Windows 10: Still getting Insider Preview in WU even though I opted out

Discus and support Still getting Insider Preview in WU even though I opted out in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I tried a Insider Preview build a few days ago to see if it would solve my issue. It didn't, so I reverted to the public release and switched off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by imacken, Jul 17, 2020.

1. imacken Win User

Still getting Insider Preview in WU even though I opted out

I tried a Insider Preview build a few days ago to see if it would solve my issue. It didn't, so I reverted to the public release and switched off Insider Preview in Settings.
    However, I am still only seeing preview build updates in Settings>Windows Update.
    Can anyone help resolve this?
    I'm on 2004.
    Thanks.

:)

imacken, Jul 17, 2020
  2. Jruitha30 Win User

Opt Out of Windows Insider Preview

I recently joined the windows insider preview under first ring. Because of the constant updates i switched to slow ring and then opted out of the insider preview. My question is that now that i have opted out, will i still continue to receive stable preview
    builds up until the final version of windows 20H1 is released or will I be forced to revert back to the windows version 1909?.

I only ask because I do not want to install the OS again as it is time consuming for me.

Jruitha30, Jul 17, 2020
  3. want to opt out Insider Preview

I am using windows 10 enterprise edition. I opted insider preview build. now I want to opted out from this. so I have selected opted out after next window release. But I was busy so I forgot to update fall creator update. now it's showing insider preview
    update 17025. Can I update to fall creator update after updating 17025. I have windows 10 update assistant.

gaditya386, Jul 17, 2020
  4. ElikMS Win User

Opt out of Preview

How do I opt out of the Insider Preview to get the full version? What do I click? Thanks.

ElikMS, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Still getting Insider Preview in WU even though I opted out - Similar Threads - Still getting Insider

2. Still getting insider previews

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still getting insider previews: Used to be in the dev channel of the insider program. I've went through the steps of resetting my PC to stop receiving builds. Upon checking for updates, I've been given a update for windows 11 insider preview 22557.1 ni.release at this time. I've already opted out and my...
  3. Still getting insider previews

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Still getting insider previews: Used to be in the dev channel of the insider program. I've went through the steps of resetting my PC to stop receiving builds. Upon checking for updates, I've been given a update for windows 11 insider preview 22557.1 ni.release at this time. I've already opted out and my...
  4. I cant opt out of Windows 11 insider preview Builds !!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant opt out of Windows 11 insider preview Builds !!!!!: hi everyone i cant opt out of windows 11 insider preview builds the settings for some reason are greyed out and when i installed windows 11 update assistant it was more bad it said me to erase all of my files it wont allow me to keep the old stuff and install normal windows...
  5. I cant opt out of Windows 11 insider preview Builds !!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant opt out of Windows 11 insider preview Builds !!!!!: hi everyone i cant opt out of windows 11 insider preview builds the settings for some reason are greyed out and when i installed windows 11 update assistant it was more bad it said me to erase all of my files it wont allow me to keep the old stuff and install normal windows...
  6. Opt out windows insider

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Opt out windows insider: I've been trying to opt out for a while, with the checkbox enabled. I'm on version Windows 10 Insider Preview Builds 19592 I received an email saying the build will expire on July 31, 2020, does that mean I'll be pushed back to the stable release after this date? submitted...
  7. Opt Out of Windows Insider Preview

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Opt Out of Windows Insider Preview: I recently joined the windows insider preview under first ring. Because of the constant updates i switched to slow ring and then opted out of the insider preview. My question is that now that i have opted out, will i still continue to receive stable preview builds up until...
  8. I've opted out of Windows Insider Build Programme but still I get "Your Insider Build Ran...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I've opted out of Windows Insider Build Programme but still I get "Your Insider Build Ran...: I had opted in for windows Insider Build but I've opted out of it a week ago. But I still get error message like "your Insider Build ran into problem" and my windows restarts. Can anyone help me?...
  9. how to opt out of windows insider preview builds ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to opt out of windows insider preview builds ?: I have message under windows insider: You may continue to receive windows insider builds ultil your PC restarts. And below is buttot restart. I tried that and i had still this message here. How to opt out of windows insider ? 134207
  10. Opt out of windows insider?!?!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Opt out of windows insider?!?!: I have never been a windows insider and have never opted in. I just installed an update and I noticed some wired settings which lead me to find out that I am in the insider program. I have never opted in. Im sure Microsoft did this without asking me to steal my telemetry...