Windows 10: Stereomix problems

Discus and support Stereomix problems in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everybody.I recently upgraded to Windows 10 21H1 and now want to record sound from the microphone and the sound card simultaneously. So I enabled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IlyaDneprovsky, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Stereomix problems

Hello everybody.I recently upgraded to Windows 10 21H1 and now want to record sound from the microphone and the sound card simultaneously. So I enabled stereomix, set it as a default recording device and checked "Listen to this device" in microphone preferences. But there's a problem: I can't hear neither sound from the headphones, nor sound from the microphone in the recording.How do I solve this problem?

:)

IlyaDneprovsky, Jun 9, 2021

2. Enabling Stereomix on Surface Book

I want to enable "Stereomix " on my Surface Book. I am a Singer and need the feature to make short recordings of exerpts of pieces for study and practice purposes.

At the same time, I do not want to install the original drivers from the Realtek site only to have them replaced by driver updates from Microsoft.

To make this quite clear, I am not infringing on any copyrights with this practice, according to copyright laws this is considered as "fair use".

Can anybody tell me how to do this or work around it?

Thank you

Patrick B. Ludwig (Switzerland)

Addendum:

Problem is solved. Forget Stereomix, just use 'VB-Cable' (Donationware). Sets up a virtual audio cable with corresponding drivers. Superb

Patrick B.Ludwig, Jun 9, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jun 9, 2021
  4. Pikem4n Win User

Stereomix problems

Getting the stereomix working on a asus mobo with windows7!

Hello folks

Does anyone know of a way to enable stereomix on a Asus M4N98TD EVO motherboard, as i am currently using windows 7 64-bit and i've followed guides on how to enable stereomix,but i can not simply do it!

Currently my audio device on the said motherboard has drivers installed from microsoft and today i've downloaded some drivers from VIA, i've tried to disable the the old driver and add the new ones but i can't do it, is there something i am not doing quite right?

Or do i need to buy a new soundcard to the stereomix working on this pc if so, any recommendations would be gratefully appreciated (so would any help too!)

Many thanks from pikeman

Pikem4n, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

Stereomix problems

1. Stereomix problems - Similar Threads - Stereomix problems

2. windows 11 23h2 problems in digital signature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 23h2 problems in digital signature: Hi... We are using USB Digital signature for official work. We are using OS Windows 11 23H2 . Once signature process completed, if we remove the USB digital signature from the Laptop ,it automatically closes all the applications and shutdown window will come. It is only in...
  3. windows 11 23h2 problems in digital signature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 23h2 problems in digital signature: Hi... We are using USB Digital signature for official work. We are using OS Windows 11 23H2 . Once signature process completed, if we remove the USB digital signature from the Laptop ,it automatically closes all the applications and shutdown window will come. It is only in...
  4. StereoMix causes feedback loop when Mic is disabled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    StereoMix causes feedback loop when Mic is disabled: Hi, I got into an issue I didn't understand at first but I have the exact steps for reproducing it.First of all, I use my laptop for work, and I use a wireless headset for meetings, so the only microphone I will ever use is the one from the headset. Thus, I will never ever...
  5. Stereomix Help!

Stereomix Help!: So I have been using Stereo mix for years to broadcast music, a few days ago the sound just started to sound very weird, almost like through a microphone rather than directly from computer to source, I have tried everything I can think of and cannot seem to get it sounding...
  6. Stereomix Help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Stereomix Help!: So I have been using Stereo mix for years to broadcast music, a few days ago the sound just started to sound very weird, almost like through a microphone rather than directly from computer to source, I have tried everything I can think of and cannot seem to get it sounding...
  7. How can i activate the win10 sound drivers to have StereoMix habilitated with Realtek sound...

How can i activate the win10 sound drivers to have StereoMix habilitated with Realtek sound...: Hi Microsoft team i tray activate on my sound settings the StereoMix but not have options to do. I hope you can help me about my need on my laptop, because i don't have settings in Recording options only microphone are visible-activated. and it been market two box...
  8. Audio/Stereomix problems

Audio/Stereomix problems: So i some what recently bought this computer and i have been trying to set up my headphones that have a mic but my laptop doesn't pickup that they are even plugged in. So i know there is a fix by going to the control panel then to Realtek HD audio manager and then click multi...
  9. Audio/Stereomix problem.

Audio/Stereomix problem.: So i recently bought this computer and i have been trying to set up my headphones that have a mic on the but my laptop doesn't pickup that they are even plugged in. So i know there is a fix by going to the control panel then to Realtek HD audio manager and then click multi...
  10. Audio issues with stereomix and bose Companion5

Audio issues with stereomix and bose Companion5: so i am trying to get a visualizer to listen to my speakers. unfortunately it doesnt see my bose companion5 speakers. it can however see the stereo mix. what i need to do is get the stereo mix to "play" the sound that i am playing from my speakers. i have tried setting it so...