Windows 10: Sticky Notes backup/restore

Discus and support Sticky Notes backup/restore in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi. Has anyone been backing up and restoring Sticky Notes moder app from Windows 10 1709 to Windows 10 1809? Sticky Notes from version 2.1.18.0 to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Karel S, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Karel S Win User

Sticky Notes backup/restore

Hi. Has anyone been backing up and restoring Sticky Notes moder app from Windows 10 1709 to Windows 10 1809? Sticky Notes from version 2.1.18.0 to Sticky Notes version 3.1.46.0. I am unable to restore data. Copy whole Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState and Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Settings or even only Plum.sqlite file is not working. THX for help.

:)

Karel S, Dec 13, 2018

2. Sticky Notes Backup / Restore

Hello,

To back up and restore notes from Sticky Notes app in Windows 10, we'll have to specify which version of Windows are you using. Here's a simple guide on how to check the build and version of your PC:

• Press the Windows button + R.
    • Type winver.

Once we're able to determine your PC's build and version, follow the steps below to locate the storage files of Sticky Notes and create a backup:

• Open File Explorer, click the View tab.
    • Select Show/hide option then check the Hidden items box.
    • To find the Sticky Notes storage folder, copy and paste the location below into your File Explorer's address bar.
      username is the name of your actual user account.
    • For build 1607 or later: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Package\Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes_8wekyb3d8bbwe\
    From there, you can copy everything and paste it to the backup folder.

• For anything lower than build 1607: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes\
    You will only see a single file: StickyNotes.snt. You can copy and paste it to the backup folder.

To restore the files to Sticky Notes, make sure the Sticky Notes app is closed. Locate the same folder we pointed you to above and copy all your backed up files there, overwriting whatever’s there currently. When you launch Sticky Notes again, the notes
    you backed up previously should pop up.

Please be reminded that notes in the desktop and Store app versions of Sticky Notes aren’t compatible. You won’t be able to copy notes from a PC running Windows 7 to a PC running Windows 10 Anniversary Update.

Should there be anything else, do let us know.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Jennifer Bri, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Sticky Notes Backup / Restore

How do i Restore my Sticky Notes on Windows 10 Pro. I saw a Video online and showed me Location of Sticky Notes which was

C:\Users\IT-Manager\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes.

I did took backup from my previous windows. But now in new laptop.. there is no Sticky Notes Folder at same Location. I created new deleted and tested all.. Folder or same file is not created at the same defined location.

Let me Know how i restore my sticky notes file to new windows 10 pro. i have the file.

Regards

Hadeel Jeddah Company, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Sticky Notes

Thank you for the information.

You should backup first your old Sticky Notes, then restore them. To do so, please follow the steps below:

To back up Sticky Notes from old:

• Press Windows key + R to open Run dialog box.
    • Copy and paste %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState, then hit
      Enter.
    • Copy the plum.sqlite file to where you like as a backup of your Sticky Notes. (E.g. USB)

To restore Sticky Notes in your new SSD:

• Close all running Sticky Notes.
    • Copy and paste %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState, then hit
      Enter.
    • Open the location of the backed up plum.sqlite file.
    • Copy the backed up plum.sqlite file into the LocalState folder.
    • Click on Replace the file in the destination when window "The destination already has a file name plum.sqlite" appears.
    • Once you're done with the procedure, open the Sticky Notes app to have your restored Sticky Notes.

Feel free to post back should you need further help.

Riel Alc, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Sticky Notes backup/restore - Similar Threads - Sticky Notes backup

2. Restore Sticky Note

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Sticky Note: I just updated the Sticky Note. Upon completion, I delete the shortcut on the bottom bar and the Sticky Note also disappears under Windows Start menu. Is there any way to restore it or reset it to previous version or original version? Thanks!...
  3. Restore Sticky Note

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Sticky Note: I just updated the Sticky Note. Upon completion, I delete the shortcut on the bottom bar and the Sticky Note also disappears under Windows Start menu. Is there any way to restore it or reset it to previous version or original version? Thanks!...
  4. Restore Sticky Note

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sticky Notes Restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sticky Notes Restore: Can someone help me find my Sticky Notes folder?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes-restore/5cf1dc71-379f-403e-bdaf-7f7a0d115221
  6. Restore Sticky Notes Shortcut

Restore Sticky Notes Shortcut: Hi Shawn: I noticed that I have 2 shortcuts for Sticky Notes in my Start Menu. See image. The top one will open my last note & I can access my other notes, settings, etc. from there. However, the bottom one, which has a flyout, doesn't work. If I click any of the options, I...
  7. Sticky notes restored

Sticky notes restored: If you have an account on sticky notes and reset the app ,the data will be saved or not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes-restored/e7a0898d-8298-4bd2-9f17-fbd7149fac2f
  8. Sticky Notes Backup?

Sticky Notes Backup?: I tend to have a lot of Sticky Notes. Is there a way to back them up? Maybe to a Document file? Or, anywhere else? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/sticky-notes-backup/7cf04c4d-1fd6-4caf-8042-124e0ca81490
  9. Backup and Restore Sticky Notes app Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Sticky Notes app Settings in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Sticky Notes app Settings in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Sticky Notes app Settings in Windows 10 The Sticky Notes app is a preinstalled UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app in Windows 10. This apps allows you to create and save notes...
  10. Backup and Restore Sticky Notes in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Sticky Notes in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Sticky Notes in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Sticky Notes in Windows 10 The Sticky Notes app is a preinstalled UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app in Windows 10. This apps allows you to create and save notes to the desktop of your...