Windows 10: Sticky Notes could not verify sign-in info

Discus and support Sticky Notes could not verify sign-in info in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; About a week ago, I noticed that my Sticky Notes app was not signed in. When I tried to sign in, I received an error message: "We couldn't verify your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jude Wong, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Jude Wong Win User

Sticky Notes could not verify sign-in info

About a week ago, I noticed that my Sticky Notes app was not signed in. When I tried to sign in, I received an error message: "We couldn't verify your sign-in info. We can't connect to the server. Error code 0x80072EFD".

I tried resetting the app and reinstalling it but not none worked. Just received an update for the app today and it's now version 3.7.140.0. Unfortunately, the problem persisted.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks.

:)

Jude Wong, Jun 9, 2020

2. Sticky Notes error "We couldn't verify your sign-in info"

On a Windows 10 v1809 PC, I'm trying to sign into Sticky Notes v3.6.76.0 (latest) using my Office 365 user account. Consistently, it prompts for and accepts the credentials (password then MFA / TFA code), spins on "Just a moment..." for a minute or so, and then fails with the following error:

Sticky Notes could not verify sign-in info cHOSV.png

Unlike other cases (link 1, link 2), there is no additional error information.

In my diagnostics, I have found that:

• Microsoft Office apps (Outlook, etc) connected to the same account continue to work.
    • Sign-in succeeds at Sticky Notes, on another Windows 10 v1809 PC (same software, same network, etc), and on an Android smartphone so the credentials aren't the problem.
    • Resetting and reinstalling, as advised by Fix Sticky Notes Not Available Error in Windows 10 Without Losing Data - EaseUS, doesn't make a difference.
    • Manually entering the credentials, as opposed to selecting the account from the pre-filled menu, doesn't make a difference.
    • Sign-in succeeds under a different local user profile.
    • There's nothing relevant in the event log "Applications".
    • Removing the Windows Credential "MicrosoftAccount:user=<my username / email address>" (modified today) didn't make a difference.
    • Removing the Windows Credential "SSO_POP_User:user=<my username / email address>" (modified today) didn't make a difference.

Update: 2019/09/23 11:19

I have found that:

• Outlook 2019 has been acting strangely - prompting for my credentials every 1 hour or so but only actually needing them half the time, etc. A new Outlook profile doesn't seem to have made a difference.
    • Clearing all Windows credentials (including virtualapp/didlogical, SSO_POP_Device, etc but excluding Slack/tokens) didn't make a difference.
    • Using a different Office 365 account (but in the same tenant) works fine - it didn't even prompt for credentials.

Update: 2019/09/23 12:29

I have found that:

• Changing my password again hasn't made a difference.

Next, I'm going to try upgrading my installation of Windows 10.

Update: 2019/09/24 12:38

I have found that:

• Upgrading to Windows 10 v1903 hasn't made a difference. In fact, it's made it worse as it broke the installation of Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus so I had to online repair it which requires reactivation which is failing because of these authentication problems.

Sticky Notes could not verify sign-in info ARU4W.png

Update: 2019/09/25 14:33

I have found that:

• .OLD-ing my Windows user profile and re-signing in with the affected account to cause a temporary user profile to be generated fixed the Outlook problem but Sticky Notes wouldn't open.
    • Attempting to use an app password wouldn't work because Modern Authentication can't handle them.
    • Completely uninstalling Microsoft Office (Revo Uninstaller in advanced mode, .OLD-ing %localAppData%\Microsoft\Outlook\, clearing Credential Manager, removing all Outlook profiles, etc and reinstalling didn't make a difference. In fact, the Microsoft apps (Outlook, Sticky Notes, Edge, etc) were still aware of the accounts somehow.

mythofechelon, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Sticky Note Missing

Hi KeithRawlings,

I'm Charles, an Independent advisor trying to help.

Let's see if with the following steps we can solve the problem:

1.- Open >> Sticky notes, when located on the taskbar (Right click on the option) >> Select: List of Notes, now check if your note is in that list.

2.- Follow the steps suggested by the Windows MVP in your article

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-sticky-notes-lost...

I hope the steps work for you

Attentive to any comments

Have a happy day

Best Regards,

Charles.

CharlesJones32, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

sticky notes

Hello,

Sticky notes may have encountered a system file corruption that caused this. We suggest that you run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    for this issue. Meanwhile, we also recommend that you reset your Sticky Notes app by following the steps below:

• Click the Windows icon and click Settings.
    • Click System, and then click Apps & features on the left menu.
    • Click on Sticky Notes on the list found on your right menu, click
      Advanced options link, and click the Reset button.
    • Click the Reset button again when you see the confirmation dialog to reset Sticky Notes app.
    • Close the Settings window and check your Sticky Notes app.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Sticky Notes could not verify sign-in info - Similar Threads - Sticky Notes verify

2. Cannot sign into Windows 11 Sticky Notes. Error: "We couldn't verify your sign-in info....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot sign into Windows 11 Sticky Notes. Error: "We couldn't verify your sign-in info....: Hi,I cannot sign into Sticky Notes using my work credentials under Windows 11. It works with my personal MS account, but not with the work account that uses SSO.Upon clicking the Sign In button in Notes, it asks me which of my MS accounts to use. I choose my work account,...
  3. Cannot sign into Windows 11 Sticky Notes. Error: "We couldn't verify your sign-in info....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot sign into Windows 11 Sticky Notes. Error: "We couldn't verify your sign-in info....: Hi,I cannot sign into Sticky Notes using my work credentials under Windows 11. It works with my personal MS account, but not with the work account that uses SSO.Upon clicking the Sign In button in Notes, it asks me which of my MS accounts to use. I choose my work account,...
  4. signing work account in sticky notes

signing work account in sticky notes: anyone has the same issue signing in work account in sticky notes app? it says "We couldn't verify your sign-in info. Your org has disabled sign-in and sync with a work or school account. sign in with your microsoft account. i have no problem sign in work account from other...
  5. Sticky Note

Sticky Note: Hi! After Windows update I can't open Sticky Note App. It shows that i'ts loading, but then disapear. I have there infomation that i really need and i understand that I can't use App reset option....
  6. Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sticky Notes: Hi! I have Windows 10. How do I turn off the hyperlinks on my Sticky Notes? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes/651eb2ef-de96-4508-8bcc-5e7df8412514
  7. sticky notes

sticky notes: Recently IT reconfigured my computer to Windows 10 update. They reinstalled all my files, including my Sticky Notes. However, my Sticky Notes now keep vanishing. I read some online things about how to find the backups but it appears that I don't even have the Sticky Notes app...
  8. Sticky Note Sign-In

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sticky Note Sign-In: Ever since the update to Sticky Notes 3.0, you're supposed to be able to sign in to the app to sync your notes to OneDrive, much the same way you would sync OneNote. However, when trying to sign in, I receive an error that there is no active Office 365 account associated...
  9. sticky notes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sticky notes: My sticky notes all went blank. How do I recover them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes/559bde21-9e59-43b9-8b46-b4958262729c
  10. Sign in and Sign out of Sticky Notes in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Sign in and Sign out of Sticky Notes in Windows 10: How to: Sign in and Sign out of Sticky Notes in Windows 10 How to Sign in and Sign out of Sticky Notes in Windows 10 The Sticky Notes app is a preinstalled UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app in Windows 10. This apps allows you to create and save notes to the desktop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. What stands for SSO_POP_User:user=?