Windows 10: Sticky CORNERS. So not edges. How to disable?

Discus and support Sticky CORNERS. So not edges. How to disable? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Seaching for a solution for weeks now. Extremely annoying corners are catching my mouse cursor. Most of the time if I'm in a big hurry and I need a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rexodus, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Rexodus Win User

Sticky CORNERS. So not edges. How to disable?

Seaching for a solution for weeks now.

Extremely annoying corners are catching my mouse cursor. Most of the time if I'm in a big hurry and I need a click on monitor 3 within 2 seconds. It happens at the X on monitor 1 (Close program) and the start-button on monitor 3. The latter is no problem but the stickyness from 1 to 3 has to go.

Is there a way in 2018 to fix that? Things I've tried:

sticky corners windows 10 at DuckDuckGo

The top 10 links....

TnX!

Sticky CORNERS. So not edges. How to disable? [​IMG]

:)

Rexodus, Jan 12, 2019
  2. Calignos Win User

Disabling 'Sticky Corners'?

I've found the problem, it is something referred to as "sticky corners", I've edited more details in my original post above. Any help on disabling these sticky corners would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Calignos, Jan 12, 2019
  3. NAT
    Nat Win User
    How to disable sticky corners in Windows 10

Partial solution

• Disable "Snap"
    • Doesn't fix the whole problem, but makes it a lot less severe.
    • Easy to do: Disable "Snap" in Windows 10. See below for details if link breaks.
    • You can implement the workaround for a full solution if you really want to, but it's a lot of work since you'd literally need to make a program to do it. Details at the end of this post.

Background

I have a 6-monitor set up:

Whenever I moved a window from one monitor to another, Windows 10 would check to see if I wanted to maximize it. This features, called "Snap", appears to be bugged because it frequently prevented me from moving a window from one display to another. I found this SuperUser question while frustrated about it.

Disabling Snap really helped me. This also automatically disabled Aero shake, which I consider to be a bonus.

Procedure

To disable "Snap" and "Aero shake":

1. Go to:
      • "Control Panel"
      • --> "All Control Panel Items"
      • --> "Ease of Access Center"
      • --> "Make the mouse easier to use".
    2. Check "Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen".
    3. Click "OK" or "Apply".

Results

• "Snap", which blocked moving windows from one screen to another, is now disabled. Windows can move freely.
    • "Aero shake", which causes all windows to minimize when one window is shaken, is now disabled.
    • "Sticky corners", which causes a similar problem but at just the corners (and not all boundaries), is still a problem. As best as I can tell, there is currently (2015-08-18) no way to disable Sticky Corners or further mitigate the problems it causes.

Workaround

There's a workaround for Sticky Corners, but it's not fun. The gist is that you make a WPF program that puts small black squares at the corner of each of your displays, then when the program detects mouse movement over those squares, it hops your mouse to the next screen as intended. Technically you'd probably want to adjust the shape of the "squares" to match whatever area Sticky Corners actually affects (probably an L-like shape?).

Basically:

1. Download Visual Studio, e.g. Visual Studio 2015 Community.
    2. Make a WPF project.
    3. Have the WPF application make a Window on every page. For each Window:

Code:
      this.Topmost = true;
      this.AllowsTransparency = true;
      this.Background = Brushes.Transparent;
      this.WindowState = WindowStates.Maximized;
      Border border = new Border();
      this.Content = border;
      border.Background = Brushes.Transparent;
      border.BorderBrush = Brushes.Black;
      border.BorderThickness = new Thickness(5);
      border.MouseMove += HandleThisByMovingTheMouseToTheCorrectScreen();

4. Write HandleThisByMovingTheMouseToTheCorrectScreen() to move the mouse to the appropriate location, thus avoiding Sticky Corners from trapping it.
    5. If you want to get fancy, instead of a Border, make a Grid with a separate Canvas for each corner (as opposed to the Border, which would also cover the edges that aren't corners on each screen).

4. Calignos Win User

Disabling 'Sticky Corners'?

Edited:
    I've done some looking up on what the issue is, and I believe that it's something commonly referred to as "sticky corners". There is a few pixels space on the bottom and top of the screen (between both monitors) which does not allow mouse movement from one screen to the other. To get the mouse to the other screen, I need to drag the mouse down about a centimeter and then it moves across to the equal position on the other screen (not the very top, meaning that it's not a scaling issue). I drag windows around constantly, and they keep getting stuck in the top or bottom of the screen, and it's quite distracting.

Sticky CORNERS. So not edges. How to disable? [​IMG]

As you see in the screenshot that I've attached, the small red line is where the mouse simply refuses to move across, regardless of the speed of the mouse.

This was apparently a feature in Windows 8.1 as well, which there was a solution for by messing around in the registry editor, however this is no longer the case in Windows 10 (the files which used to be edited are no longer there in 10).

Any suggestions on how to disable these "sticky corners" would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Calignos, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Sticky CORNERS. So not edges. How to disable? - Similar Threads - Sticky CORNERS edges

2. Any way to disable sticky corners without an external program?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to disable sticky corners without an external program?: The EdgeUI registry edit does not seem to function, on dual monitor setup my mouse always gets caught in the corners between the 2 screens, how do you disable this? submitted by /u/fizar [link] [comments]...
  3. Multi-monitors, sticky corners

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multi-monitors, sticky corners: Hello: I have three monitors, the middle one portrait. I encounter what is described as "sticky corners". I have tried to enter Non-Stick Mouse - http://www.jawfin.net but I get warned by Norton that it is a known dangerous site. So, is it an okay site, or is there any...
  4. Windows 10 Sticky Corners

Windows 10 Sticky Corners: Problem: When using extended displays, the corners adjacent to an extended monitor have a ~6 pixel wall that will block your cursor from traversing the border. [ATTACH] Placing your cursor in the red areas and trying to cross the border to the adjacent monitor fails. On a...
  5. Disable sticky corners

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable sticky corners: So I've been trying to google around for a solution to the annoying sticky corners I'm experiencing while on a multi-monitor setup. I have turned off window snapping, but there are still a few pixels at the top and bottom of BOTH monitors (so they are not misaligned and they...
  6. Please disable Windows 10 Sticky Corners

Please disable Windows 10 Sticky Corners: When moving between multiple monitors on Windows 10, there's a 6 pixel 'sticky corner' where my mouse gets stuck on the corners of the screen instead of advancing to the next monitor. How can I disable Sticky Corners in Windows 10? I've disconnected my other monitors at...
  7. Please fix Sticky Corners!

Please fix Sticky Corners!: Please fix the sticky corners issues when using multiple monitors. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-fix-sticky-corners/51a2cf98-023d-41ab-a815-88473835efc2
  8. How do I disable sticky corners

How do I disable sticky corners: I just installed windows 10, and the top and bottom corners of the border between my monitors catch my mouse regardless of how fast I'm moving. The MouseCornerClipLength registry entry is missing, and adding it makes no difference 9928
  9. Disabling 'Sticky Corners'?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling 'Sticky Corners'?: Edited: I've done some looking up on what the issue is, and I believe that it's something commonly referred to as "sticky corners". There is a few pixels space on the bottom and top of the screen (between both monitors) which does not allow mouse movement from one screen to...
  10. How to disable multi-monitor sticky edges in 9860?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable multi-monitor sticky edges in 9860?: Hello, This is my first post here so I hope that I'm not posting this in the wrong place or otherwise doing something wrong, if I'm doing something wrong then I apologize in advance. So I just updated to Windows 10 TP 9860 and I realized that I now had the sticky edges...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 disable sticky corners edges

2. windows disable sticky corners

3. win 10 sticky corners

4. sticky corners windows 10 disable,
  5. sticky corners on mouse,
  6. disable corners/edges on windows 10,
  7. visual studio sticky corners,
  8. disable edges and corners