Windows 10: Sticky Notes Gone From Desktop in Win10 Upgrade

Discus and support Sticky Notes Gone From Desktop in Win10 Upgrade in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I upgraded from Win7 to Win10. All went well and Desktop looked the same with all my sticky notes showing and working. That lasted a few days, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mackenrick, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Sticky Notes Gone From Desktop in Win10 Upgrade

I upgraded from Win7 to Win10. All went well and Desktop looked the same with all my sticky notes showing and working. That lasted a few days, then today, I noticed all the sticky notes were gone as well as the Sticky Note icon in the system tray. I launched Sticky Note from Start and it just showed up as a single blank Sticky Note. I had made a backup of the new Win10 install right after I did the update so I have access to all the original files. I also have access to the original files from a Win7 backup. The one thing that is missing from the Win10 install is there is no "Packages" folder in the "Windows Old" folder. There is a Packages folder in the new Windows Folder.

I've tried resetting Sticky Notes and putting in the renamed ThresholdNotes.snt into the Legacy Folder and restarting Sticky Notes and several variations of that process but when I start Sticky Notes all I get is the one new blank Sticky Note. The 10 or so sticky notes that used to display on my desktop do not appear. Is there a trick to getting all the display on my Desktop after I make the Legacy Folder, etc. ?

There is information on most of those notes that I really need. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

:)

Mackenrick, Jan 13, 2020

2. Sticky Note Missing

Hi KeithRawlings,

I'm Charles, an Independent advisor trying to help.

Let's see if with the following steps we can solve the problem:

1.- Open >> Sticky notes, when located on the taskbar (Right click on the option) >> Select: List of Notes, now check if your note is in that list.

2.- Follow the steps suggested by the Windows MVP in your article

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-sticky-notes-lost...

I hope the steps work for you

Attentive to any comments

Have a happy day

Best Regards,

Charles.

CharlesJones32, Jan 13, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    sticky notes onmultiple desktops

Hello Cathy,

• When you say “multiple desktops for different users” are you referring to multiple desktop on single user account or you are unable to open Sticky notes on a particular user account?
    If you have created multiple desktop using the task view on a user account, and if you try to open Sticky notes on the second desktop it’s by design it will automatically open the sticky notes on desktop 1.

Hope this helps.

Arul_D, Jan 13, 2020
  4. JL Mohr Win User

Sticky Notes Gone From Desktop in Win10 Upgrade

Sticky Notes: Individual notes disappearing from desktop after random time

This particular issue is driving me batty!

I put a sticky note on my desktop, then after a random period of time, sometimes days, sometimes weeks, the note randomly disappears from my desktop on start up. If I open the main list, it is still there, so I can get it back, but I shouldn't have to go
    through that step in the first place.

I have only been having this issue since running a Sticky Notes upgrade to Sticky Notes 3.

I use Sticky Notes for motivational notes from the month; however, I'll be lucky if the note is still visible on the desktop for a week (two at most). I also use them to give myself goals for the month (or quarterly), but with the disappearing notes from
    the desktop itself, these notes don't provide the motivation or the checklist like they should.

As I said above, if I open the main list, they are still there, so I can recover them, but I shouldn't need to do that. Once I add a sticky note to my desktop, it should stay there until I tell it to go-away.

Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing?

In addition, ever since running the upgrade, multiple taskbar icons appear for each Sticky Note open on my desktop. The previous version put only a single icon there.

I am running Sticky Notes 3.6.76.0 on Windows 10 Home OS Build 18362.239

JL Mohr, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

Sticky Notes Gone From Desktop in Win10 Upgrade

1. Sticky Notes Gone From Desktop in Win10 Upgrade - Similar Threads - Sticky Notes Gone

2. All sticky notes are GONE after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All sticky notes are GONE after update: I found my sticky notes closed this morning. And when I opened the app, the note list was EMPTY!!! Since I always keep my account logged in, I assume the notes are synced and somehow backed up. Then I found notes on my other laptop were also GONE... : WOW How could you...
  3. Sticky Notes pinned to desktop on Startup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sticky Notes pinned to desktop on Startup?: Is it possible to have my notes pinned to my desktop all the time? Instead of having to open it everytime I turn on my laptop I would like it to just be there in my desktop at all times. Kind of like a widget. Is this possible? submitted by /u/JavaRuinedMyLIfe [link]...
  4. Sticky Notes Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Notes Upgrade: How can I roll back Sticky Notes to the previous version? I only use Sticky Notes for my own use on my computer. I do not need to sync it with any other device. My notes are for my own use. Also, I understand the TOS to allow the company Micsrosoft to see my content?...
  5. Sticky notes disappear from desktop

Sticky notes disappear from desktop: After getting the recent Windows 10 update, when I turn off and later turn on my computer I find that one or more of the sticky notes on my desktop (including those with writing and typed information) disappear, seemingly deleting themselves. Is this a known problem, and how...
  6. Sticky Notes: Individual notes disappearing from desktop after random time

Sticky Notes: Individual notes disappearing from desktop after random time: This particular issue is driving me batty! I put a sticky note on my desktop, then after a random period of time, sometimes days, sometimes weeks, the note randomly disappears from my desktop on start up. If I open the main list, it is still there, so I can get it back, but...
  7. Sticky Notes Formatting Shortcuts Gone & Sticky Notes Doesn't Always Auto-Launch after...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sticky Notes Formatting Shortcuts Gone & Sticky Notes Doesn't Always Auto-Launch after...: Greetings, There used to be handy shortcut buttons for applying basic formatting to Sticky Notes (bold, underline, etc). I first noticed these buttons were missing from the bottom of the Sticky Notes window about the time I updated to Windows 10 version 1903. I'm aware...
  8. Desktop sticky notes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop sticky notes: Hi all, I am looking for a way to get my notes in my desktop at all times. I currently use MS Sticky Notes because that seems to be the only application that will allow me to stick notes into my laptop background but I would rather use another tool that allows more...
  9. Can't Uninstall / Permanently Remove Sticky Notes from Win10

Can't Uninstall / Permanently Remove Sticky Notes from Win10: First, I want to say it is unbelievable that it is this difficult to remove a superficial app such as Sticky Notes from my machine. I have tried several methods to remove Sticky Notes, each method below has failed: Windows Powershell(admin) ::::: Method restored defaults,...
  10. Sticky notes gone...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sticky notes gone...: Hey all, While using sticky notes, they suddenly disappeared... I can technically open the app and it appears on my taskbar but other than that it seems to do nothing... I've tried the taskbar's shortcut for making a new note but that does nothing either... Any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sticky notes stuck loading sticky notes...