoMix causes feedback loop when Mic is disabled

Discus and support StereoMix causes feedback loop when Mic is disabled in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I got into an issue I didn't understand at first but I have the exact steps for reproducing it.First of all, I use my laptop for work, and I use a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hbazan, Jul 30, 2021.

1. hbazan Win User

StereoMix causes feedback loop when Mic is disabled

Hi, I got into an issue I didn't understand at first but I have the exact steps for reproducing it.First of all, I use my laptop for work, and I use a wireless headset for meetings, so the only microphone I will ever use is the one from the headset. Thus, I will never ever use the laptop built in mic. That's why I always disable the mic drivers from all laptops, no matter the OS.Then, I needed to send some applications to a different audio output, to split calls and job related things from my music. I've been able to do that enabling StereoMix, and then sending music to the line headphones out

:)

hbazan, Jul 30, 2021

2. Open Mic at Windows Startup causing loud feedback

I have a Blue Yeti (USB) mic which is plugged into a powered USB Hub and I'm running Windows 10 Pro.

For a couple of months now I've had an issue whereby as Windows 10 starts my mic is open and this creates very loud feedback through my speakers.

I use EarTrumpet as my volume control application and this is showing my Blue Yeti mic as a speaker. I can disable this as a speaker to stop the issue occurring, but after a day or two something re-enables it.

Therefore, I have got into the habit of muting my mic as soon as I power the PC on, but would really like a better solution.

I’ve tried the following steps from a post someone else made that sounded like a similar issue…

- Press ‘Windows key + I’ together to open ‘Settings’.

- Click on ‘Update & Security’.

- Click on ‘Troubleshoot’.

- Click on ‘Playing audio’.

- Click on ‘Run the troubleshooter’.

You can also update the audio drivers

and once again disabled the Blue Yeti as a Speaker as a result of doing so, but the mic is still working as a speaker, and EarTrumpet still shows it as a speaker, even after a reboot.

Windows could not find any new drivers.

I’ve tried using ProcessLasso because a few weeks back I read a post that implied that a svchost task was causing this, but nothing obvious was showing.

KaitlynnAllen, Jul 30, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Disabled Microphone still causing Speaker feedback

I've completed all of these same steps and I have an Asus EeePC 1005. No change and I still get feedback or when I try to interact with Cortana, nothing. Please help.

Aubrey Dionne Stallworth, Jul 30, 2021
  4. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

1. StereoMix causes feedback loop when Mic is disabled - Similar Threads - StereoMix causes feedback

2. Perpetual mic feedback with monitoring off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Perpetual mic feedback with monitoring off: I´ve been having mic feedback into my headphones for 3 days now, I know what mic monitoring is and I´ve checked 10 times or more that it is already off, there´s no way I could have checked another device properties because I have all my other audio devices disabled. I´ve...
  3. Perpetual mic feedback with monitoring off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Perpetual mic feedback with monitoring off: I´ve been having mic feedback into my headphones for 3 days now, I know what mic monitoring is and I´ve checked 10 times or more that it is already off, there´s no way I could have checked another device properties because I have all my other audio devices disabled. I´ve...
  4. Perpetual mic feedback with monitoring off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Stereomix problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stereomix problems: Hello everybody.I recently upgraded to Windows 10 21H1 and now want to record sound from the microphone and the sound card simultaneously. So I enabled stereomix, set it as a default recording device and checked "Listen to this device" in microphone preferences. But there's a...
  6. Stereomix Help!

Stereomix Help!: So I have been using Stereo mix for years to broadcast music, a few days ago the sound just started to sound very weird, almost like through a microphone rather than directly from computer to source, I have tried everything I can think of and cannot seem to get it sounding...
  7. Stereomix Help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Stereomix Help!: So I have been using Stereo mix for years to broadcast music, a few days ago the sound just started to sound very weird, almost like through a microphone rather than directly from computer to source, I have tried everything I can think of and cannot seem to get it sounding...
  8. Open Mic at Windows Startup causing loud feedback

Open Mic at Windows Startup causing loud feedback: I have a Blue Yeti USB mic which is plugged into a powered USB Hub and I'm running Windows 10 Pro. For a couple of months now I've had an issue whereby as Windows 10 starts my mic is open and this creates very loud feedback through my speakers. I use EarTrumpet as my...
  9. Audio/Stereomix problem.

Audio/Stereomix problem.: So i recently bought this computer and i have been trying to set up my headphones that have a mic on the but my laptop doesn't pickup that they are even plugged in. So i know there is a fix by going to the control panel then to Realtek HD audio manager and then click multi...
  10. Disable Feedback & Diagnostics?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Feedback & Diagnostics?: Is there a Group Policy option (or something easier) that can disable 'Diagnostic and usage data' (in Privacy>Feedback & diagnostics section) as the lowest setting from the menu is Basic? 9814