Windows 10: Still can't run anything as admin when right clicking

Discus and support Still can't run anything as admin when right clicking in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Only way I can run something as admin is creating a shortcut on desktop, going to Properties > Advanced > Run as administrator. Nothing else works.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/moob9, Dec 23, 2019.

1. /u/moob9 Win User

Still can't run anything as admin when right clicking

Only way I can run something as admin is creating a shortcut on desktop, going to Properties > Advanced > Run as administrator. Nothing else works.

Things I have tried:
    sfc /scannow
    New user profile
    Tried disabling every possible service

I really CBA to format, but if there's nothing else I guess I'll have to.

submitted by /u/moob9
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/moob9, Dec 23, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

running DOS as ADMIN

I suggested that in post #4 but @bromberg doesn't seem to have tried it yet...

3. Matt18 Win User
    admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Dec 23, 2019
  4. Still can't run anything as admin when right clicking

Windows 10 Right click

Hi Lee,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run system file checker scan and check the issue.

Sfc /scannow will inspect all of the important Windows files on your computer, including Windows DLL files. If System File Checker finds an issue with any of these protected files, it will replace it.

Follow the steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt (Admin).
    • At the Command Prompt, type:
      sfc/scannow
    I also suggest you to update the graphics card drivers/display drivers from manufacturer website and check if it resolves the issue.

• Open Device Manager.

• Expand ‘Display Adapter’.

• Locate the display driver.

• Right-click on the display card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’
    Hope it helps.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

Still can't run anything as admin when right clicking

1. Still can't run anything as admin when right clicking - Similar Threads - Still can't run

2. Can't "run as admin" for anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't "run as admin" for anything: It all started with a memory issue. I replaced the ram and that fixed my first problem. Now whenever I try to open anything as admin I get "One or more copies of data on this device may be out of sync. No writes may be performed until data integrity scan is completed."Things...
  3. Can't "run as admin" for anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't "run as admin" for anything: It all started with a memory issue. I replaced the ram and that fixed my first problem. Now whenever I try to open anything as admin I get "One or more copies of data on this device may be out of sync. No writes may be performed until data integrity scan is completed."Things...
  4. Can't run anything with ADMIN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't run anything with ADMIN: My pc either error codes me like the screenshot or just freezes and crashes the program I also cannot run any new downloads. I also can not factory reboot my pc....
  5. Can't run anything with ADMIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run anything with ADMIN: My pc either error codes me like the screenshot or just freezes and crashes the program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-run-anything-with-admin/34f2efa2-990c-4b98-8d15-b887ac05daf2
  6. Can't run anything with ADMIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't run anything with ADMIN: My pc either error codes me like the screenshot or just freezes and crashes the program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-run-anything-with-admin/34f2efa2-990c-4b98-8d15-b887ac05daf2
  7. Can't run anything as admin anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't run anything as admin anymore: [ATTACH] Help! Whenever I try to run something as an admin, the UAC pops up but there's no field to enter the admin password so it doesn't work. I can't even turn UAC on because I get a popup but same problem... Any idea? Build: 19042.870...
  8. Can't right click anything in taskbar

Can't right click anything in taskbar: Following an update I had a few days ago, I can no longer right click anything on my taskbar. It still seems to register that I am right clicking on those icons, as the icon lights up as though I had right clicked on it, but there is no other interaction. submitted by...
  9. Can't run almost anything as admin

Can't run almost anything as admin: submitted by /u/moob9 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/do6b4l/cant_run_almost_anything_as_admin/
  10. Can't run anything as admin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't run anything as admin: I updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Now I can't run anything as administrator. I just receive File system error (-1073741819) The annoying thing about the problem is that it means I can't actually run cmd in order to run sfc /scannow - although I did manage to run...