Windows 10: Still can't get the Windows 10 2004 Update!

Discus and support Still can't get the Windows 10 2004 Update! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft, I am one of those waiting for the Windows 10 2004 update. I can't get it because of the Conexant Audio issue. Now, it's nearly a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Steve Snell, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Still can't get the Windows 10 2004 Update!

Dear Microsoft,

I am one of those waiting for the Windows 10 2004 update. I can't get it because of the Conexant Audio issue.

Now, it's nearly a year on and it's not been fixed.

I'm a developer since Windows was born that needs to keep up to date with the latest.

So, please get your act together and get this problem sorted.

It's annoying and it's not something I expected. The PC I'm using is an up-to-date one < 18 months so you can't class it as obsolete or not supported any more.

Regards,

Steve.

:)

Steve Snell, Mar 5, 2021
  2. blzmn Win User

2004 update windows 10 error 0x80070002

Hello everyone,

thanks to some of the suggestions here and to some from other sources I have managed to fix the 0x80070002 error breaking up my feature update to 2004.

For completeness' sake and since it may help others, the following steps worked for me.

1. Download Media Creation Tool from Microsoft's official website
    2. Create a bootable USB drive with the MCT
    3. Boot up from this USB Drive
    4. Choose install settings, click 'Next', but on the next screen select "Repair your computer" instead of "Install"
    5. Choose "Troubleshoot" -> "Startup Repair" and let it finish
    6. Restart into Windows and attempt the usual Windows update
    It looks like the BCD on my computer had been damaged by the boot loader (Windows 10 + Recovery partition) and running the "Startup Repair" from the installation USB Drive corrected the errors.

blzmn, Mar 5, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Still can't get the Windows 10 2004 Update!

Having problem update to Windows 10, version 2004

Hi,

I'm Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor & I understand from the description that your encountering error while installing the latest windows updates so I suggest you follow the below instructions to upgrade the windows to the latest version 2004 manually
    following the below steps.

Latest Windows Feature Pack 2004 update manually steps:

Step: 1

Open the link below

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Step 2:

Click Update which will download the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant

Step 3:

Run the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant & then click Update now.

Step 4: It will start downloading the update and also shows the percentage of download.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

Still can't get the Windows 10 2004 Update!

1. Still can't get the Windows 10 2004 Update! - Similar Threads - Still can't 2004

2. still can't get win 10 to update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    still can't get win 10 to update: audio still won't work and now security center won't open and still stuck in the update loop of downloading and then failing to update and then re downloading and failing to update .....on and on and on and on and on....... this is a nightmare days turn in to weeks into more...
  3. I still cannot get the 1909 to 2004 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I still cannot get the 1909 to 2004 update: Well, after three times or more I still cannot get the 1909 to 2004 update my wife's Dell laptop so she will just stick with what works. By the time M$ figures out how her PC will have to be pitched out and she gets a MAC. Yeah, I have tried almost every stupid suggestion...
  4. Still can't update to 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Still can't update to 2004: Windows update assistant fails in second boot phase. It's no longer offered to me through the normal Windows Update. Let me know if you need any other info, here's my windowsupdate.log https://we.tl/t-2vxyE1bpeO submitted by /u/ryanvsrobots [link] [comments]...
  5. Can't Update to Windows 10 2004

Can't Update to Windows 10 2004: Hello. I can't update to version 2004 from 1903. The option comes up, but never installs. Please help if you can![ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-update-to-windows-10-2004/a0470fad-e27e-41bf-b490-c36b76d253d8
  6. Can't update to Windows 10 2004

Can't update to Windows 10 2004: Tried installing Windows 10 2004 via Windows 10 Update Assistant. The Update Assistant restarted my PC, then just loaded the lock screen as normal after a longer than usual boot time. Tried methods on...
  7. Still i did not get Windows 10, version 2004 update!

Still i did not get Windows 10, version 2004 update!: Its been 3 months still my PC did not get the Windows 10 version 2004 update on my device, can any one please help me to fix this issue and get my device update to Version 2004 update. This is the screenshot for reference. [ATTACH]...
  8. Windows 10 Enterprise 1909 still no 2004 update

Windows 10 Enterprise 1909 still no 2004 update: It's August there's still no sign of the 2004 update (at least for me) I've been manually checking for Updates everyday for the past 2 months and my hardware isn't that old.. Hardware : Intel Core i7-8700 + Gigabyte Z370 HD3 motherboard with updated BIOS to the latest OS :...
  9. Still waiting for the 2004 update

Still waiting for the 2004 update: Does anyone have a clear timeline for when the Windows 10 2004 update will be available for all platforms. I run a daily update check. The message concerning the 2004 update which shows on the update page has changed a bit since early May. The current one reads "The...
  10. It's 8th of July and still can't get the 2004 update

It's 8th of July and still can't get the 2004 update: So yesterday I got my computer fixed and replace a new hard disk, I installed all the updates except the 2004 one which It still says "The Windows 10 May 2020 update is on it's way. Once it's ready for your device, you'll see the update available on this page". It's fucking...