Windows 10: Sticky Notes. After a reset I can't import my notes.

Discus and support Sticky Notes. After a reset I can't import my notes. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After a Sticky Notes upgrade two weeks ago, my Sticky Notes files did not continue to load on startup as I had previously configured. They appeared in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HikerDude48, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Sticky Notes. After a reset I can't import my notes.

After a Sticky Notes upgrade two weeks ago, my Sticky Notes files did not continue to load on startup as I had previously configured. They appeared in the task bar as closed windows and I had to open them every startup (four of them). When trying to re-configure to get my preference, I mistakenly used Reset (which said my documents would not be affected). On opening Sticky Notes after the reset, it was at a fresh start and my traditional notes did not load.

Note that I had previously configured my Sticky Notes files to be kept in my Documents folder. I tried to move/copy them to the Packages folder in AppData, following the advice to have Sticky Notes closed before doing so. It didn't help. I've tried various things, including opening the sqlite file in a database editor but have got nowhere. I tried uninstalling Sticky Notes and re-installing. No help. I tried System Restore to the earliest point in storage. No help.

I hope someone out there can guide me to restoration. Even if I just get the text back, that would be fantastic.

:)

HikerDude48, Aug 20, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

sticky notes

Hello,

Sticky notes may have encountered a system file corruption that caused this. We suggest that you run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    for this issue. Meanwhile, we also recommend that you reset your Sticky Notes app by following the steps below:

• Click the Windows icon and click Settings.
    • Click System, and then click Apps & features on the left menu.
    • Click on Sticky Notes on the list found on your right menu, click
      Advanced options link, and click the Reset button.
    • Click the Reset button again when you see the confirmation dialog to reset Sticky Notes app.
    • Close the Settings window and check your Sticky Notes app.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Aug 20, 2019
  3. the sticky note application.

Hi,

Sticky Notes is one of the default programs for Windows 10. Type Sticky Notes in the search box, then press enter. If you are encountering an error opening Sticky Notes, we recommend resetting the application. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Apps, then Apps & features in the left pane.
    • Locate Sticky Notes, then click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Aug 20, 2019
  4. Sticky Notes. After a reset I can't import my notes.

Sticky notes

Hi Idalee,

Yes, there is a possibility that the recent update may have disabled or corrupted the apps. For us to isolate this problem, we suggest repairing or resetting Sticky Notes on your PC. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and click Apps.
    • On the Apps & features tab, locate the name of the missing app.
    • Click the app and select Advanced options, then click Repair.
    • If the Repair option is not available or does not resolve the issue, you may also try the
      Reset option. However, it's more likely that you will lose any app data that was saved.
    • Once the repair or reset is completed, Sticky Notes should now reappear in the app list.
    • You may now pin it to the Start Menu.

Update us with the outcome.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

Sticky Notes. After a reset I can't import my notes.

1. Sticky Notes. After a reset I can't import my notes. - Similar Threads - Sticky Notes reset

2. Sticky Notes Note Updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky Notes Note Updating: I had to recently get a new computer for work that could support Windows 11 due to more of the companies software we use updating to Windows 11. I have attempted to open up sticky notes multiple times, but everytime I have opened up sticky notes, it get's stuck on a window...
  3. Sticky Notes Note Updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Notes Note Updating: I had to recently get a new computer for work that could support Windows 11 due to more of the companies software we use updating to Windows 11. I have attempted to open up sticky notes multiple times, but everytime I have opened up sticky notes, it get's stuck on a window...
  4. Sticky notes list of notes can't resize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky notes list of notes can't resize: I have the French version of Sticky notes. There's an option called LISTE DE NOTES which contains all the notes I've created. For some reason it's maximized to take over the entire screen and I can't find any option to resize it. Where is it? Or how do I resize the list?...
  5. Sticky Note "Notes List"

Sticky Note "Notes List": I opened up my computer after a recent software update and now the sticky note "notes list" is a blank, white, note. I have rebooted my computer multiple times. The notes I had open the day of the update are on my computer and still open. Any closed notes are now in this...
  6. Sticky notes lost after reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sticky notes lost after reset: My sticky notes stopped working. I went to the app settings and chose to reset the app because it specifically stated that the “documents will jot be affected” when I hovered over the reset button. Why has it deleted all my stuff? No, I didn’t recently update my laptop...
  7. Sticky Note

Sticky Note: Hi! After Windows update I can't open Sticky Note App. It shows that i'ts loading, but then disapear. I have there infomation that i really need and i understand that I can't use App reset option....
  8. Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sticky Notes: Hi! I have Windows 10. How do I turn off the hyperlinks on my Sticky Notes? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes/651eb2ef-de96-4508-8bcc-5e7df8412514
  9. Sticky Notes- can't create notes

Sticky Notes- can't create notes: When I open the Sticky Notes application I can open the sticky note list, but cannot create any notes. I have terminated the program in settings and re-opened, reset the application in the settings, removed and re-downloaded the application from the app store, and reset the...
  10. Sticky Notes - Saving the notes?

Sticky Notes - Saving the notes?: I've taken to using Sticky Notes recently and love them, but today I've had them crash on me for the first time and I lost some of the notes. I'm wondering, is there some kind of modified version or something that would allow saving the notes? I don't mean saving them...