Windows 10: Sticky Keys Problem with build 17134.288

Discus and support Sticky Keys Problem with build 17134.288 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Sticky Keys works with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. The way it works is: You hit the Shift Key 5 times. A prompt comes up that asks you if want Sticky... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by doncole, Sep 14, 2018.

1. doncole Win User

Sticky Keys Problem with build 17134.288

Sticky Keys works with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.
    The way it works is:
    You hit the Shift Key 5 times. A prompt comes up that asks you if want Sticky Keys or not. You click yes.

Sticky Keys now how has kicked in. If you hit a Sticky Key (Ctl, Shift, Alt or Win key) a beep sounds.
    For example if you hit the Shift Key (let's call this point A)
    and hear the beep (let's call this point B).
    and hit the i key. It will type I.

This very handy for people who can only type with one hand. Such as me.

This beep is very important because sometimes things get messed up in there.
    So instead of a beep you get a blurp.
    To fix it you must hit the Shift Key 5 times again.

If you go ahead and type without listening to the beep and you get blurp instead. It will type an i instead of a I.

With Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 the distance between A and B is instantaneous. With Windows 10 Build 10586. the delay was a 10th of seconds. With upgrade to Build 17434 it now takes over a half second. this may not seem like a lot but when you type Ctl+a, Ctl+c, Ctl+v (which I do a lot) and just normal typing, I waste a lot of time waiting for beeps.

I thought I had these upgrades under control but somehow they snuck one in on me. I didn't make Macrium Reflect USB yet.

Is there a way I can go back to 10584. I was perfectly happy with that.

I have another computer with 10584 installed on it.
    Can I transfer it to this computer.

If not can I fix 17434 to shorten the A-B delay?

Don Cole

:)

doncole, Sep 14, 2018
  2. Anne Ros Win User

sticky keys

Hi,

Sticky keys dialog box appears when you have press the Shift key five times continuously. It also lets you use the Shift, Ctrl, ALT, or Windows Logo keys by pressing one key at a time. You can set up Sticky Keys from the Ease of Access Center on the Control
    Panel. Follow the steps below:

• Press the Shift key five times.
    • Once the dialog box appear, click the Go to the Ease of Access Center to disable keyboard shortcut link.
    • It will open the Set up Sticky Notes window in the Control Panel.
    • Uncheck Turn on Sticky Keys when SHIFT is pressed five times option.
    • You can also set the settings to your desired option.

After doing so, check if the same pop-up will appear while playing the game.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Sticky keys

Thank you for the information,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by some community members on this

link

Hope it works. Let us know how it goes.

Remon Ont, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Sticky keys turning on after my computer sleeps

Hi,

Sticky Keys is a Windows Ease of Access feature that makes it possible to use keyboard shortcuts or type capital letters without needing to press more than one key at once. Since the sticky keys still turning back on when the Shift key is pressed 5 times, you
    can disable it by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type "Turn on easy access keys".
    • Press the Enter key.
    • Click Set up Sticky Keys.
    • Uncheck Turn on Sticky Keys when SHIFT is pressed five times.
    • Click Apply.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Sticky Keys Problem with build 17134.288 - Similar Threads - Sticky Keys Problem

2. Sticky Keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky Keys: I spilled apple juice on my laptop, and it went underneath the spacebar, so now when I press it, it is sticky. What do I do? Where do I bring my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-keys/2520ec5f-09dc-4e4a-8a7a-ea63b12d518d
  3. sticky key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sticky key: hello when i turn on sticky keys it turns off why and whats the solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-key/5bbe7aa9-6874-438a-856d-2d4a7afad5fa
  4. 288

in Windows 10 Gaming
    288: 3299682 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/288/82d00d1b-b232-4630-a365-d91c4c09beb3
  5. 288

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    288: 3299682 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/288/82d00d1b-b232-4630-a365-d91c4c09beb3
  6. how to get product key of WINDOWS 10 BUILD 17134

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to get product key of WINDOWS 10 BUILD 17134: HI,I want to get product key of WINDOWS 10 BUILD 17134,help meregardsmathew https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-product-key-of-windows-10-build-17134/cc74d3f7-9f30-4a85-b8af-bc68205e8b3c
  7. Sticky keys?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sticky keys?: Hi there, i have recently started having issues with my pc, first it'll start by adding dashes every so often in my sentences. So for example: i n-eed- help---------------ple-ase then some of the time my keys will stop working, so if i try to click w then it won't go and...
  8. Problem Booting from USB in Win10 v1803 Build 17134

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem Booting from USB in Win10 v1803 Build 17134: I maintain a rescue boot USB for the usual reasons. However I note that my old Dell XPS 8300 no longer shows the boot screen when it is booting so I can't press the F-key necessary to go to the boot menu to change the boot order or do a one-time boot from USB. All I get when...
  9. Wifi Issue in Windows 10 build 17134

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Issue in Windows 10 build 17134: Hi guys, i am facing one issue in windows 10 build 17134, when i shift from one SSID to another, network adaptor automatic disconnect from wifi signal. even not wifi search window shows. i have to restart to connect to another ssid. same windows 10 with different build...
  10. Home networking on Windows 10 build 17134

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Home networking on Windows 10 build 17134: Working on a client's home network, noticed one version of Windows 10 has a Homegroup option, the other does not. So got home, checked my computer, no option. How do I network the two computers? The one with the Homegroup option does not see the one without it, but I was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. build 17134 sticky notes 7