Windows 10: Sticky Key/Filter Key is off and ALT Key still sticking! I tried everything =

Discus and support Sticky Key/Filter Key is off and ALT Key still sticking! I tried everything = in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there, I really hope someone here has encountered this before, I have searched the internet high and low and no one really described the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by foggyday10, May 14, 2021.

1. Sticky Key/Filter Key is off and ALT Key still sticking! I tried everything =

Hi there, I really hope someone here has encountered this before, I have searched the internet high and low and no one really described the same problem.My ALT Key is acting like cap lock, being toggled on and off. It is being held until I press it again. Both Left and Right Alt same issue.Things I have tried:-Tried another keyboard, same problem-Sticky key/toggle key setting both completely off,-Restarted, updated all the windows 10 updates-Downloaded all the firmware required for my keyboard.-both L/R Alt key same problem.-Used third party software mapped one of the Alts to another key, sa

:)

foggyday10, May 14, 2021

2. I want the alt key to be unsticky. I have sticky keys turned off. Alt key is sticky.

I want the alt key to be unsticky. I have sticky keys turned off. Alt key is sticky.

Ctrl and shift keys are working fine - not sticky. Alt key is sticky on Photoshop and Internet Explorer menus. However, it doesn't register as sticking in the on-screen keyboard.

Windows 10

Apple keyboard, corded.

I tried everything on this site: registry edit, reloading drivers, windows sticky key settings, windows updates, malware scan, etc.

How to turn off Sticky Keys in Windows 10 [Complete Guide]

Nothing worked.

Anthonygoes, May 14, 2021
  3. doncole Win User
    Sticky Keys

If you push the shift key 5 times a prompt comes up asking if want Sticky Keys or not.
    If you select yes then the next time you hit the Shift, Control, Alt or Window key, a beep sounds and the next key you hit will be effected by the Sticky Key.

This very handy if you can only type with one hand.

For example if you hit the shift key, hear the beep, and the next key you hit is p it will come out P. if you hit p again without hitting the shift key again it will come out p. Supposedly.

After series of uses my Sticky Keys sticks (won't shut off).
    To shut it off I hit the shift key 5 times or until I hear a funny beep.

Is there an easier way to shut it off? Preferably from the key board?

Don Cole

doncole, May 14, 2021
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Sticky Key/Filter Key is off and ALT Key still sticking! I tried everything =

sticky keys

Hi,

Sticky keys dialog box appears when you have press the Shift key five times continuously. It also lets you use the Shift, Ctrl, ALT, or Windows Logo keys by pressing one key at a time. You can set up Sticky Keys from the Ease of Access Center on the Control
    Panel. Follow the steps below:

• Press the Shift key five times.
    • Once the dialog box appear, click the Go to the Ease of Access Center to disable keyboard shortcut link.
    • It will open the Set up Sticky Notes window in the Control Panel.
    • Uncheck Turn on Sticky Keys when SHIFT is pressed five times option.
    • You can also set the settings to your desired option.

After doing so, check if the same pop-up will appear while playing the game.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, May 14, 2021
Thema:

Sticky Key/Filter Key is off and ALT Key still sticking! I tried everything =

1. Sticky Key/Filter Key is off and ALT Key still sticking! I tried everything = - Similar Threads - Sticky Key Filter

2. Turned off Filter Keys, and Sticky Keys in Settings, but it keeps beeping when I hit shift...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turned off Filter Keys, and Sticky Keys in Settings, but it keeps beeping when I hit shift...: I already Turned off Filter Keys, and Sticky Keys in Settings, but it keeps beeping when I hit shift a few times in game.I already restarted my PC since the Changes in Settings, none of this fixes the Beep issues.I am using a laptop, and am on win 10.The Random beeping...
  3. Turned off Filter Keys, and Sticky Keys in Settings, but it keeps beeping when I hit shift...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turned off Filter Keys, and Sticky Keys in Settings, but it keeps beeping when I hit shift...: I already Turned off Filter Keys, and Sticky Keys in Settings, but it keeps beeping when I hit shift a few times in game.I already restarted my PC since the Changes in Settings, none of this fixes the Beep issues.I am using a laptop, and am on win 10.The Random beeping...
  4. Sticky "i" key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky "i" key.: i have a slight problem with my keyboard. The letter "i" keeps sticking. Not all the time, it's an intermittent fault. For example, i will press the key and nothing happens. However, later while I'm typing, the letter i will spawn randomly, even when I'm pressing the...
  5. Keyboard won’t work after turning on sticky keys, filter keys, and toggle keys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard won’t work after turning on sticky keys, filter keys, and toggle keys.: This may be a coincidence. Furthermore, upon rebooting I can use the keyboard to type the Windows security code, but when I click enter, the keyboard no longer works. I tried using a second keyboard but had the same results. Does anyone have the same problem? Does anyone...
  6. Keyboard won’t work after turning on sticky keys, filter keys, and toggle keys.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard won’t work after turning on sticky keys, filter keys, and toggle keys.: This may be a coincidence. Furthermore, upon rebooting I can use the keyboard to type the Windows security code, but when I click enter, the keyboard no longer works. I tried using a second keyboard but had the same results. Does anyone have the same problem? Does anyone...
  7. Filter keys not turning off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Filter keys not turning off: So, basically I try to do anything but filter keys is on so I go to the little startup thing to turn it off, and its already off, so I press shift 5 times, nothing I hols shift for 8 seconds, nothing WHAT DO I DO submitted by /u/that-drawinguy [link] [comments]...
  8. Killing sticky keys and filter keys in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Killing sticky keys and filter keys in windows 10: Every time i restart these are active again, ive tried, going in through shift 5 times. going to the control panel and disabeling sticky and filter keys, and going into their sub menus and disabling them in there, LITTERALLY HUNDREDS OF TIMES. ive reinstalled windows 7 times...
  9. Keyboard making noises. No I don't have on sticky keys, or toggle keys, or Filter keys.

Keyboard making noises. No I don't have on sticky keys, or toggle keys, or Filter keys.: This is odd to me. Because every time I press either Left Shift, T or F. my computer beeps. But its temperamental. Sometimes it beeps when I don't press anything. Sometimes it beeps if I specifically press Shift+T or Shift+F sometimes T and F beep on their own. Sometimes...
  10. filter key

filter key: how do I turn off filter keys? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/filter-key/4b82c632-80a2-4d72-bd2a-a252f61c6d11