Windows 10: Still Can't Use Multiple Yahoo Accounts In Mail App?

Discus and support Still Can't Use Multiple Yahoo Accounts In Mail App? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have multiple email addresses that I manage. Some of them are my own (professional, personal, etc.) and some of them are for family members I take... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by QHG, Jan 31, 2019.

1. QHG
    QHG Win User

Still Can't Use Multiple Yahoo Accounts In Mail App?

I have multiple email addresses that I manage. Some of them are my own (professional, personal, etc.) and some of them are for family members I take care of/assist. Due to this I have multiple email addresses from Yahoo that I need to have synced to my mail app. It seems that the mail app just isn't having it though. All the research I've found, questions, etc seem to indicate that it's just sort of 'tough luck' if you have more than one you need to manage. I can't do that, they're all important. The mail app is supposed to make my life easier, what's the point in using it at all if I still have to go to another site just to log in to emails?

Is there a fix for this that I have just not found?

To clarify, as soon as I add more than ONE Yahoo email account, they each start popping up saying the account needs to be fixed. Doesn't matter what account I log in to first and then second and so on. So for example:

Yahoo Email 1 - Works and syncs fine.

Yahoo Email 2 - Account errors, please fix your account

Yahoo Email 3 - Account errors, please fix your account

I have also already gone into my yahoo emails and changed the security setting to allow third party apps with lesser authentication/security, so that's not the issue. Currently I'm forced to forward all of the Yahoo emails I can't log into to my main email address which doesn't always happen and if I want to ensure something didn't go to junk I still have to log in to the yahoo website to check those folders.

Is this Yahoo's way of staying separate from Microsoft or is Microsoft doing something about this issue so that we can access all our email accounts in what is supposed to be a convenient app?

:)

2. Yahoo mail - alternative accounts

Sounds promising, I have a Gmail account. How do I verify the Yahoo account using it ?

I have sent several Gmails to john @yahoo.com, but all I get are mail failure emails back saying the account is not available. I also did this with OE a few times with the same result.

Why `o why can`t Yahoo be more explicit in their instructions. I am no dummy, but I give in on this one.

Bald Eagle, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Ztruker Win User
    Mail APP insecure according to Yahoo

I was setting up my Yahoo account in the Windows Mail App. I received this from Yahoo:

Ztruker, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Mustang Win User

Yahoo account won't receive mail

I've started using Mail app in Wndows 10 on a trial basis, on my desktop PC.

I've added my Yahoo mail account and can send emails but cannot receive them.

I tried using a solution offered in a post on another thread, by logging into my Yahoo account, and going to security to add a specific password for my account for apps, but cannot find any option to do this.

The only option it offers is to use/disable less secure options.

Any help would be appreciated.

Update: Mail started being received 30 minutes after I had sent it from another email client.

Gripes about Mail app:

• Emails can't be saved to desktop
    • Font defaults can't be set size and text chosen, eg Arial

Mustang, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Still Can't Use Multiple Yahoo Accounts In Mail App? - Similar Threads - Still Can't Multiple

2. yahoo mail app!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    yahoo mail app!: Hi again, at present for yahoo mail I use a live tile which I created myself, went onto the yahoo login online and then installed has a live tile. Is the yahoo mail app still available and would it be better to use? I see it advertised online but can't find in the store! The...
  3. yahoo mail app!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    yahoo mail app!: Hi again, at present for yahoo mail I use a live tile which I created myself, went onto the yahoo login online and then installed has a live tile. Is the yahoo mail app still available and would it be better to use? I see it advertised online but can't find in the store! The...
  4. yahoo mail app!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app: I can click on the form to add another account and clicking on Yahoo! I get a window with a Yahoo login form, I put in my user name then click continue and instead of being proposed a password form I get this empty window:What should I do to add my Yahoo email account to...
  6. Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app

Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app: I can click on the form to add another account and clicking on Yahoo! I get a window with a Yahoo login form, I put in my user name then click continue and instead of being proposed a password form I get this empty window:What should I do to add my Yahoo email account to...
  7. Unable to send mails from yahoo and google accounts using mail app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to send mails from yahoo and google accounts using mail app: From last one month I am not able to send mails from yahoo and google accounts using mail app or other applications blue mail, Thunderbird mail clients. The issue are: i Issue is only with sending mails. Mails are received normally in Ymail and Gmail.ii Outlook account is...
  8. mail app/yahoo

mail app/yahoo: I am getting a message on the mail app saying my yahoo account data is out of date. When I go to fix it I get a Ox8019019a error code. What do I do to fix this problem. I am on Windows 10. My computer is updated. Thanks....
  9. can't logon to yahoo mail account

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't logon to yahoo mail account: keep getting an error message that something went wrong, trying to login to my yahoo account on my desktop computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-logon-to-yahoo-mail-account/65227423-b4a6-4f52-9de0-7d5a4fc5c1b1
  10. Mail App giving error for Yahoo but still downloading

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App giving error for Yahoo but still downloading: Let me preface this by saying this is my first time using an all in one mail app and so far I am loving the windows 10 experience and this mail issue is the only hiccup I am experiencing. When trying to sync with my yahoo account I continually receive the error 0x80040902....