Windows 10: STILL CANNOT CLEAN INSTALL WIN 10 ver 1903

Discus and support STILL CANNOT CLEAN INSTALL WIN 10 ver 1903 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; greetings, my laptop is an: alienware 17 r5 win 10 x64bit 128 gb ssd 1 tb hdd 16gb ram 1050 gtx 1year old. never dropped it. no hardware issue.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChristusInkhardt, Jul 18, 2019.

1. STILL CANNOT CLEAN INSTALL WIN 10 ver 1903

greetings, my laptop is an:

alienware 17 r5

win 10 x64bit

128 gb ssd

1 tb hdd

16gb ram

1050 gtx

1year old. never dropped it. no hardware issue.

healthy ssd. healthy usb drive.

Last time i had a problem installing win10. Nothing i found in the internet works.

here's the detail of my first question/inquiry: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/cannot-clean-install-windows-10-on-alienware-17/7f8dcf67-e96f-4bd4-b2d3-06673dd58397?tm=1562914581500

BUT, recently i found a way to install windows and make it to the desktop. The conditions are supposedly:

-i have to use the windows installation media by microsoft, not dell os recovery

-uefi. legacy off. secureboot off

-the lan cable must be connected

Now, i thought i fixed it but, when i restarted it, it goes either "winload efi error 0xc0000225" or automatic repair loop. EVERYTIME.

Ofcourse none of these worked: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-0xc0000225-with-a-recurring-loop/7612df1b-5ab2-4f07-bed4-fb9f9e955e0e?linkId=70742420

in method 1:

"automatic repair couldnt repair your pc"

in method 2:

2.1. fixboot - access is denied (bootsec/nt60sys fixed nothing as well.)

2.2. rebuildbcd - detected windows installed = 0

(trying to solve these little errors did nothing.)

WHAT CAN I DO TO CLEAN INSTALL WINDOWS? i dont understand. i formatted and fully cleaned my ssd. it is healthy.. my installation media usb drive is healthy. so why windows wont install correctly?

:)

ChristusInkhardt, Jul 18, 2019
  2. kajson Win User

Win 10 clean install question

So I spend the day yesterday installing the computer, using a prepared usb key with windows 10 on it.

I got it all sorted in the end but I'll share my fails anyways so others might learn:

Do not try to do a clean install win with win 10 home N, when you come from a machine with just win 10 home. It won't activate *Wink STILL CANNOT CLEAN INSTALL WIN 10 ver 1903 ;) After reinstalling with the right copy, it was already activated right away after the first boot, didn't even have to initialise it.

There hasn't changed a whole lot in making clean install compared to older versions of windows, it's slightly better streamlined, though being asked at 3 different stages to enter a product key when it's not needed during install seems a bit annoying.

Further more it would be lovely if Microsoft finally learned to ask ALL questions regarding preferences updates and whatnot in one go, so you can then go away from your computer and come back to a fully installed/updated system including reboots.. Not impossible I would say.

There's still some little bugs, like when I installed realtek audio drivers, they'd go into an infinite loop asking for reboot and install the driver. And as a PDF reader isn't in the list of standard programs to select, foxitreader keeps saying it is not the default reader for pdf's even though I had said yes to the question 3x. If this fails to get file associations for PDF's I do hope Microsoft will fix this asap.

Thanks for the fast answers earlier guys, it gave me the confidence that all would be well, even when I cocked up the first install with the N version.

kajson, Jul 18, 2019
  3. EshonEd.EDW, Jul 18, 2019
  4. STILL CANNOT CLEAN INSTALL WIN 10 ver 1903

Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

STILL CANNOT CLEAN INSTALL WIN 10 ver 1903

1. STILL CANNOT CLEAN INSTALL WIN 10 ver 1903 - Similar Threads - STILL CANNOT CLEAN

2. Upgraded from Win 10 vers. 1903 to Win 10 vers. 1909 and got problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgraded from Win 10 vers. 1903 to Win 10 vers. 1909 and got problems: When a user of the PC logs into my application for the first time, they are able to open it. When they log out of the application and log back into it, it produces an error stating that the application will close and when accepted, the application closes. Rebooting the PC...
  3. Cannot upgrade to Win 10 ver 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot upgrade to Win 10 ver 1909: I am currently running ver 1803 on an HP6030n with an AMD 64X2 4800+ processor. I have tried updating to ver 1909 numerous times and always get the message that windows could not configure some of my devices and goes back to ver. 1803. I have no external devices connected and...
  4. Win 10 ver 1903 update/install error - After 1903 install, system reports "Up to date" but...

Win 10 ver 1903 update/install error - After 1903 install, system reports "Up to date" but...: I used the Windows Update in the Settings window to check for updates and install Win 10 version 1903. My system was running version 1803. After the install, with no reported errors, the 'Winver' command and the 'Settings>About' window report Windows 10 version 1803. I...
  5. Win 10 upgrade to ver 1903 keeps failing

Win 10 upgrade to ver 1903 keeps failing: I have a HP Pavillion laptop with AMD processor that I cannot get upgraded to ver 1903. I have tried the Upgrade Assistant online, have created a bootable USB drive, and bootable CD/DVD disk. Have tried each at least twice with same results, I keep getting a 0xc1901130...
  6. clean install of 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    clean install of 1903: hi joydeep sir i did clean install of 1903 by chatting with micrsooft techs today and after i did clean install of 1903 today i activate windows and start check for windows update and while updating windows my few updates for windows 10 1903 got failed so i ran update...
  7. Keep Checking WIN 10, ver 1903 UPDATES

Keep Checking WIN 10, ver 1903 UPDATES: I waited until last week to upgrade to ver 1903 on my laptops. Today, I checked for updates and there were 4 updates pertaining to version 1903. I do have a habit of checking for updates every Wednesday, as I like to make sure all of my laptops are WIN 10 ready. Been that...
  8. clean install of 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    clean install of 1903: hi joydeep sir i forgot to disconnect my internet during windows installation of 1903 ,so just asking will it have any issue as i forgot to disconnect my internet.i am using windows 10 home sl 64 bit 1903...
  9. ver 1903

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    ver 1903: just installed new asus monitor, device manager only showing generic pnp, i have done this before but have no idea why it is not recognized 135083
  10. ver 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    ver 1903: just installed new asus monitor, device manager only showing generic pnp, i have done this before but have no idea why it is not recognized 135083

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1903 clean install