Windows 10: sticky notes

Discus and support sticky notes in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently IT reconfigured my computer to Windows 10 update. They reinstalled all my files, including my Sticky Notes. However, my Sticky Notes now keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jals2004, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Jals2004 Win User

sticky notes

Recently IT reconfigured my computer to Windows 10 update. They reinstalled all my files, including my Sticky Notes. However, my Sticky Notes now keep vanishing. I read some online things about how to find the backups but it appears that I don't even have the Sticky Notes app anymore (not sure how the Sticky Notes are even on my desktop at all then, although they are clearly not "sticky" at present). What do you recommend that I do? I am losing vital to do lists here......

:)

Jals2004, Jul 23, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

sticky notes

Hello,

Sticky notes may have encountered a system file corruption that caused this. We suggest that you run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    for this issue. Meanwhile, we also recommend that you reset your Sticky Notes app by following the steps below:

• Click the Windows icon and click Settings.
    • Click System, and then click Apps & features on the left menu.
    • Click on Sticky Notes on the list found on your right menu, click
      Advanced options link, and click the Reset button.
    • Click the Reset button again when you see the confirmation dialog to reset Sticky Notes app.
    • Close the Settings window and check your Sticky Notes app.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Jul 23, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Sticky Notes

Hi Angie,

There are several factors why your sticky notes may have an issue. It can be due to outdated application or wrong configuration settings. To better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried checking the Settings?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you may follow the steps provided by Jaz333
    on this
    thread
    . It will let you use the old sticky notes.

Keeps us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jul 23, 2019
  4. sticky notes

Sticky Note Error?

Hi,

To further help you with your concern about the sticky note, we suggest using System File Checking in Windows 10. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, then select Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Enter sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/").

Let us know how it goes.

Wilfred Mac, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

sticky notes

1. sticky notes - Similar Threads - sticky notes

2. How do I pin sticky notes to the bottom bar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I pin sticky notes to the bottom bar?: I had it pinned on my old computer but I got a new computer and it does seem to appear so I cannot pin it? submitted by /u/jnk456 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l0183i/how_do_i_pin_sticky_notes_to_the_bottom_bar/
  3. Is there any way to get back locally saved sticky notes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to get back locally saved sticky notes?: Sticky notes was glitching out and I could not make a new note, and somewhere it was suggested to uninstall the app to fix the issue. So, I uninstalled sticky notes because it said my documents would not be affected so I assumed my sticky notes were safe. Well, turns out...
  4. Windows Sticky Notes Random X Through Notes List?!? New Update?!?

Windows Sticky Notes Random X Through Notes List?!? New Update?!?: If you look carefully, you can see an dark black X going through the notes on the Notes List. What is this and when did this get added? Why was it added? Someone who knows something about this, please kindly let us know down below. I would really appreciate it! [ATTACH]...
  5. How can one resize an image in Sticky Notes?

How can one resize an image in Sticky Notes?: How can one resize an image in Sticky Notes? If this is not a feature, can it be added? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-one-resize-an-image-in-sticky-notes/98b54a9e-449a-42d9-87da-21522c6862dc
  6. Ctrl+z (undo) function doesn't work on Sticky Note all of a sudden.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ctrl+z (undo) function doesn't work on Sticky Note all of a sudden.: Ctrl+z does nothing and right click menu's undo look greyed out. Anyone knows why this is happening? submitted by /u/notakarmagun [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ktp40e/ctrlz_undo_function_doesnt_work_on_sticky_note/
  7. Is Sticky Notes closed if there are many notes ?

Is Sticky Notes closed if there are many notes ?: Hi everyone, I have used Sticky NotesSN for a long time, one day when I open SN, it loaded all of my notes then closed. I tried to backup my data and reset app. I opened SN without data and it worked fine. Then I recover data with the backed up data and open SN, it loaded...
  8. Sticky Notes Restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sticky Notes Restore: Can someone help me find my Sticky Notes folder?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes-restore/5cf1dc71-379f-403e-bdaf-7f7a0d115221
  9. MS Sticky Notes Writing with ink limited to the size of the note

MS Sticky Notes Writing with ink limited to the size of the note: I am trying to write down recipes and things on my surface with Microsoft Sticky notes. I'm writing it with the surface pen, but the note won't provide any extra space to scroll and continue writing. Does anyone know a fix for this? Added note: It gives me extra space when...
  10. Sticky Notes - Having trouble with getting rid of strikethrough on bullet points.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Sticky Notes - Having trouble with getting rid of strikethrough on bullet points.: Turning off and on strikethrough seems to work fine with regular text. However, it is annoying that after I add it to bullet points, the strikethrough just won't go away. [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sticky notes cant open and minimise a list anymore