Windows 10: Sticky Notes App disappeared

Discus and support Sticky Notes App disappeared in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My sticky notes app has gone missing entirely. It was working fine across two computers just last week, now it won't load on my laptop.When I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ejbSF, Jun 16, 2021.

1. ejbSF Win User

Sticky Notes App disappeared

My sticky notes app has gone missing entirely. It was working fine across two computers just last week, now it won't load on my laptop.When I try to find it in the roaming folder mentioned above there is no ..\StickyNotes folder. It is also missing from the start menu.When I search for it nothing is found.When I try to download it from the app store, it tells me it is already installed on the computer and offers a launch button. If I click Launch, a tiny CMD box opens for a second then closes, but no sticky notes.I've rebooted several times, no luck.Running Windows 10 Pro, all up to date as of

:)

ejbSF, Jun 16, 2021
  2. Rick2021 Win User

Sticky Notes

Hi there,

I can understand the frustration - let's see if we can fix this for you!

Let's try a couple of steps:

Step 1: Recover Missing Sticky Notes from the File Location

When you accidentally delete a sticky note, the app data is still there. We can restore deleted sticky notes from a StickyNotes.snt file.

Open File Explorer on Windows, navigate to C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes.

Find and right click on StickyNotes.snt file.

Select Restore Previous Versions.

Step 2: Recover Closed Sticky Notes from All Notes.

Open Sticky Notes app.

Right click on Sticky Notes app on Task bar, then choose All notes.

A full list of notes will appear, including the one that you closed.

Double click the note that you want to recover, then it will display as a standalone note like all regular ones.

The above was copied verbatim from this link:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Rick2021, Jun 16, 2021
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    sticky notes

Hello,

Sticky notes may have encountered a system file corruption that caused this. We suggest that you run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    for this issue. Meanwhile, we also recommend that you reset your Sticky Notes app by following the steps below:

• Click the Windows icon and click Settings.
    • Click System, and then click Apps & features on the left menu.
    • Click on Sticky Notes on the list found on your right menu, click
      Advanced options link, and click the Reset button.
    • Click the Reset button again when you see the confirmation dialog to reset Sticky Notes app.
    • Close the Settings window and check your Sticky Notes app.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Jun 16, 2021
  4. Sticky Notes App disappeared

Sticky Note Missing

Hi KeithRawlings,

I'm Charles, an Independent advisor trying to help.

Let's see if with the following steps we can solve the problem:

1.- Open >> Sticky notes, when located on the taskbar (Right click on the option) >> Select: List of Notes, now check if your note is in that list.

2.- Follow the steps suggested by the Windows MVP in your article

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-sticky-notes-lost...

I hope the steps work for you

Attentive to any comments

Have a happy day

Best Regards,

Charles.

CharlesJones32, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

Sticky Notes App disappeared

1. Sticky Notes App disappeared - Similar Threads - Sticky Notes App

2. Sticky notes disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sticky notes disappeared: After I ended the sticky notes process and I restarted, all of my sticky notes disappeared from my notes list. I restarted again and two of my notes reappeared. Why might only two of my notes have reappeared I had several and how can I make all of them come back? I did find...
  3. sticky notes app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sticky notes app: after windows update, sticky notes app does not load/open. Is there another location I can retrieve my information!?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes-app/df26ad92-9656-44c6-a045-ee8fab63c0e6
  4. Sticky Notes have disappeared

Sticky Notes have disappeared: So, I recently got some Microsoft updates. And now all the notes I kept in Sticky Notes have disappeared. I found one StickyNotes.snt file but it had just 4kb of data. I had more than 10 open sticky notes with lots of important data. I don't know what to do now....
  5. Sticky notes disappear from desktop

Sticky notes disappear from desktop: After getting the recent Windows 10 update, when I turn off and later turn on my computer I find that one or more of the sticky notes on my desktop (including those with writing and typed information) disappear, seemingly deleting themselves. Is this a known problem, and how...
  6. sticky notes disappeared

sticky notes disappeared: Half of my sticky notes are missing. Just the other day-they were all present. How do I retrieve the other notes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes-disappeared/21f2108b-540f-4ab3-98fc-155e256d6de8"
  7. Sticky Notes Disappeared. Just Like That.

Sticky Notes Disappeared. Just Like That.: Hey, I turned on my laptop and my Sticky Notes disappeared. Just like that. Gone. The Search function finds it but it's not clickable, it doesn't react. I searched the forum where I found that I need to restore from this path:...
  8. Sticky Notes Disappearing

Sticky Notes Disappearing: Sometimes sticky notes disappear for no apparent reason. I thought I had lost all my sticky note data with the latest update, however, I found that by clicking settings in the sticky note window, I was able to load the data from the Microsoft cloud (had to log in first). It...
  9. Sticky notes app

Sticky notes app: I hate the new look (dark gray notes with a post-it-note colored title bar). Give me back my pink, green, and yellow notes! It needs tab stops so I can make columnated lists It needs to be able to change fonts or at least support fixed pitch fonts. (Yes, I know you can...
  10. Sticky Notes App

Sticky Notes App: The recent update of Sticky Notes has been very useful. Since I am a frequent user of this app, I would appreciate if more features could be added to it. 1) Adding colours to the text typed. 2) Increase or decrease of the size of fonts used. 3) Option to select a font...