Windows 10: Sticky Notes Insights - inking with surface pen not working since Spring update 2018

Discus and support Sticky Notes Insights - inking with surface pen not working since Spring update 2018 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Sticky Notes have this very cool feature called "Insights". When you enter a date or a number, it recognizes it and generates a Cortana reminder. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ManuelGarces, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Sticky Notes Insights - inking with surface pen not working since Spring update 2018

Sticky Notes have this very cool feature called "Insights". When you enter a date or a number, it recognizes it and generates a Cortana reminder. The new version of Sticky Notes with the hub for some reason doesn't interact with windows ink. Does anyone know why? You can still trigger the insights and the Cortana reminder when you type but not when you ink. For surface pen lovers like me that's a problem. Furthermore, the Microsoft store still advertises the app to be windows ink interactive.. But that hasn't happened since April 2018 when the upgraded the sticky notes app. I have gone to the old version of the app until this is fixed. Any help with this will be very much appreciated. I have tried just about everything though, Including wiping the laptop and starting from scratch. The repair and other superficial fixes available on the web won't work in this case. Looking for someone who actually knows about the app design and why they left this important feature out.

:)

ManuelGarces, Apr 25, 2019
  2. SteveBott Win User

Pen not working in sticky notes

Hi, just started using Ink Workspace but found that my pen works fine in Sketchpad and Screensketch, but not in Sticky Notes. I can however type in Sticky Notes. Clearly the pen is working, just not in Sticky Notes - can anyone shed any light on this please.

SteveBott, Apr 25, 2019
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Sticky Notes "Insights" not working with handwriting

Hi ManuelGarces,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Have you tried to check the settings on the Sticky Note App if the
      Enable Insights is off?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Method1: Try enable insights in Sticky notes.

1. Open the Sticky Notes app.
    2. Click/tap on the 3 dots menu button, and click/tap on Settings.
    3. Click/tap on Enable insights to toggle to disable (uncheck) or enable (check) it

Method 2: Fix problem with apps.

I suggest you to follow this article on
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    , an check if that helps.

Method 3: Reset Sticky Notes in Windows 10.

1. Open the Settings Navigate to
      Apps and then select Apps & features.
    2. Look for the Sticky Notes
      entry and click on the same to select it. You should now see
      Advanced options link
    3. Click Advanced
      options link to open Storage usage and app reset page.
    4. Click the Reset button. When you see the confirmation, click the
      Reset button to reset the Sticky Notes
      app.
    5. Restart the PC once you reset the
      Sticky Notes
      app.

Re-install sticky notes app from the Microsoft store and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Apr 25, 2019
  4. Jessen P Win User

Sticky Notes Insights - inking with surface pen not working since Spring update 2018

Enable Insights in Sticky Notes

Hi,

First Ink intelligence features are only available in EN-US at launch, with more markets coming soon.

Go to Settings > Region & Language. Once there, ensure your Country or Region is set as United States and Ensure your Languages is set as English (United States). Both of these must be set.

Then check if this is how you are trying to enable insights in Sticky notes.

• Open the Sticky Notes app.

• Click/tap on the 3 dots menu button, and click/tap on Settings.

• Click/tap on Enable insights to toggle to disable (uncheck) or enable (check) it

Please get back to us if you continue to face the issue.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

Sticky Notes Insights - inking with surface pen not working since Spring update 2018

1. Sticky Notes Insights - inking with surface pen not working since Spring update 2018 - Similar Threads - Sticky Notes Insights

2. Sticky Notes Insights feature not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky Notes Insights feature not working.: I am facing issue in sticky notes , when I am putting any email id in sticky notes it is simply showing text not converting in hyperlink , please suggest thanks in advanced....
  3. Sticky Notes Insights feature not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Notes Insights feature not working.: I am facing issue in sticky notes , when I am putting any email id in sticky notes it is simply showing text not converting in hyperlink , please suggest thanks in advanced....
  4. Surface Pen not inking after a week

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pen not inking after a week: Windows 10 21H1, Surface 7, Surface Pen.I have undertaken the following steps:windows is up-to-dateuninstalled drivers Pen and related, Inkupdated driverscomplete shutdown into UEFIchanged batterytried alternate pen which worked friends that workedtried pen on his surface...
  5. Surface Pen not inking after a week

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pen not inking after a week: Windows 10 21H1, Surface 7, Surface Pen.I have undertaken the following steps:windows is up-to-dateuninstalled drivers Pen and related, Inkupdated driverscomplete shutdown into UEFIchanged batterytried alternate pen which worked friends that workedtried pen on his surface...
  6. Sticky Notes Insights not working

Sticky Notes Insights not working: I have insights turned on in Sicky Notes but when I try to use the ticker stock ie $JPM it doesn't return the stock price or anything. I'm running image 10.0.17134.1304 and on another machine new 10.0.18362.657. Cortana is running on both. I have USA region and in English...
  7. Sticky Notes "Insights" not working with handwriting

Sticky Notes "Insights" not working with handwriting: When this app was launched you could use the surface and write a time or a date or a website and it would trigger the "insights" so that Cortana would pop up and offer to create a reminder or task. Now this functionality only works with typing. Sticky Notes has stopped...
  8. Gaming Issues since Spring 2018 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming Issues since Spring 2018 Update: Alright. I'm pretty upset at this point. The Spring Creators Update messed up my computer, costing me $400 in repairs and new harddrives. Once all that was fixed, I got all my stuff reinstalled, games, everything. Then I ran into problems with the games. Dragon Age...
  9. Spring Creators Update 2018

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Spring Creators Update 2018: Quick question [PANIC] is the HP 15-f010 wm compatible with the update because last time I tried I had to reinstall windows and I'm trying again (Note to self: GOD IM SO SMART BUT SO STUPID AT THE SAME TIME)...
  10. Enable or Disable Sticky Notes Insights in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Sticky Notes Insights in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Sticky Notes Insights in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Insights on Sticky Notes in Windows 10 The Sticky Notes app is a preinstalled UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app in Windows 10. This apps allows you to create and save notes to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sticky notes said I have an old version but will not upgarde