Windows 10: Sticky Notes won't let me see the list of Notes I have anymore?

Discus and support Sticky Notes won't let me see the list of Notes I have anymore? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I try to open the Sticky Notes app, it delivers some sort of problem, depending on how I last opened it. If I Reset the app from the Settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RookR4ven, May 29, 2020.

1. Sticky Notes won't let me see the list of Notes I have anymore?

Whenever I try to open the Sticky Notes app, it delivers some sort of problem, depending on how I last opened it.

If I Reset the app from the Settings route (Settings > Apps > Sticky Notes (Advanced Options) > Reset), I get the most "progress" in seeing it work again. It asks for me to "Get Started" with my Outlook account, then attempts to open up the full list of Notes that I've made - but instead just goes completely white, not showing anything nor giving me the option to make new notes or anything. Coming in from the Reset route *does* allow a new yellow note (the default) to pop up, but trying to access Settings or anything from that note makes the note itself freeze and be unresponsive until I interact with another window and return to it again, without seeing the settings options available.

Right-clicking the program down on the taskbar does allow me to see the options of opening the Notes List, the Settings, or making a new note - but those option are also unresponsive, with the exception of the New Note working as intended (but being unable to access the settings from it, just as prior).

Opening the program without resetting beforehand just pops up that same blank Notes List, although it will also retrieve new notes made since the reset, provided you don't close them which just adds them to the non-functioning list.

It's not possible to Uninstall this application, as that is essentially what the Reset function is doing since this is a required thing on the Window's laptop, I suppose. I've tried a number of things to fix this and be able to recover my notes, but I just don't see a way right now to make it work. I even tried making a new account just to see if my specific notes with that Outlook account were the problem, but even on that entirely new account with no notes list to speak of, the app just performed the same issues as already outlined.

I really just want to recover my old notes. I'm fine cutting this program out of my life after managing to retrieve them, but getting the contents of those notes would be ideal before ignoring it forever. The Microsoft website and my outlook account don't seem to have the notes recorded anywhere, so I assume that they're just native to the app itself, which is a shame right now.

Just about any and all help is appreciated, really! Thanks ahead of time.

submitted by /u/RookR4ven
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RookR4ven, May 29, 2020

2. Sticky Note Missing

Hi KeithRawlings,

I'm Charles, an Independent advisor trying to help.

Let's see if with the following steps we can solve the problem:

1.- Open >> Sticky notes, when located on the taskbar (Right click on the option) >> Select: List of Notes, now check if your note is in that list.

2.- Follow the steps suggested by the Windows MVP in your article

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-sticky-notes-lost...

I hope the steps work for you

Attentive to any comments

Have a happy day

Best Regards,

Charles.

CharlesJones32, May 29, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    sticky notes

Hello,

Sticky notes may have encountered a system file corruption that caused this. We suggest that you run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    for this issue. Meanwhile, we also recommend that you reset your Sticky Notes app by following the steps below:

• Click the Windows icon and click Settings.
    • Click System, and then click Apps & features on the left menu.
    • Click on Sticky Notes on the list found on your right menu, click
      Advanced options link, and click the Reset button.
    • Click the Reset button again when you see the confirmation dialog to reset Sticky Notes app.
    • Close the Settings window and check your Sticky Notes app.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, May 29, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Sticky Notes won't let me see the list of Notes I have anymore?

sticky notes

Thank you for getting back to us. To recover Sticky Notes backup from plum.sqlite, kindly try the steps below:

• Find and open plum.sqlite file with Notepad, Microsoft Word or Wordpad.
    • View and find the lost notes in the plum.sqlite file, copy the exact notes that you lost and and paste to a new Sticky Notes so to recover it.

Kindly get back to us and let know the results.

Xylee Del, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Sticky Notes won't let me see the list of Notes I have anymore?

1. Sticky Notes won't let me see the list of Notes I have anymore? - Similar Threads - Sticky Notes won't

2. Sticky Notes Won't load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Notes Won't load: I just received a NEW computer from my workplace to work from home. However, when I try to load the notes app in my Microsoft account which is connected to my work account, it just won't load the loop of death appears and it does not load up. I have tried shutting down my...
  3. Sticky notes won't download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Sticky notes won't download: Sticky notes won't download from the Microsoft app store. I used to have it on my Windows 10 OS, but when I got my computer fixed from a strange incident, sticky notes would no longer open, and I when I clicked on the app to download it from the store, a blank window would...
  4. Sticky notes won't download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky notes won't download: Sticky notes won't download from the Microsoft app store. I used to have it on my Windows 10 OS, but when I got my computer fixed from a strange incident, sticky notes would no longer open, and I when I clicked on the app to download it from the store, a blank window would...
  5. Sticky notes won't download

6. Sticky notes list of notes can't resize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky notes list of notes can't resize: I have the French version of Sticky notes. There's an option called LISTE DE NOTES which contains all the notes I've created. For some reason it's maximized to take over the entire screen and I can't find any option to resize it. Where is it? Or how do I resize the list?...
  7. Sticky Note "Notes List"

Sticky Note "Notes List": I opened up my computer after a recent software update and now the sticky note "notes list" is a blank, white, note. I have rebooted my computer multiple times. The notes I had open the day of the update are on my computer and still open. Any closed notes are now in this...
  8. Sticky Notes List Problem

Sticky Notes List Problem: My sticky notes window suddenly started looking like this. No more minimize button and a big gap of nothing on the side....Why? How do I fix it? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes-list-problem/7ae8cc87-b000-4cc3-aee8-05c611321b52
  9. Sticky Notes won't launch

Sticky Notes won't launch: I'm using Outlook 365. On another computer, quite by accident, I discovered Sticky Notes. I started using them for a few months, they're OK not like older versions you could actually stick to the desktop, but... anyway, I found out that the program is associated with...
  10. How to open a sticky note from the "Notes List"?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to open a sticky note from the "Notes List"?: Sticky Notes crashed and closed out of the note that I was taking on it. I found said note in the "Notes List" but can't seem to figure out how to open it. Clicking on it does nothing. Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab don't do anything either. Right clicking just shows "Close" and...