Windows 10: Sticky keys mean I cannot enter password to get on my laptop

Discus and support Sticky keys mean I cannot enter password to get on my laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Sticky keys suddenly came on. I tried googling how to turn them off but google wouldn't recognise the jumble of letters that appeared when I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NikkiHollis, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Sticky keys mean I cannot enter password to get on my laptop

Sticky keys suddenly came on. I tried googling how to turn them off but google wouldn't recognise the jumble of letters that appeared when I tried to type so tried turning it off and on again but now can't even get onto that laptop as cannot enter my password due to the sticky keys.

How can I log in?

How can I turn the sticky keys off (preferably forever)?

Who thought sticky keys were a good idea?

(first 2 questions the most important)

Thanks, Gareth (having to use wife's laptop to ask you)

:)

NikkiHollis, Dec 10, 2018

2. Sticky Keys

My laptop has locked with Sticky Keys turned on which means I cant type in my password to switch them off. How do i solve this issue?

MattBurgess1, Dec 10, 2018
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    sticky keys

Hi,

Sticky keys dialog box appears when you have press the Shift key five times continuously. It also lets you use the Shift, Ctrl, ALT, or Windows Logo keys by pressing one key at a time. You can set up Sticky Keys from the Ease of Access Center on the Control
    Panel. Follow the steps below:

• Press the Shift key five times.
    • Once the dialog box appear, click the Go to the Ease of Access Center to disable keyboard shortcut link.
    • It will open the Set up Sticky Notes window in the Control Panel.
    • Uncheck Turn on Sticky Keys when SHIFT is pressed five times option.
    • You can also set the settings to your desired option.

After doing so, check if the same pop-up will appear while playing the game.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Dec 10, 2018
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Sticky keys mean I cannot enter password to get on my laptop

Sticky keys turning on after my computer sleeps

Hi,

Sticky Keys is a Windows Ease of Access feature that makes it possible to use keyboard shortcuts or type capital letters without needing to press more than one key at once. Since the sticky keys still turning back on when the Shift key is pressed 5 times, you
    can disable it by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type "Turn on easy access keys".
    • Press the Enter key.
    • Click Set up Sticky Keys.
    • Uncheck Turn on Sticky Keys when SHIFT is pressed five times.
    • Click Apply.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

Sticky keys mean I cannot enter password to get on my laptop

1. Sticky keys mean I cannot enter password to get on my laptop - Similar Threads - Sticky keys mean

2. I cannot enter my password because the alpha keys do not generate input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot enter my password because the alpha keys do not generate input: I cannot enter my password because the alpha keys do not work but the numeric keys do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-enter-my-password-because-the-alpha-keys/ca19cf97-4446-4b72-9c4a-0d03a9561242
  3. I cannot enter my password because the alpha keys do not generate input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot enter my password because the alpha keys do not generate input: I cannot enter my password because the alpha keys do not work but the numeric keys do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-enter-my-password-because-the-alpha-keys/ca19cf97-4446-4b72-9c4a-0d03a9561242
  4. Sticky "i" key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky "i" key.: i have a slight problem with my keyboard. The letter "i" keeps sticking. Not all the time, it's an intermittent fault. For example, i will press the key and nothing happens. However, later while I'm typing, the letter i will spawn randomly, even when I'm pressing the...
  5. Sticky "i" key.

Sticky "i" key.: i have a slight problem with my keyboard. The letter "i" keeps sticking. Not all the time, it's an intermittent fault. For example, i will press the key and nothing happens. However, later while I'm typing, the letter i will spawn randomly, even when I'm pressing the...
  6. Sticky "i" key.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Cannot Disable Sticky Keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Disable Sticky Keys: Hello,I have a problem about sticky keys. When I open my computer it activates instantly. I tried to uncheck boxes at ease of access and windows settings but it didn't work. Still I have the issue when I reboot computer its active again. I also tried to disable it from...
  8. Cannot Disable Sticky Keys

Cannot Disable Sticky Keys: Hello,I have a problem about sticky keys. When I open my computer it activates instantly. I tried to uncheck boxes at ease of access and windows settings but it didn't work. Still I have the issue when I reboot computer its active again. I also tried to disable it from...
  9. I cannot access my Google passwords because I cannot enter my Windows password in Google...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cannot access my Google passwords because I cannot enter my Windows password in Google...: I am trying to update my Google passwords account, and I need to enter my Windows p/w in my Google acct p/w window to do this! Yes, strange as it seems, there is a bizarre hierarchy of passwords in which Windows p/w controls Google acct ! HOWEVER, the Google Window asking...
  10. In my laptop I am not getting option of entering password from yesterday

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In my laptop I am not getting option of entering password from yesterday: I am not getting option entering password in welcome screen My windows10 license was expired few days before Please suggest https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-my-laptop-i-am-not-getting-option-of-entering/31d8bf55-f6fe-465c-96a3-c365bc8c4f8e