Windows 10: Sticky Notes app problems

Discus and support Sticky Notes app problems in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows appears to have automatically "updated" my Sticky Notes app to version 3.7.71.0, and it's a huge pain. It doesn't remember the location,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nrubliw, Oct 17, 2019.

1. nrubliw Win User

Sticky Notes app problems

Windows appears to have automatically "updated" my Sticky Notes app to version 3.7.71.0, and it's a huge pain. It doesn't remember the location, position and expanded size of any of the notes after startup. You can't hide the app with a clik anymore, you must individually minimize each open note. I use Sticky Notes for a lot of day to day info accessibility for my business, and now instead of being a convenience, it's a time-suck headache. Any way to go back to a previous Rev.?

:)

nrubliw, Oct 17, 2019

2. Sticky Note Missing

Hi KeithRawlings,

I'm Charles, an Independent advisor trying to help.

Let's see if with the following steps we can solve the problem:

1.- Open >> Sticky notes, when located on the taskbar (Right click on the option) >> Select: List of Notes, now check if your note is in that list.

2.- Follow the steps suggested by the Windows MVP in your article

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-sticky-notes-lost...

I hope the steps work for you

Attentive to any comments

Have a happy day

Best Regards,

Charles.

CharlesJones32, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    sticky notes

Hello,

Sticky notes may have encountered a system file corruption that caused this. We suggest that you run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    for this issue. Meanwhile, we also recommend that you reset your Sticky Notes app by following the steps below:

• Click the Windows icon and click Settings.
    • Click System, and then click Apps & features on the left menu.
    • Click on Sticky Notes on the list found on your right menu, click
      Advanced options link, and click the Reset button.
    • Click the Reset button again when you see the confirmation dialog to reset Sticky Notes app.
    • Close the Settings window and check your Sticky Notes app.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Oct 17, 2019
  4. Sticky Notes app problems

Sticky notes

Hi Idalee,

Yes, there is a possibility that the recent update may have disabled or corrupted the apps. For us to isolate this problem, we suggest repairing or resetting Sticky Notes on your PC. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and click Apps.
    • On the Apps & features tab, locate the name of the missing app.
    • Click the app and select Advanced options, then click Repair.
    • If the Repair option is not available or does not resolve the issue, you may also try the
      Reset option. However, it's more likely that you will lose any app data that was saved.
    • Once the repair or reset is completed, Sticky Notes should now reappear in the app list.
    • You may now pin it to the Start Menu.

Update us with the outcome.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

Sticky Notes app problems

1. Sticky Notes app problems - Similar Threads - Sticky Notes app

2. Sticky Notes App disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sticky Notes App disappeared: My sticky notes app has gone missing entirely. It was working fine across two computers just last week, now it won't load on my laptop.When I try to find it in the roaming folder mentioned above there is no ..\StickyNotes folder. It is also missing from the start menu.When I...
  3. Problems about sticky note in OneNote app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems about sticky note in OneNote app: I use Microsoft ‘one note’ app on iPad. The sticky note doesn’t work properly. It sometimes fixes. Please improve it. I cannot add anything in my previous sticky note....
  4. Problem with Sticky Notes app

Problem with Sticky Notes app: Hi people. I have a problem. My sticky notes not working. I already reset the app. But, it enters my account, and when it opens it looks like this. All white. I already removed it through powershell and reinstalled and it doesn't work. [ATTACH]...
  5. Sticky Notes List Problem

Sticky Notes List Problem: My sticky notes window suddenly started looking like this. No more minimize button and a big gap of nothing on the side....Why? How do I fix it? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes-list-problem/7ae8cc87-b000-4cc3-aee8-05c611321b52
  6. sticky notes app

sticky notes app: after windows update, sticky notes app does not load/open. Is there another location I can retrieve my information!?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes-app/df26ad92-9656-44c6-a045-ee8fab63c0e6
  7. Problem with Sticky Notes app

Problem with Sticky Notes app: Hello! I have a problem with Sticky Notes app on Windows 10. Before 1903 update everything was OK, but after this all my notes open in different windows. How can I fix it to open all notes in a single window?...
  8. Sticky notes app

Sticky notes app: I hate the new look (dark gray notes with a post-it-note colored title bar). Give me back my pink, green, and yellow notes! It needs tab stops so I can make columnated lists It needs to be able to change fonts or at least support fixed pitch fonts. (Yes, I know you can...
  9. Sticky Notes Problem

Sticky Notes Problem: The Sticky Notes app is being very frustrating. I can open up the main menu of the sticky notes app (seen in the picture), but the individual notes will not open up - meaning I can't view the whole notes and I can't edit them. Even when right clicking and clicking 'open...
  10. Sticky Notes App

Sticky Notes App: The recent update of Sticky Notes has been very useful. Since I am a frequent user of this app, I would appreciate if more features could be added to it. 1) Adding colours to the text typed. 2) Increase or decrease of the size of fonts used. 3) Option to select a font...