Windows 10: Still cant edit Start Menu

Discus and support Still cant edit Start Menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I still don't have a choice to edit the Start Menu.Still stuck with a stupid alphabetically list with the folder not on top.I have tried leaving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BRANDON_816, Jan 28, 2022.

1. Still cant edit Start Menu

I still don't have a choice to edit the Start Menu.Still stuck with a stupid alphabetically list with the folder not on top.I have tried leaving feedback, but issue is still occuring.

:)

BRANDON_816, Jan 28, 2022
  2. Drybonz Win User

Editing Start Menu

In all versions of Windows in the past, I have been able to edit and arrange program shortcuts and folders on the start menu.

In Windows 10, I can open the folders containing the start menu items and make the desired changes, deletes, etc... but the changes are never reflected in the start menu... even after multiple reboots.

Has anyone done this successfully? Am I missing a step or going about it all wrong?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Drybonz, Jan 28, 2022
  3. I can't seem to be able to edit the tiles on the start menu with Windows 10?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• What exactly happens when you try to edit the tiles on the start menu?
    • Aren't you able to organize the tiles?

If you have tried it on the Start Menu style, we would suggest you to check in the full screen style and check.

To do so,

• Right click on an empty space in the desktop screen and select Personalize.
    • Click Start and then move the slider to the right to turn on full screen and then try to edit the tiles and check
    Thank you.

Ravinath P, Jan 28, 2022
  4. decimus Win User

Still cant edit Start Menu

Start menu icons background edit

I'm trying to make the start menu look more or less color-consistent, but some apps in the list stand out and create contrast. Is there a way to edit the icon background to make it the same blue as the rest in the list? I know how to change the shortcut icon but couldn't find the ones with an identical blue background.

Still cant edit Start Menu [​IMG]

decimus, Jan 28, 2022
Thema:

Still cant edit Start Menu

1. Still cant edit Start Menu - Similar Threads - Still cant edit

2. Still cant edit Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still cant edit Start Menu: I still don't have a choice to edit the Start Menu.Still stuck with a stupid alphabetically list with the folder not on top.I have tried leaving feedback, but issue is still occuring....
  3. Still cant edit Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Still cant edit Start Menu: I still don't have a choice to edit the Start Menu.Still stuck with a stupid alphabetically list with the folder not on top.I have tried leaving feedback, but issue is still occuring....
  4. Editing Start menu tile sizes

in Windows 10 Support
    Editing Start menu tile sizes: Is there a way to change the two square tile sizes offered? Currently, they are 150px and 50px. I would like to reduce the larger to 75px, which would would be a legible solution for laptop displays. 159617
  5. Cant type in start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant type in start menu: Hello, whenever I start my computer, I can't search anything on the start menu, but when I do C:\Windows\System32\ctfmon.exe on the run thing, it works. Aside from that, I'm seeing problems on my windows such as a lot of apps will just immediately close when I try to open it,...
  6. Start menu icons background edit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu icons background edit: I'm trying to make the start menu look more or less color-consistent, but some apps in the list stand out and create contrast. Is there a way to edit the icon background to make it the same blue as the rest in the list? I know how to change the shortcut icon but couldn't find...
  7. Can't edit start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't edit start menu: When I try to pin something to the start menu, the first item generally works. But when I try to pin a second one, the start menu freezes and after pressing the window key a couple times, it goes back to how it originally was. After pinning the first item, I tried naming...
  8. Editing Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Editing Start Menu: In all versions of Windows in the past, I have been able to edit and arrange program shortcuts and folders on the start menu. In Windows 10, I can open the folders containing the start menu items and make the desired changes, deletes, etc... but the changes are never...
  9. Start menu, still messy?!

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu, still messy?!: Any option, to make my start menu a little bit useful? I only have 4 recelty installed apps on the top, the rest of it is full of softwares in aphabetical order *Sad I dont care of those, but there is no option to hide them. SHow me a video, or any instruction, how to...
  10. Editing The Start Menu Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Editing The Start Menu Apps: Just a quick solution here rather than a question! I have a number of small system apps that don't have an install, so normally I would just create folders and menus in the Start Menu Apps folder - C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs But Windows 10...