Windows 10: Sticky Notes Doesn't work, except from Built-in "Administrator" account

Discus and support Sticky Notes Doesn't work, except from Built-in "Administrator" account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have installed Windows 10 ENt x64 1709, i found that "Sticky Notes Doesn't work, except from Built-in "Administrator" account", tried to match... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rajesh Temkar, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Sticky Notes Doesn't work, except from Built-in "Administrator" account

Hi,

I have installed Windows 10 ENt x64 1709, i found that "Sticky Notes Doesn't work, except from Built-in "Administrator" account", tried to match permissions in "C:\programfiles\WIndowsApps"

ANy clue please ?

Thanks,

Rajesh Temkar

:)

Rajesh Temkar, Mar 28, 2019
  2. Kokopelli Win User

Made a boo-boo - now can't run Sticky Notes

I somehow managed to enable the built-in administrator account - now Sticky Notes won't run, but I get this:

Sticky Notes Doesn't work, except from Built-in "Administrator" account [​IMG]

it says
    The app cannot be run
    Sticky Notes cannot be run using the built-in administrator account.

But there is only one account: mine, with admin priviledges. As this is a one-person household there was no need to create user accounts.

Sticky Notes Doesn't work, except from Built-in "Administrator" account [​IMG]

I have googled the phrase 'how disable built in administrator account windows 10' but get nowhere with the suggested solutions. What to do?
    Thank you.

Kokopelli, Mar 28, 2019
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Mar 28, 2019
  4. Sticky Notes Doesn't work, except from Built-in "Administrator" account

Tab button not working on Sticky Notes

There's nothing you can do right this moment to enable tabbing in the latest version of the Sticky Notes app. The programming team that builds the Sticky Notes app is aware of top requests like bulleted/number lists, and I've also submitted feedback that
    the ability to use tab characters/indent is requested (you can help by voting on that suggestion in your built-in feedback app).

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 28, 2019
Thema:

Sticky Notes Doesn't work, except from Built-in "Administrator" account

1. Sticky Notes Doesn't work, except from Built-in "Administrator" account - Similar Threads - Sticky Notes Doesn't

2. signing work account in sticky notes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    signing work account in sticky notes: anyone has the same issue signing in work account in sticky notes app? it says "We couldn't verify your sign-in info. Your org has disabled sign-in and sync with a work or school account. sign in with your microsoft account. i have no problem sign in work account from other...
  3. Sticky Notes not working and keeps giving Loading Sticky Notes

Sticky Notes not working and keeps giving Loading Sticky Notes: Greetings, Kindly the sticky notes application is not working and giving Loading Sticky Notes, I tried Reset the application and uninstalling it and installing it again and everything and still not working and only giving Loading Sticky Notes. [ATTACH]...
  4. Sticky Notes Insights not working

Sticky Notes Insights not working: I have insights turned on in Sicky Notes but when I try to use the ticker stock ie $JPM it doesn't return the stock price or anything. I'm running image 10.0.17134.1304 and on another machine new 10.0.18362.657. Cortana is running on both. I have USA region and in English...
  5. minimize sticky notes not working

minimize sticky notes not working: I am trying to minimize my sticky notes and for some reason that easy option is gone for me. I tried to click the taskbar icon, or alt F4, bit options are not working...
  6. Sticky Notes Not Working

Sticky Notes Not Working: Today I upgraded my Windows 10 Pro 64bit from version 1803 to 1809. Microsoft Sticky Notes version 3.1.55.0 is broken. I tried resetting it in Settings/Apps&Features to no avail. Settings will not let me uninstall. I have lost all of my previous notes which were working...
  7. Start button doesn't work (& sticky notes disappeared)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button doesn't work (& sticky notes disappeared): My computer started acting weird from this morning. First, it took a long time to reboot. And it was showing black screen with white mouse cursor for a long time and my original background after. After going in, it won't allow me to click the start button. And I also...
  8. Sticky Notes Not Working

Sticky Notes Not Working: I've reset, uninstalled, reinstalled, and nothing's worked. This has been going on for a month. Everytime I attempt to launch it, the icon appears in the toolbar for a few seconds, but it closes and nothing more. What should I do? I don't really care if my notes are deleted...
  9. Sticky Notes App not working

Sticky Notes App not working: On my startpage, the app is faded compared to other apps. The only other apps that aren't working and also faded are 3Dviewer and resize image. Solutions I've tried: Repairing it via settings Resetting it via settings Uninstalling via Powershell and reinstalling...
  10. My Sticky Notes is not working

My Sticky Notes is not working: Help... My sticky notes is not working... How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-sticky-notes-is-not-working/9e066f17-a5a8-4254-b211-d1dfb96861cb