Windows 10: StickyNotes issue

Discus and support StickyNotes issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since the last Windows Updates, I kept getting the "How do you want to open this file?" message each time I open the Notes list. Since I didn't see any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dolpha, May 27, 2024.

1. dolpha Win User

StickyNotes issue

Since the last Windows Updates, I kept getting the "How do you want to open this file?" message each time I open the Notes list. Since I didn't see any likely right option or the exe file, I finally clicked OK for "Always use this app to open.MicrosoftStickyNotes_xxxxxx App files," as the message suggested. Since then, each time I open the Notes list, I'm directed to a browser with the following link and message:file:///C:/Users/<username>/Desktop/Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes_xxxxxx!App Although all notes in StickyNotes seem to be synched with OneNote on my phone and Outlook

:)

dolpha, May 27, 2024

2. Issues with Stickynotes corrupted in Windows 10 1809

Did someone face issues related to Stickynotes corruption in windows 10 1809

• Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the stickynotes from PowerShell and windows apps
    • Tried uninstalling sticky and installing from store ,it works most of the times but sometimes it doesn't .
    Anymore ideas which can be done something like copying registries from woking computer or etc

ArjunSingh5, May 27, 2024
  3. StickyNotes not auto-start with Windows

Hi,

after the last update, when I start Windows, StickyNotes don't start automatically even if StikyNot.exe is listed in the startup programs. I have to start it manually.

What can I do?

Thanks, D.

DanielePaolini, May 27, 2024
  4. Motim Win User

StickyNotes issue

Remove "StickyNotes"

Hello,"StickyNotes" started annoying on the desktop, so from the programs list I clicked to uninstall it.It was yesterday.Today when I started my computer, it was there again.How do i get rid of it permanently with all its related files from "windowsApps" or anywhere.
    Attached screenshot list of the related files. Answers will be appreciated.Thanks

Win 10 1903 x64 winver 18362.997

Motim, May 27, 2024
Thema:

StickyNotes issue

1. StickyNotes issue - Similar Threads - StickyNotes issue

2. StickyNotes issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    StickyNotes issue: Since the last Windows Updates, I kept getting the "How do you want to open this file?" message each time I open the Notes list. Since I didn't see any likely right option or the exe file, I finally clicked OK for "Always use this app to open.MicrosoftStickyNotes_xxxxxx App...
  3. Is this a safe PowerShell Command for fixing StickyNote won't open?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this a safe PowerShell Command for fixing StickyNote won't open?: I have been searching for a fix for my StickyNote since it just loads up but then my sticky notes won't show up and the app will automatically close itself. Then I came across this PowerShell command which was said to solve the issue:Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name...
  4. Is this a safe PowerShell Command for fixing StickyNote won't open?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is this a safe PowerShell Command for fixing StickyNote won't open?: I have been searching for a fix for my StickyNote since it just loads up but then my sticky notes won't show up and the app will automatically close itself. Then I came across this PowerShell command which was said to solve the issue:Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name...
  5. after windows 10 update 22H2 my StickyNotes only brings up a single blank note and none of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after windows 10 update 22H2 my StickyNotes only brings up a single blank note and none of...: the following files are here:%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalStateplum.sqlite 752 KBplum.sqlite-shm 32 KBplum.sqlite-wal 4,052 KB How can I make StickyNotes read them OR at least extract the data from these sqlite files ??After update...
  6. after windows 10 update 22H2 my StickyNotes only brings up a single blank note and none of...

after windows 10 update 22H2 my StickyNotes only brings up a single blank note and none of...: the following files are here:%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalStateplum.sqlite 752 KBplum.sqlite-shm 32 KBplum.sqlite-wal 4,052 KB How can I make StickyNotes read them OR at least extract the data from these sqlite files ??After update...
  7. How do i get my previous stickynotes back after a factory reset?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i get my previous stickynotes back after a factory reset?: I had to do a factory reset in which Windows STUPIDLY failed to provide an option for " save apps".I was not aware that stickynotes was classed as an app- no matter how silly that may sound and after the reset i noticed that the contents of the stickynotes had goneIs there a...
  8. How do i get my previous stickynotes back after a factory reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i get my previous stickynotes back after a factory reset?: I had to do a factory reset in which Windows STUPIDLY failed to provide an option for " save apps".I was not aware that stickynotes was classed as an app- no matter how silly that may sound and after the reset i noticed that the contents of the stickynotes had goneIs there a...
  9. How do i get my previous stickynotes back after a factory reset?

10. Issues with Stickynotes corrupted in Windows 10 1809

Issues with Stickynotes corrupted in Windows 10 1809: Did someone face issues related to Stickynotes corruption in windows 10 1809 Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the stickynotes from PowerShell and windows apps Tried uninstalling sticky and installing from store ,it works most of the times but sometimes it doesn't ....