Windows 10: Stickies all in separate windows after update, completely destroys alt-tab functionality

Discus and support Stickies all in separate windows after update, completely destroys alt-tab functionality in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So using my Stickies for the first time after updating my system yesterday, I was shocked to discover that the functionality of the Stickies app has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Anji_work, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Anji_work Win User

Stickies all in separate windows after update, completely destroys alt-tab functionality

So using my Stickies for the first time after updating my system yesterday, I was shocked to discover that the functionality of the Stickies app has beencompletely destroyed and I cannot figure out how to go back to the way things were. Please help!

All my Stickies are suddenly being treated by the system as separate windows, so if I want to alt-tab between open windows, I now have to alt-tab throughdozens of stickies, which COMPLETELY destroys the usability of alt-tab!

I had previously set up my Stickies so they were all neatly displayed side by side over the whole screen. With a single alt-tab I could see all of them at once, quickly access the info I needed, then alt-tab back to the application/other window I was working in. Pretty much the whole entire point of having Stickies.

Now, I have to either have a crappy list view, in which I have to actively scroll down and down, and down to find the sticky I need and with no way to re-order them either, but that's another, separate gripe, open it, copy/check the info, close it, then go back to my working app... OR with my stickies all displayed on the screen like usual, I now have to alt-tab through every single one of them to get to the one I need. Then alt-tab aaaaaall the way through, or back, to the working app. WTH?!

How do I fix this?

Or what can I roll back from this "update" that has completely destroyed the quick-access usability of Stickies?

This is seriously affecting my workflow, so I hope it can be solved quickly and simply, thanks in advance for your help.

:)

Anji_work, Jul 13, 2020
  2. Kleux Win User

Windows 10 random tabbing in everything and alt tab problem

Hi Donna,

Yes, it happens on all programs, may it be desktop, windows sign in screen, everywhere.

I tried the ff. but it doesn't work.

press shift five times

press shift for 8 seconds

uninstalling the laptop keyboard

I just found out that the TAB key has no function and the following keys (Right Shift, Caps Lock, BackSpace, Num Lock, T, Y, [, ], 4, 8)does its function but keeps on tabbing continuously until I press the keys that functions normally.

Alt+Backapace is functioning as Alt+Tab but it keeps on tabbing.

Kleux, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    ALT + Tab not functioning

Hello,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

I suggest you to check if the same issue occurs in safe mode.

Safe mode is a troubleshooting option for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. The word
    Safe Mode appears in the corners of your monitor to identify which monitors mode you are using.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Run will open, type
      msconfig and hit the Enter key.
    • A system configuration box will pop up.
    • Click on Boot Tab.
    • Select or click the check box Safe mode with networking.
    • Click on Apply and ok.
    • You will then see a restart button. Click it to restart your computer.
    Once you are in safe mode check if the issue exist.

Once you completed the steps above follow the below steps on how to go back to normal mode:

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Run will open, type
      msconfig and hit the Enter key.
    • A system configuration box will pop up.
    • Click on Boot Tab.
    • If you see safe mode box has a check mark in it,
      uncheck the safe mode box and hit apply or
      ok
    • You will then see a restart button. Click it to restart your computer.
    • When your computer comes back up, sign in and you will now be in "normal mode".
    Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Stickies all in separate windows after update, completely destroys alt-tab functionality

alt + tab not working

Just found a really cool way to make alt+tab INSTANT!!!

In the launch options write the following: -windowed -noborder

Stickies all in separate windows after update, completely destroys alt-tab functionality Capture122.jpg

This play exactly the same as fullscreen but now you dont have to wait 30 f*@!ing seconds to alt+tab back in!

Also you don't get the little purple/black checkered effect (only in Source games) from alt+tabbing in fullscreen.

oli_ramsay, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Stickies all in separate windows after update, completely destroys alt-tab functionality

1. Stickies all in separate windows after update, completely destroys alt-tab functionality - Similar Threads - Stickies separate update

2. Alt-Tab, window movement, system functions suddenly slowed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt-Tab, window movement, system functions suddenly slowed: So recently my Dell G3 running on Windows 10 has gotten substantially slower. Most notably is that alt-tab takes about 6 seconds to actually show me the semi-grid preview of possible windows to switch to, and then the tabbing itself has a similar delay to the point of being...
  3. Alt-Tab, window movement, system functions suddenly slowed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alt-Tab, window movement, system functions suddenly slowed: So recently my Dell G3 running on Windows 10 has gotten substantially slower. Most notably is that alt-tab takes about 6 seconds to actually show me the semi-grid preview of possible windows to switch to, and then the tabbing itself has a similar delay to the point of being...
  4. Alt+tab functionality is Broken in Windows 10 20H2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alt+tab functionality is Broken in Windows 10 20H2: After the Windows October 2020 Update 20H2, Alt+tab functionality is massively broken. I am seeing the following issues: Alt+tab doesn't go to the recent window and instead switches to the next window. Alt+tab continues to show all Edge tabs no matter what setting you...
  5. Alt+Tab not working at all

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt+Tab not working at all: I'm not even sure when this started but for whatever reason, I cant use Alt+Tab I googled some solutions Like these for example but none of them worked the closet thing is pressing Alt+Ctrl+Tab but I want the original way back and this is a new Laptop purchased it New from...
  6. Alt Tab is not consistent after 20H2 Update

Alt Tab is not consistent after 20H2 Update: I updated to 20H2 as soon as I got it. But Alt Tab settings were defaulted to all edge tabs and windows. Changed that to windows only cuz I don't want my hundreds of tabs on my screen when I Alt Tab. But Alt Tab is now inconsistent. If I have 3 windows / programs open and I...
  7. Windows 10 alt-tab functionality

Windows 10 alt-tab functionality: Everyone knows and uses Task Switcher (alt-tab) to some extent in Windows. In MacOS, however, you can also switch specifically among sub-tasks using a separate hotkey (cmd + `). So, if you have 3 Chrome windows open, this feature will allow you to switch only among these...
  8. Windows 10 Alt Tab Function

Windows 10 Alt Tab Function: I recently installed Windows 10 pro on my Grandmother's PC sometimes my cousins play on it and they encounter a problem while playing a game, the game doesn't work when it is on but when they switch tabs using alt+tab, the game loads and they hear the game's music. This is my...
  9. Alt-Tab broken after Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Alt-Tab broken after Windows update: I just had to update to version 1903 of Windows 10 Pro on my laptop as apparently the version that was installed previously will no longer be supported. And now the Alt-Tab feature seems to be broken. How do I fix it?...
  10. Alt+Tab not working at all

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Alt+Tab not working at all: I can't get Alt+Tab to function. Win+Tab works fine, as does Left-Alt+Right-Alt+Tab. But I need Alt+Tab for a lot of the multi-tasking I do, and Win+Tab just doesn't cut it. I've checked in settings, and the Alt+Tab option in there is set to "Only the Desktop I'm Using";...