Windows 10: Stick with OEM supplies version of drivers or is it safe to update?

Discus and support Stick with OEM supplies version of drivers or is it safe to update? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a MSI Gaming Laptop and have downloaded the drivers for restoring my pc from MSI. I noticed that many of the drivers they have for my pc are out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CampNowhere, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Stick with OEM supplies version of drivers or is it safe to update?

I have a MSI Gaming Laptop and have downloaded the drivers for restoring my pc from MSI. I noticed that many of the drivers they have for my pc are out of date compared to the version I can download from Intel, ASMedia, etc...

Should I stay with the supplied version of drivers MSI supplies from their site or is it safe to update to newer versions from the official sites such as Intel?

:)

CampNowhere, Jan 27, 2019

2. Windows update keeps replacing ALPS Touchpad driver with a Synaptics driver.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and delete the previous drivers and the latest drivers for the touchpad and install the required version of the driver from Device Manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand the Touch pad driver.
    • Right click on the driver and click on update/install.
    • Select the required version from the on-screen prompts.

And for the problem with the installation of printer drivers, I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 27, 2019
  3. Windows update reverted display to MS Basic Display Driver

Hi,

Normally, this issue occurs when the drivers were being corrupted or updated after the recent update. Since you've already tried to install the latest driver, we suggest that you roll back to the previous driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue. To
    do this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click the device for which you want to roll back to the previous version of the driver, and then click
      Properties.
    • Under the Driver tab, select Roll Back Driver.
    • Select OK.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Jan 27, 2019
  4. Stick with OEM supplies version of drivers or is it safe to update?

Can't update to current ATi drivers

In my previous attemps to update drivers I went through the complete process you mentioned, but using driver sweeper...I don't really know if there is any difference between the two programs, but sweeper was recommended by the sticky post here on how to update drivres...so that is what I used when first trying to update.

Any how I just followed your pervious suggestion and down loaded and installed v8.10 over the old drivers. I also tried to updated directly from the device manager...but it kept telling me I have the most recent version, which in device mgr now says v8.54.....But after using CCC to search for the most current drivers which were the 8.10 that I installed, CCC is listing in the Info Ctr under graphic software, Driver package version 8.541 (which are digital signer by MS) and Catalyst Version 08.10.

So I'm guessing that even though the device mgr lists current drivers at 8.541, my drivers are infact updated to 8.10 in the CCC ?

Man this is making me dizzy.... *Twitch :twitch:

dieselcat18, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

Stick with OEM supplies version of drivers or is it safe to update?

1. Stick with OEM supplies version of drivers or is it safe to update? - Similar Threads - Stick OEM supplies

2. Broken display adapter driver supplied by Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Broken display adapter driver supplied by Windows Update: Hi,Windows Update forces me to install Intel Display Adapter driver version 27.20, but it's not compatible with my device. In fact, it prevents my laptop from waking up after suspend mode. Latest compatible version is a custom 26.20, as shown on ASUS driver support. I also...
  3. The supplied kernel information version is invalid

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The supplied kernel information version is invalid: Hi, I can't create a folder because apeare the box with the text below:"the supplied kernel information version is invalid". I mentioned that I recived a corrupt file and I instaled him. I maked all the update of the Windows and more of that I run in Command Promt with...
  4. The supplied kernel information version is invalid

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The supplied kernel information version is invalid: Hi, I can't create a folder because apeare the box with the text below:"the supplied kernel information version is invalid". I mentioned that I recived a corrupt file and I instaled him. I maked all the update of the Windows and more of that I run in Command Promt with...
  5. OEM Versions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OEM Versions: there are any thing illegal to Microsoft from using oem windows versions.... I will use it to my device but the very low price of the windows makes me hesitant to buy it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-versions/20529ad5-990f-46e5-ba83-afc277c9cf49
  6. Is this an OEM Driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is this an OEM Driver?: Hello, I am running Windows 10 on Lenovo Ideapad 330-15ikb 8081F500GYHV. This notebook comes with Intel core i5-8250u eighth generation CPU, integrated Intel UHD 620 graphics and a discrete AMD 540 high performance graphics card so it is a hybrid graphics system. The AMD...
  7. winZip driver updater is it safe

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    winZip driver updater is it safe: winZip driver updater is it safe * Moved from health & band https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/winzip-driver-updater-is-it-safe/ee6b6d12-e819-44f5-a9de-7bcdb7553ab6
  8. Intel Supply Update

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Supply Update: To our customers and partners, The first half of this year showed remarkable growth for our industry. I want to take a moment to recap where we’ve been, offer our sincere thanks and acknowledge the work underway to support you with performance-leading Intel products to help...
  9. Retail version or OEM version

in Windows 10 Support
    Retail version or OEM version: Hi Friends, I am thinking of building a new PC on my own. I am a home user only. I will buy all the hardware from a local shop ie motherboard, cpu, ram, hdd etc and then I would like to install a genuine/legal version of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit on it. But should I buy OEM...
  10. The supplied kernel information version is invalid

in Windows 10 Support
    The supplied kernel information version is invalid: Today I boot into my Windows 10 x74 and a red box appears in the center of the screen with the sentence "The supplied kernel information version is invalid." Wtf? I googled that and did a recommended admin powershell command Code: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> sfc /scannow...