Windows 10: Still getting "Waiting for Background programs to close" after setting "AutoEndTasks" to 1

Discus and support Still getting "Waiting for Background programs to close" after setting "AutoEndTasks" to 1 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After one of the more recent cancer updates, I got the time wasting and absolutely pointless "waiting for shit to close because I'm a retarded os"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AttackOfTheThumbs, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Still getting "Waiting for Background programs to close" after setting "AutoEndTasks" to 1

After one of the more recent cancer updates, I got the time wasting and absolutely pointless "waiting for shit to close because I'm a retarded os" message.

HKEY_USERS.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop New String value: AutoEndTasks Change the value to 1

So I set the above, but I am still seeing it not do that and wait, and typically forcing me to click the button. This is a recent behaviour change with a recent update.

Is there a new way to eliminate this awful and dumb behaviour?

submitted by /u/AttackOfTheThumbs
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AttackOfTheThumbs, Oct 15, 2020

2. How to change the screen background settings in Windows 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the background to the original.

• Type Themes and related settings in search bar. And click on that.

• Go to Themes.

• Under Windows default Themes select the back ground close the window.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Still getting "Waiting for Background programs to close" after setting "AutoEndTasks" to 1

Desktop background gone black after a few minutes of use on laptop.

Hello,

Desktop background and taskbar going black could be due to software conflicts.

We would like to know some information to better assist you with your concern:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to check if the "Show Windows Background" option is turned on. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings in the Start menu.
    • Go to Ease of Access, then on the left side, click
      Other options.
    • Turn on Show Windows Background and check if it works.

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Still getting "Waiting for Background programs to close" after setting "AutoEndTasks" to 1

1. Still getting "Waiting for Background programs to close" after setting "AutoEndTasks" to 1 - Similar Threads - Still getting Waiting

2. The background of the closed app is still visible as a transparent background in another...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The background of the closed app is still visible as a transparent background in another...: Hello,Ever since I updated my Window 11, the background has been like this in many apps. For example, I opened the discord app, but the body layout of the adobe illustrator is still visible even after I have finished closing it. Can anyone tell me why this is happening?...
  3. The background of the closed app is still visible as a transparent background in another...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The background of the closed app is still visible as a transparent background in another...: Hello,Ever since I updated my Window 11, the background has been like this in many apps. For example, I opened the discord app, but the body layout of the adobe illustrator is still visible even after I have finished closing it. Can anyone tell me why this is happening?...
  4. YourPhone.exe is still running in the background after being set to not have background...

in Windows 10 Customization
    YourPhone.exe is still running in the background after being set to not have background...: Hi I absolutely love this application but I can't seem to find any solution to completely kill it in task manager when I need to.Scenario 1: I have went to Start Menu -> Settings -> Privacy -> Background App -> Turn off background process for YourPhone application. But when I...
  5. Game Pass PC game still running and background after closing it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Pass PC game still running and background after closing it?: Every game I have installed via Game Pass PC continues running in the background even after I close the game. I can't end the task via task manager and exiting the Xbox App doesn't do anything. I have tried Windows Updates, setting the Xbox App to shut down but yet nothing...
  6. Still waiting ??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Still waiting ??: Hello --- I have a laptop that is just a few years old and as of this post, it is still waiting for win 10 / build 2004 --- my other computers that are much older, already have the 20H2 build applied --- what could be holding this up? what could be the down-side of...
  7. Automatically close certain background programs on battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatically close certain background programs on battery: Hello everyone, I'm wondering if there is some sort of Windows Powershell script that makes it so when the device is on battery the background processes close and maybe when the device is on AC the processes reopen. I'm wondering if this is possible because I have a lot of...
  8. Still waiting to get my question answered!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Still waiting to get my question answered!: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-error-windows-10-pro-on-a-previous/a1119fe7-db80-41fc-b5fb-7d835835c2b3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/still-waiting-to-get-my-question-answered/65e0c0af-a427-4016-961a-ce023919fdac
  9. close program running in background

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    close program running in background: when I shut down, where is always a program running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-program-running-in-background/3f614455-a691-49db-ab18-65981ea0cd5f
  10. AutoEndTasks not working, Windows still requires user input

in Windows 10 Support
    AutoEndTasks not working, Windows still requires user input: This is an annoying problem that I haven't been able to solve – despite being reasonably IT-literate – so hopefully someone here can help. I have here and elsewhere, to try and get Windows to ignore such programs and proceed anyway, but nothing seems to be working. It...