Windows 10: Sticky notes shows 2 menus on right click

Discus and support Sticky notes shows 2 menus on right click in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The sticky notes app shows 2 menus on right click as in the photo. I have reset the app but still is not working. Any help is appreciated. 133851 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BranBoni, Jun 1, 2019.

1. BranBoni Win User

Sticky notes shows 2 menus on right click

The sticky notes app shows 2 menus on right click as in the photo. I have reset the app but still is not working. Any help is appreciated.

:)

BranBoni, Jun 1, 2019

2. sticky notes

Was this the WIndows 10 Upgrade from WIndows 7, 8 or 8.1?

Check now for a C:\Windows.old folder that is created during an Upgrade. If that folder is found, you can

Show Hidden Files and Folders in Windows 10
    and then follow the steps here:

• To backup sticky notes in Windows 10/8.1/8/7:
    STEP 1. Type %AppData%\Microsoft\Sticky Notes in the windows.old folder Search box.

STEP 2. Copy StickyNotes.snt to a safe location.

• To restore sticky notes:
    STEP 1. Type %AppData%\Microsoft\Sticky Notes in start menu search box or run and press Enter.

STEP 2. Copy the StickyNotes.snt file from your backup folder and paste it in the folder that opens. Agree to overwrite the old file, or delete it first before copying. If it balks then install and use the

Take Ownership Shortcut
    on the folder so you can replace the .snt file.

If you don't have Windows.old folder, do you have a backup image of your old install which we can help you mount to browse into the old files?

If not then your notes may be lost. In the future use Notepad or Wordpad which can more easily save Files to your Documents, or back up the Sticky Notes file regularly following the above.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jun 1, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    sticky notes

Hello,

Sticky notes may have encountered a system file corruption that caused this. We suggest that you run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    for this issue. Meanwhile, we also recommend that you reset your Sticky Notes app by following the steps below:

• Click the Windows icon and click Settings.
    • Click System, and then click Apps & features on the left menu.
    • Click on Sticky Notes on the list found on your right menu, click
      Advanced options link, and click the Reset button.
    • Click the Reset button again when you see the confirmation dialog to reset Sticky Notes app.
    • Close the Settings window and check your Sticky Notes app.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Jun 1, 2019
  4. Sticky notes shows 2 menus on right click

Sticky Notes not show the text

Hi Nancy,

The issue may be related to corrupted application files. To troubleshoot this kind of issue, follow the steps below:

Delete the contents of the Sticky Notes folder and run Sticky Notes Manually.

Step 1. Navigate to the App data folder and for that follow the steps mentioned below to help fix the issue.

a. Press Windows key + X.

b. Select File Explorer.

c. Navigate to C:\Users\<your User Name>.

Once you are inside your User folder you should see a list of Folders like Contacts, Desktop and downloads etc.

You need to access some files that are hidden to continue troubleshooting,

Step 2. Try to see Hidden Folders and files and for that you need to follow the steps provided below.

• Open Folder Options by Pressing Windows key + X, clicking
      Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking
      Folder Options.
    • Click the View tab.
    • Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files, folders, and
      drives, and then click OK.

Step 3. Delete the Sticky notes temp file.

Now, you should be able to see a folder by name App data above contacts.

• Click on the folder.
    • Navigate to Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky notes.
    • Delete the file StickyNotes.snt.
    Now close Sticky Notes and reopen it to check if it works.

If the issues still persist, check the answer provided by Ramesh.Kumar on this

thread
    and proceed with the steps on how to Run the Sticky Notes from the root Folder.

We look forward to your response.

Marvelos Reg, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

Sticky notes shows 2 menus on right click

1. Sticky notes shows 2 menus on right click - Similar Threads - Sticky notes shows

2. Sticky Notes stuck on Loading Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 News
    Sticky Notes stuck on Loading Sticky Notes: Some users have faced this issue that when after opening the Sticky Notes app, the app doesn’t show or load the Sticky Notes list that contains all the notes stored by users. It just stuck there and closing and re-opening the app doesn’t help. If after launching Sticky Notes,...
  3. Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sticky Notes: Hey all, I have this weird thing happening with Sticky Notes. I use it a LOT.. with that being said if I leave it open for more than a couple days I can no longer type in it, I can delete whatever I have in the notes but I can't type in what I already have there. I have to...
  4. Sticky Note

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Note: Hi! After Windows update I can't open Sticky Note App. It shows that i'ts loading, but then disapear. I have there infomation that i really need and i understand that I can't use App reset option....
  5. Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sticky Notes: Hi! I have Windows 10. How do I turn off the hyperlinks on my Sticky Notes? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes/651eb2ef-de96-4508-8bcc-5e7df8412514
  6. sticky notes

sticky notes: Recently IT reconfigured my computer to Windows 10 update. They reinstalled all my files, including my Sticky Notes. However, my Sticky Notes now keep vanishing. I read some online things about how to find the backups but it appears that I don't even have the Sticky Notes app...
  7. Sticky Notes showing two sub menus on right click

Sticky Notes showing two sub menus on right click: I have a few users complaining about an issue in Sticky Notes that appeared with the update to 3.6.73.0 When the user highlights text in a note and right clicks, they get two different sub menus appearing. One has Cut Copy Paste and Select All and the other has Copy Cut...
  8. sticky notes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sticky notes: My sticky notes all went blank. How do I recover them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes/559bde21-9e59-43b9-8b46-b4958262729c
  9. 'Sticky Notes'

'Sticky Notes': Anybody still use Windows Desktop 'Sticky Notes'? 4168
  10. White boxes for right click menus?

in Windows 10 Support
    White boxes for right click menus?: http://puu.sh/jjjOl/869ebbd62a.png The bottom right box is me right clicking the Speakers or Network icons. I can click in it and it still works but it's just annoying knowing that it's not working properly. Anyone else have this problem or perhaps a solution for it? 10411

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sticky notes shows dobule menus on right click

2. when right click on sticky notes menu duplicates

3. microsoft stickynotes auto right click

4. sticky notes double right-click menu