Windows 10: STICKY NOTES APP Missing for singular AD user; Can't Reset/install/uninstall

Discus and support STICKY NOTES APP Missing for singular AD user; Can't Reset/install/uninstall in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've managed to break sticky notes while attempting to migrate old notes from windows 7 to windows 10. Sticky notes works fine for all users on this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bghTech, Mar 15, 2019.

1. bghTech Win User

STICKY NOTES APP Missing for singular AD user; Can't Reset/install/uninstall

I've managed to break sticky notes while attempting to migrate old notes from windows 7 to windows 10.

Sticky notes works fine for all users on this computer except one.

For this user the program is not available through the windows accessories.

If I try to install it from the windows store the install will never finish.

If I try to reset it in the windows apps and features it does not exist.

If I try and remove it using an elevated powershell the package removal command will hang indefinitely.

The command looks as follows: Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes | Remove-AppxPackage

I'm a bit at my wits end thinking I might just reimage the whole system, though that would involve a lot of initial user setup

for this particular system.

:)

bghTech, Mar 15, 2019

2. Background colour setting missing from Windows Sticky-Notes

My first suggestion was indeed an attempt to use the "Reset" feature built in to try and resolve the issue. However, you may have actually reinstall sticky notes itself.

You may view the method here, which is what I listed above.

Anthony D., Mar 15, 2019
  3. Sticky notes

Hi Idalee,

Yes, there is a possibility that the recent update may have disabled or corrupted the apps. For us to isolate this problem, we suggest repairing or resetting Sticky Notes on your PC. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and click Apps.
    • On the Apps & features tab, locate the name of the missing app.
    • Click the app and select Advanced options, then click Repair.
    • If the Repair option is not available or does not resolve the issue, you may also try the
      Reset option. However, it's more likely that you will lose any app data that was saved.
    • Once the repair or reset is completed, Sticky Notes should now reappear in the app list.
    • You may now pin it to the Start Menu.

Update us with the outcome.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

sticky notes

Hello,

Sticky notes may have encountered a system file corruption that caused this. We suggest that you run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    for this issue. Meanwhile, we also recommend that you reset your Sticky Notes app by following the steps below:

• Click the Windows icon and click Settings.
    • Click System, and then click Apps & features on the left menu.
    • Click on Sticky Notes on the list found on your right menu, click
      Advanced options link, and click the Reset button.
    • Click the Reset button again when you see the confirmation dialog to reset Sticky Notes app.
    • Close the Settings window and check your Sticky Notes app.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

1. STICKY NOTES APP Missing for singular AD user; Can't Reset/install/uninstall - Similar Threads - STICKY NOTES APP

2. Missing Sticky Notes?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing Sticky Notes?: My work pc updated the sticky notes program, and all of my previous notes have now disappeared. The new program allows syncing between computers using a Microsoft account which is cool, but I’m missing a lot of information that I used to have saved. Is there a way to retrieve...
  3. Sticky Note Missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sticky Note Missing: After the latest update, I find just one of my sticky notes is missing. It so happens to be the largest most important one. The others are there ok. I navigated to the Sticky Notes file and right clicked it to restore but was told there was nothing available. I opened the...
  4. sticky notes app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sticky notes app: after windows update, sticky notes app does not load/open. Is there another location I can retrieve my information!?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes-app/df26ad92-9656-44c6-a045-ee8fab63c0e6
  5. Sticky Notes. After a reset I can't import my notes.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sticky Notes. After a reset I can't import my notes.: After a Sticky Notes upgrade two weeks ago, my Sticky Notes files did not continue to load on startup as I had previously configured. They appeared in the task bar as closed windows and I had to open them every startup (four of them). When trying to re-configure to get my...
  6. Sticky Notes- can't create notes

Sticky Notes- can't create notes: When I open the Sticky Notes application I can open the sticky note list, but cannot create any notes. I have terminated the program in settings and re-opened, reset the application in the settings, removed and re-downloaded the application from the app store, and reset the...
  7. Sticky notes app

Sticky notes app: I hate the new look (dark gray notes with a post-it-note colored title bar). Give me back my pink, green, and yellow notes! It needs tab stops so I can make columnated lists It needs to be able to change fonts or at least support fixed pitch fonts. (Yes, I know you can...
  8. sticky notes. this app can't open.

sticky notes. this app can't open.: I'm having trouble opening the Sticky Notes App. I get a message 'Check the Windows Store for more info about Sticky Notes.' When I go there it has no further information. I have notes that I need to access and I cant open the app. Any help much appreciated. Thanks...
  9. Sticky Notes App

Sticky Notes App: The recent update of Sticky Notes has been very useful. Since I am a frequent user of this app, I would appreciate if more features could be added to it. 1) Adding colours to the text typed. 2) Increase or decrease of the size of fonts used. 3) Option to select a font...
  10. STICKY NOTES APP STOPPED WORKING; CANNOT UNINSTALL

STICKY NOTES APP STOPPED WORKING; CANNOT UNINSTALL: Not sure why but Sticky Notes stopped working. Will not open on taskbar; icon pops up on taskbar then vanishes. Went to apps & right-clicked. Tried to Repair and Reset. Neither worked. Can't uninstall because that button won't work & won't allow me to click on it! How the...