Windows 10: STILL ! Further to earlier ... Windows 10 refreshing constantly

Discus and support STILL ! Further to earlier ... Windows 10 refreshing constantly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Tried all that has been suggested and I now really want to throw the machine through the 'window'. All that hasn't worked - new user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rockngravel, Dec 15, 2019.

1. STILL ! Further to earlier ... Windows 10 refreshing constantly

Tried all that has been suggested and I now really want to throw the machine through the 'window'.

All that hasn't worked -

new user

disabling/enabling

full system reset

msconfig

and much, much more !

I am past wits end...

:)

rockngravel, Dec 15, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Desktop constantly refreshing

Hi, some ideas here:
    Windows 10 Taskbar and Desktop Constantly Refreshing - Microsoft Community
    BEST FIX: Stop Windows 10 Taskbar and Desktop Refreshing - Appuals.com

Another observation:
    Windows 10 Desktop Constant Refresh: how can I stop the constant refreshing? - Windows Central Forums
    ...had the constant refresh problem
    Fixed it thus: First switching off WiFi, then right click on start button, select the shutdown sign off and select shutdown
    Then boot pc as normal - leave to do all its stuff - suggest about a couple of minutes - switch wifi back on and all was as it should be.

Another:
    Uninstall IDT Audio (if installed).

System Restore can be unreliable. Restore now doesn't work for me with a particular message which has rarely been reported.

Having read the above, if no help, then basics:
    a. Does it happen in Safe Mode?
    b. Does it happen after a clean boot?

dalchina, Dec 15, 2019
  3. Windows 10 constantly refreshes

I had just installed windows 10 to my desktop from windows 8. Everything looked good, i signed in and waited a few minutes then it started to refresh. Can't click on anything because it constantly refreshes. Im not tech savy HELP

kflores671, Dec 15, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

STILL ! Further to earlier ... Windows 10 refreshing constantly

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

STILL ! Further to earlier ... Windows 10 refreshing constantly

1. STILL ! Further to earlier ... Windows 10 refreshing constantly - Similar Threads - STILL Further earlier

2. Deleted languages installed earlier are still there

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted languages installed earlier are still there: Hi,I need help:Earlier I had 3 languages installed - English, Russian, and Portuguese. Then I removed the Portuguese Time & Language > Language & region > Remove language so that only English and Russian were left.I also had shortcuts set for each language earlier - Ctrl+1...
  3. Deleted languages installed earlier are still there

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted languages installed earlier are still there: Hi,I need help:Earlier I had 3 languages installed - English, Russian, and Portuguese. Then I removed the Portuguese Time & Language > Language & region > Remove language so that only English and Russian were left.I also had shortcuts set for each language earlier - Ctrl+1...
  4. Windows 10 and Google Chrome constantly refresh

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 and Google Chrome constantly refresh: This has happened for over a year between two different computers and I am sick of it. About after an hour in another game I switch tabs into the desktop or GC but this results in the programs bugging out where if i click on the desktop the apps become invisible and when I...
  5. Windows Explorer Requires Constant Refreshing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer Requires Constant Refreshing?: My Windows 10 64-bit workstation is very stable, and has been so for at least 2 years. Never crashes or locks up. Easily the best and most reliable Windows workstation I've ever owned. However, recently when I move files or do file-related things in Windows Explorer, the...
  6. Desktop constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop constantly refreshing: My Windows 10 computer refreshes every 15 or so seconds. When I try to open my Control Panel or File Explorer, they close during every refresh, so every solution involving the two are completely impossible. My computer has been doing this for a few days and I've done...
  7. Windows constantly refreshing

Windows constantly refreshing: My Windows 10 computer refreshes every 15 or so seconds. When I try to open my Control Panel or File Explorer, they close during every refresh, so every solution involving the two are completely impossible. My computer has been doing this for a few days and I've done...
  8. Windows store constantly refreshing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows store constantly refreshing: Ok so I gifted my friend Sea Of Thieves, and he started installing it. At some point during it, he left and turned off his computer. When he gets back, he opens Microsoft Store and it just starts 'flickering' as if it is constantly refreshing the start page. He can't click...
  9. Dell Windows 10 screen refreshing constantly

Dell Windows 10 screen refreshing constantly: hie, im having a problem with my dell insipiron 14 3000 series whereby its constantly refeshing at the desktop screen almost at 10 second intervals or less. i cant seem to do anything about the problem as its not giving me enough time to open the taskbar and all. this...
  10. Desktop constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop constantly refreshing: Hi I have win 10 and my laptop is Lenovo ideapad Y700 and it's 2 months since I've bought it. 2 weeks ago after a windows update my desktop kept refreshing every 2 seconds. A system restore have fixed the problem several times, but today the system restore fails and the...