Windows 10: Sticky Notes not working, uninstalled, still showing files in computer under different...

Discus and support Sticky Notes not working, uninstalled, still showing files in computer under different... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been trying to get the Sticky Notes App to work. I used to have it working on my previous computer but since I changed over when I click on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TraceyGoldthorpe, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Sticky Notes not working, uninstalled, still showing files in computer under different...

I have been trying to get the Sticky Notes App to work.

I used to have it working on my previous computer but since I changed over when I click on the App a little window pops up saying Loading Sticky Notes but that is as far as it gets. So I have tried all the fixes posted with uninstalling resetting using all the posted Powershell methods and I still have had no success.

In my research and poking around in my computer I found if I open OneNote and click on Open Feed the little page icon in the upper right just below the X all my old notes open in the side bar even if the App is uninstalled.

I currently have the Sticky Notes App uninstalled, but there are still files installed from 2 years ago the date modified says 2018-10-10

In C:\\ProgramData\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes_8wekyb3d8bbwe

Folder structure within is:

S-1-5-21-2612136011-1789626456-1128566677-1001

SystemAppData

Helium

Cache

86b0c71d2f3d14b7.dat

86b0c71d2f3d14b7_COM15.dat

User.dat

UserClasses.dat

Is this supposed to still be on my computer after the App has been uninstalled?

Could this be the reason why the App does not load?

Which of these files contains the notes that are loading into OneNote?

I have not been able to use this app for a long time it used to be my Go to for reminders I really need it back I have spent the better part of this week trying to find a solution to... the dreaded Sticky Notes Loading window.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. I have tried all the fixes I have found posted to no avail.

Thank you, Tracey

:)

TraceyGoldthorpe, Jan 21, 2021

2. Sticky Notes not show the text

Hi Nancy,

The issue may be related to corrupted application files. To troubleshoot this kind of issue, follow the steps below:

Delete the contents of the Sticky Notes folder and run Sticky Notes Manually.

Step 1. Navigate to the App data folder and for that follow the steps mentioned below to help fix the issue.

a. Press Windows key + X.

b. Select File Explorer.

c. Navigate to C:\Users\<your User Name>.

Once you are inside your User folder you should see a list of Folders like Contacts, Desktop and downloads etc.

You need to access some files that are hidden to continue troubleshooting,

Step 2. Try to see Hidden Folders and files and for that you need to follow the steps provided below.

• Open Folder Options by Pressing Windows key + X, clicking
      Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking
      Folder Options.
    • Click the View tab.
    • Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files, folders, and
      drives, and then click OK.

Step 3. Delete the Sticky notes temp file.

Now, you should be able to see a folder by name App data above contacts.

• Click on the folder.
    • Navigate to Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky notes.
    • Delete the file StickyNotes.snt.
    Now close Sticky Notes and reopen it to check if it works.

If the issues still persist, check the answer provided by Ramesh.Kumar on this

thread
    and proceed with the steps on how to Run the Sticky Notes from the root Folder.

We look forward to your response.

Marvelos Reg, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Sticky Note Missing

Hi KeithRawlings,

I'm Charles, an Independent advisor trying to help.

Let's see if with the following steps we can solve the problem:

1.- Open >> Sticky notes, when located on the taskbar (Right click on the option) >> Select: List of Notes, now check if your note is in that list.

2.- Follow the steps suggested by the Windows MVP in your article

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-sticky-notes-lost...

I hope the steps work for you

Attentive to any comments

Have a happy day

Best Regards,

Charles.

CharlesJones32, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Sticky Notes not working, uninstalled, still showing files in computer under different...

sticky notes

Was this the WIndows 10 Upgrade from WIndows 7, 8 or 8.1?

Check now for a C:\Windows.old folder that is created during an Upgrade. If that folder is found, you can

Show Hidden Files and Folders in Windows 10
    and then follow the steps here:

• To backup sticky notes in Windows 10/8.1/8/7:
    STEP 1. Type %AppData%\Microsoft\Sticky Notes in the windows.old folder Search box.

STEP 2. Copy StickyNotes.snt to a safe location.

• To restore sticky notes:
    STEP 1. Type %AppData%\Microsoft\Sticky Notes in start menu search box or run and press Enter.

STEP 2. Copy the StickyNotes.snt file from your backup folder and paste it in the folder that opens. Agree to overwrite the old file, or delete it first before copying. If it balks then install and use the

Take Ownership Shortcut
    on the folder so you can replace the .snt file.

If you don't have Windows.old folder, do you have a backup image of your old install which we can help you mount to browse into the old files?

If not then your notes may be lost. In the future use Notepad or Wordpad which can more easily save Files to your Documents, or back up the Sticky Notes file regularly following the above.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

Sticky Notes not working, uninstalled, still showing files in computer under different...

1. Sticky Notes not working, uninstalled, still showing files in computer under different... - Similar Threads - Sticky Notes working

2. Sticky Notes not working and keeps giving Loading Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Notes not working and keeps giving Loading Sticky Notes: Greetings, Kindly the sticky notes application is not working and giving Loading Sticky Notes, I tried Reset the application and uninstalling it and installing it again and everything and still not working and only giving Loading Sticky Notes. [ATTACH]...
  3. Sticky Notes Insights not working

Sticky Notes Insights not working: I have insights turned on in Sicky Notes but when I try to use the ticker stock ie $JPM it doesn't return the stock price or anything. I'm running image 10.0.17134.1304 and on another machine new 10.0.18362.657. Cortana is running on both. I have USA region and in English...
  4. minimize sticky notes not working

minimize sticky notes not working: I am trying to minimize my sticky notes and for some reason that easy option is gone for me. I tried to click the taskbar icon, or alt F4, bit options are not working...
  5. Sticky Notes not on computer

Sticky Notes not on computer: Recently obtained a Windows 10 computer. Used to be able to have Sticky Notes on previous Windows 8.1 computer. Tried to search for Sticky Notes but it is not listed on computer at all. There is only option to install Sticky Notes 8 from Microsoft Store which I don't want to....
  6. Sticky Notes Not Working

Sticky Notes Not Working: Today I upgraded my Windows 10 Pro 64bit from version 1803 to 1809. Microsoft Sticky Notes version 3.1.55.0 is broken. I tried resetting it in Settings/Apps&Features to no avail. Settings will not let me uninstall. I have lost all of my previous notes which were working...
  7. Sticky Notes Not Working

Sticky Notes Not Working: I've reset, uninstalled, reinstalled, and nothing's worked. This has been going on for a month. Everytime I attempt to launch it, the icon appears in the toolbar for a few seconds, but it closes and nothing more. What should I do? I don't really care if my notes are deleted...
  8. Sticky Notes "still loading

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sticky Notes "still loading: For the last couple of updates sticky notes never gets past "loading Sticky notes". I have run windows repair and uninstalled/reinstalled Sticky notes. I use and need that App....
  9. My Sticky Notes is not working

My Sticky Notes is not working: Help... My sticky notes is not working... How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-sticky-notes-is-not-working/9e066f17-a5a8-4254-b211-d1dfb96861cb
  10. STICKY NOTES APP STOPPED WORKING; CANNOT UNINSTALL

STICKY NOTES APP STOPPED WORKING; CANNOT UNINSTALL: Not sure why but Sticky Notes stopped working. Will not open on taskbar; icon pops up on taskbar then vanishes. Went to apps & right-clicked. Tried to Repair and Reset. Neither worked. Can't uninstall because that button won't work & won't allow me to click on it! How the...