Windows 10: Sticky Notes - Double Click on a word opens Context Menu while disabling controll comands

Discus and support Sticky Notes - Double Click on a word opens Context Menu while disabling controll comands in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, we rolled out Windows 10 in our company and one user asked me this: In Sticky Notes, when he double clicks a word a context menu opens. While... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Anton ivv, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Anton ivv Win User

Sticky Notes - Double Click on a word opens Context Menu while disabling controll comands

Hi,

we rolled out Windows 10 in our company and one user asked me this:

In Sticky Notes, when he double clicks a word a context menu opens. While its open he cant use ctrl+c to copy the word he highlighted. He has to use either the copy function from the context menu or click again to remove the context menu and then hit ctrl+c. Thats a change in behavior my user has a hard time coming around.

Is there any possibility to shut off the context menu on double click?

Thanks in advance!

:)

Anton ivv, Nov 14, 2019

2. Sticky Note Update

Hi Joey,

To disable Insights on Sticky Notes, please follow these steps:

• Open Sticky Notes.
    • Click on the Menu (3-dots) button.
    • Click on the Settings button.
    • Turn off Enable insights.

Let us know how it goes.

Meliton Dec, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    sticky notes

Thank you for getting back to us. To recover Sticky Notes backup from plum.sqlite, kindly try the steps below:

• Find and open plum.sqlite file with Notepad, Microsoft Word or Wordpad.
    • View and find the lost notes in the plum.sqlite file, copy the exact notes that you lost and and paste to a new Sticky Notes so to recover it.

Kindly get back to us and let know the results.

Xylee Del, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Sticky Notes - Double Click on a word opens Context Menu while disabling controll comands

Sticky notes

Hi Idalee,

Yes, there is a possibility that the recent update may have disabled or corrupted the apps. For us to isolate this problem, we suggest repairing or resetting Sticky Notes on your PC. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and click Apps.
    • On the Apps & features tab, locate the name of the missing app.
    • Click the app and select Advanced options, then click Repair.
    • If the Repair option is not available or does not resolve the issue, you may also try the
      Reset option. However, it's more likely that you will lose any app data that was saved.
    • Once the repair or reset is completed, Sticky Notes should now reappear in the app list.
    • You may now pin it to the Start Menu.

Update us with the outcome.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Sticky Notes - Double Click on a word opens Context Menu while disabling controll comands

1. Sticky Notes - Double Click on a word opens Context Menu while disabling controll comands - Similar Threads - Sticky Notes Double

2. Double click does not open word docs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double click does not open word docs: hiWindows 11, files on onedrive.When Double clicking with my mouse, I get the egg timer, but nothing happens, the only way to open docs is to right click and open, or to use the enter key. its got nothing to do with my mouse speed, my batteries, or my mouse driver.any ideas?...
  3. Double click does not open word docs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double click does not open word docs: hiWindows 11, files on onedrive.When Double clicking with my mouse, I get the egg timer, but nothing happens, the only way to open docs is to right click and open, or to use the enter key. its got nothing to do with my mouse speed, my batteries, or my mouse driver.any ideas?...
  4. Sticky notes won’t open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sticky notes won’t open: I have an issue with sticky notes. When I start my PC, sticky notes show up on the PC, but then they disappear. Perhaps, they start working in the background. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes-wont-open/686210b7-891e-4651-a918-a6463ade152e
  5. Disable Sticky Notes Preview window?

Disable Sticky Notes Preview window?: New to Win10 and struggle with the new sticky notes. I always get a preview window that I have to x out to use sticky note. Can't seem to find a way to stop it. I miss the Sticky Notes I had in win7. Can the preview pane be stopped from showing every time I open? 143201
  6. sticky notes not opening

sticky notes not opening: i try to reset but not opening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes-not-opening/0dbaf094-19cc-473c-9f6f-539b439f6a0d
  7. Disable side window in Sticky Notes

Disable side window in Sticky Notes: My OS is Win10 Pro 64bit, v1804, OS build 17134.472 When I open the shortcut to create a new sticky note, a side window appears, with Sticky Notes search engine and settings. Is there any way to open a new sticky note without this annoying side window opening every time?...
  8. Sticky Notes Unable to Open

Sticky Notes Unable to Open: Tried opening the sticky notes and it just doesn't open up. Clicking the icon, laptop tried opening only to be closed the next thing. Need the stuff in sticky notes desperately!...
  9. cant open sticky notes

cant open sticky notes: I can't open the sticky note again after I update it to version 3.0, please give me the solution !. I tried to reset and uninstall the sticky note, but it still didn't work....
  10. Not able to open Sticky Notes

Not able to open Sticky Notes: I have a custom based Windows 10 1703 image. I am not able to access Sticky Notes. It opens but sticks on task-bar like its hanged. Please help. [img] 98711