Windows 10: Sticky keys on Windows 11 through Citrix remote sessions is a complete disaster.

Discus and support Sticky keys on Windows 11 through Citrix remote sessions is a complete disaster. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; If I accidentally hold the shift key down too long sticky keys comes up in the remote session and no matter what I do, after that point I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jacmac_, Mar 15, 2024.

1. Sticky keys on Windows 11 through Citrix remote sessions is a complete disaster.

If I accidentally hold the shift key down too long sticky keys comes up in the remote session and no matter what I do, after that point I have to reboot my computer because the keyboad simply stops responding. It's happened more than once, I have to reboot the computer and relog onto the session.

submitted by /u/Jacmac_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Jacmac_, Mar 15, 2024

2. Windows 11 insider builds green/blue screens when I am on a Citrix session with zoom video

Windows 11 insider builds green/blue screens when I am on a Citrix session with zoom video. I updated to the latest NVIDIA drivers, zoom install, zoom Citrix HDX, and it's still green screens. So I wouldn't green screen anymore I removed the Citrix HDX from my local workstation.

I can talk via zoom but I can't share any video.

Lenovo p520p

64 gb of RAM

6200 quadro nividia card

1tb disk space

Matched zoom HDX to my remote sessions zoom. 5.14.

0 on both ends. Tried to install the latest zoom. Didn't help. When I downgrade zoom HDX. It's wants to auto upgrade. Removed auto upgrade from add /remove.

Thanks

frankiebgood2002, Mar 15, 2024
  3. Shutdown or Log off in a Citrix Windows 10 VDI session

Hi Community gurus,

Hoping you could advise. During the outbreak, most of my teams are working from home and being offered a Windows 10 VDI remote login on Citrix server. In my organisation, there is a token limit and therefore we are not allowed to stay in the session
    for too long but only carry out time card logging routine which takes about 5 - 10 minutes depending on individual operations. People who have logged in for prolong period get reported to their mangers who then advise to shorten the session as much as they
    can.

Some of them did get reported but mainly was because they did not disconnect the session properly, and still wondered how to disconnect the session properly without occupying the server resources.

Luckily I have never been in the list, and helped myself a quick short which runs "shutdown.exe -s -f -t 0".

This has run perfectly and my Manger did notice I was never in the reporting list and wondered how I did it.

Therefore I shared with my team with this quick shortcut, however, one of my seniors suggested that it's betters to use shutdown.exe -l -f 0

To me, his advice was to log off the session, instead of shutting down, but I wondered that in a shared virtual machine session(s), is there really difference on log off and shutdown as the shutdown command does not appear to shut the server down, but disconnecting
    my session so that others have more resources when needed.

Would any one be able to advise?

Thank you in advance.

George S Chen, Mar 15, 2024
  4. Jane_Ward Win User

Sticky keys on Windows 11 through Citrix remote sessions is a complete disaster.

Remote Desktop Connection stuck on "configuring remote session" on Windows 11 only

Hi,

I'm having an issue where Remote Desktop Connection is stuck on the message "Configuring remote session."

I have not had this issue with this remote desktop on Windows 10 or running Microsoft Remote Desktop on MacOS, so I'm not sure what the issue in Windows 11 could be. I tried to open this same desktop using Microsoft Remote Desktop, but am kicked out with an error saying that I have initiated a remote connection elsewhere (even though this is not the case).

My IT department seems to suggest that RDC just won't work with Windows 11, but I have a hard time believing that is the case since Remote Desktop Connection was preinstalled on this system. Thanks in advance for any potential solutions.

Jane_Ward, Mar 15, 2024
Thema:

Sticky keys on Windows 11 through Citrix remote sessions is a complete disaster.

1. Sticky keys on Windows 11 through Citrix remote sessions is a complete disaster. - Similar Threads - Sticky keys through

2. Windows recovery Is key disaster

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows recovery Is key disaster: So I recently had to reinstall windows on my second laptop because of the new recovery key blue screenSo I recently had to reinstall windows on my second laptop because of the new recovery key blue screen.Now I have 2 laptops and both of them. Are devices on my microsoft...
  3. Windows recovery Is key disaster

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows recovery Is key disaster: So I recently had to reinstall windows on my second laptop because of the new recovery key blue screenSo I recently had to reinstall windows on my second laptop because of the new recovery key blue screen.Now I have 2 laptops and both of them. Are devices on my microsoft...
  4. Windows recovery Is key disaster

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 disaster.

Windows 11 disaster.: I purchased my first PC in 1975. Made by Texas Instruments. It was dos base system that operated on a caste tape drive. I have had a personal PC ever since. Windows 10 was a good operating system. not great yet good. After a Dell tech totally screwed up my windows 10 PC I...
  6. Windows 11 disaster.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 disaster.: I purchased my first PC in 1975. Made by Texas Instruments. It was dos base system that operated on a caste tape drive. I have had a personal PC ever since. Windows 10 was a good operating system. not great yet good. After a Dell tech totally screwed up my windows 10 PC I...
  7. Printers not being redirected through remote desktop sessions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printers not being redirected through remote desktop sessions: Hello.My team is making some changes on the server infrastructure and we are going through a real pain trying to redirect printers.We have an old server which is working fine and redirecting the printers without any problem.We copied the same settings but in Windows Server...
  8. Printers not being redirected through remote desktop sessions

Printers not being redirected through remote desktop sessions: Hello.My team is making some changes on the server infrastructure and we are going through a real pain trying to redirect printers.We have an old server which is working fine and redirecting the printers without any problem.We copied the same settings but in Windows Server...
  9. Shutdown or Log off in a Citrix Windows 10 VDI session

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown or Log off in a Citrix Windows 10 VDI session: Hi Community gurus, Hoping you could advise. During the outbreak, most of my teams are working from home and being offered a Windows 10 VDI remote login on Citrix server. In my organisation, there is a token limit and therefore we are not allowed to stay in the session...
  10. Connecting to remote desktop with Citrix

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Connecting to remote desktop with Citrix: Having trouble on this laptop connecting to a remote desktop for work. I can't seem to launch the ICA file. I have tried installing and re-installing, opening the ICA file with citrix and internet explorer but nothing seems to work....