Windows 10: Sticky Notes always 'require attention' flashing when first logon (Win 10 1903 update)

Discus and support Sticky Notes always 'require attention' flashing when first logon (Win 10 1903 update) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, After updating Win 10 to 1903 and getting the latest version of Sticky Notes with that update (version 3.7.71.0), Sticky Notes will always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jparis, Nov 7, 2019.

1. jparis Win User

Sticky Notes always 'require attention' flashing when first logon (Win 10 1903 update)

Hello,

After updating Win 10 to 1903 and getting the latest version of Sticky Notes with that update (version 3.7.71.0), Sticky Notes will always 'blink' golden-orange in the taskbar whenever I first login to my account.

The only way to stop the Sticky Note icon from blinking it to click each note individually and 'acknowledge' that I have seen it.

However, if I leave the sticky notes open on my desktop, and then restart my computer (or logout and log back in to my account), it again flashes in my taskbar and I have to click each one to get it to stop.

I did a test with another laptop I had with and older version of Win 10 (1803) and older version of Sticky Notes (v 2.xx > can't remember the exact version). This version does not do the 'attention required' flashing when I log in. My desktop will load, the sticky notes will load, and that is it.

However, I then updated this laptop to 1903, which also updated Sticky Notes to the current version. At that point, it started doing the taskbar flashing like my other updated machine.

I have tried multiple options to stop this behavior, including:

1. Reset the app in Windows Settings

2. Uninstall the app in Windows Settings (this caused Sticky Notes to be gone. However, upon a full reboot, it was back)

3. Changing the values in the Registry for ForegroundFlashCount and ForegroundLockTimeout to 0 (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop) > this resulted in the Sticky Notes taskbar icon to NEVER stop flashing > before that it would flash and then eventually stay a solid golden-orange color until I clicked each note individually.

I know this is a minor issue, but it is really annoying. I don't need my task bar to let me know I have sticky notes on my screen. I can see them already. And having to click EACH sticky note during each logon to stop the 'attention required' blink on my task bar is frustrating.

The only way I can prevent this action is to close all my stick notes entirely. But that defeats the purpose of leaving the stick notes there in the first place.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Has anyone found a way stop or prevent this action? To be clear, I don't want my taskbar icons to never blink. When I get a new email in Outlook, or my messaging program has a new message, I like the taskbar icon to blink to let me know there is something new I need to see. However, Sticky Notes ALWAYS blinking on each logon if there are any notes still open, and only stopping if I click each note individually is unnecessary, especially when the previous version of the app didn't do that.

Any help would be appreciated. I have also attached a screenshot of what I am talking about when I logon to my account.

Thanks!

Sticky Notes always 'require attention' flashing when first logon (Win 10 1903 update) 353071c2-761f-49a7-9602-91e40ea850ee?upload=true.png

:)

jparis, Nov 7, 2019
  2. Rbrt2B Win User

Win 10 1903 Sticky Notes

Just updated to Win 10 1903 . Sticky Notes now automatically resizes all notes so all fit simultaneously across the display screen. My 15 notes are now impossible to read. Attempts to resize or move any single note is not possible. Further, none of the menu
    items for Sticky Notes work. What is the fix?

Rbrt2B, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Sticky Note Missing

Hi KeithRawlings,

I'm Charles, an Independent advisor trying to help.

Let's see if with the following steps we can solve the problem:

1.- Open >> Sticky notes, when located on the taskbar (Right click on the option) >> Select: List of Notes, now check if your note is in that list.

2.- Follow the steps suggested by the Windows MVP in your article

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-sticky-notes-lost...

I hope the steps work for you

Attentive to any comments

Have a happy day

Best Regards,

Charles.

CharlesJones32, Nov 7, 2019
  4. Sticky Notes always 'require attention' flashing when first logon (Win 10 1903 update)

Win 10 v1709 update and missing Sticky Notes

Hi,

There is a possibility that the Sticky Notes were unexpectedly deleted on your desktop due to some errors while the update is being installed. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need to know which build and edition of Windows 10 is currently
    installed on your PC.

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest recovering the lost Sticky Notes by following these steps:

• Open the File Explorer.
    • Type %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Sticky Notes\StickyNotes.snt in the address bar and then hit the Enter key.
    • Look for StickyNotes.snt file and then open it with Notepad or Microsoft Word.
    • Look for the missing notes in .snt file, copy and paste it into a new Sticky Notes.

To avoid issues with missing Sticky Notes, it will be best to back them up. You can follow the steps provided by
    Jennifer Bri in this thread. It serves as a guide on how to back up and restore
    Sticky notes in Windows 10.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Darleen Pen, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

Sticky Notes always 'require attention' flashing when first logon (Win 10 1903 update)

1. Sticky Notes always 'require attention' flashing when first logon (Win 10 1903 update) - Similar Threads - Sticky Notes always

2. Sticky Notes Note Updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky Notes Note Updating: I had to recently get a new computer for work that could support Windows 11 due to more of the companies software we use updating to Windows 11. I have attempted to open up sticky notes multiple times, but everytime I have opened up sticky notes, it get's stuck on a window...
  3. Sticky Notes always 'require attention' flashing when first logon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Notes always 'require attention' flashing when first logon: The only way to stop the Sticky Note icon from blinking it to click each note individually and 'acknowledge' that I have seen it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes-always-require-attention-flashing/955dfa66-04f6-477d-b5fc-3b9d757970f2
  4. Microsoft Sticky Notes for Win 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Sticky Notes for Win 10: Microsoft Sticky Notes program launches but does not run correctly. I cannot access setting or any previous notes and this happened just out of the blue. I have reset, deleted and re-installed numerous times but the problem persists. Help!...
  5. Sticky Notes always loads with all notes highlighted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sticky Notes always loads with all notes highlighted: Hi all. I find Sticky Notes very useful but at the moment it's driving me nuts. Each time it loads when I boot my PC, every note I have loaded is highlighted and glowing orange. This means that the taskbar is prevented from autohiding until I've clicked every note, all of...
  6. Sticky Notes not working after update to Windows 10 1903

Sticky Notes not working after update to Windows 10 1903: After updating to Windows 10 1903, Sticky Notes will not open . I have uninstalled and reinstalled program, reset it after installation and there has been no change. In app settings , Specifications , it shows Version 3.6.75.0 but for the app it also shows 0 bytes and for...
  7. 1903 and Sticky Notes

1903 and Sticky Notes: After installing 1903, my Sticky Notes do not appear after shutting down and booting up again. Out of eight sticky notes sometimes only 2 or 3 remain after shutting down/rebooting....
  8. Win 10 1903 Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 1903 Sticky Notes: Just updated to Win 10 1903 . Sticky Notes now automatically resizes all notes so all fit simultaneously across the display screen. My 15 notes are now impossible to read. Attempts to resize or move any single note is not possible. Further, none of the menu items for Sticky...
  9. MS Sticky Notes on Win 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS Sticky Notes on Win 10: MS Sticky notes on Windows 10 only appears with black page. Doesn't it come in colors? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-sticky-notes-on-win-10/72c10ba0-09b2-4cce-b576-39617b3d8b32"
  10. Sticky Note On Win 10 Crash after Update

Sticky Note On Win 10 Crash after Update: Dear Admin, Please help how to Resolve Sticky notes, after Update Windows totally not working.. regrds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/sticky-note-on-win-10-crash-after-update/954e5461-db7f-4c6b-b3e1-8802a1bdd742