Windows 10: Still happening, Edge refuses to highlight text sometimes

Discus and support Still happening, Edge refuses to highlight text sometimes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/new-nafta-deal-in-trouble-bruised-by-elections-tariff-rows/ar-BBVHrsO?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=spartanntp < ( not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by leebojammin, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Still happening, Edge refuses to highlight text sometimes

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/new-nafta-deal-in-trouble-bruised-by-elections-tariff-rows/ar-BBVHrsO?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=spartanntp < ( not advertisng for Microsoft,I search for news there daily as a rule, but I was trying to highlight text on that page- and it refused , I'd try get ONE word to turn blue (highlight color), and nothing, so I tried again on same page, and nothing, same issue.

I refreshed page, and it starting to highlight again.

What causes this ?

sfc scannow , ran a week ago or so, came back with no errors, so I don't get why this happens at all.

I don't get this with any other browser- Is Microsoft aware of this and fixing ?>

I know there is a bug right now in window 10, where the ssd shows the wrong free space available so I know there are issues, why its taking so long to fix this one as well as the highlight bug, is bewildering.

Answers ?

Also , there is no right, windows topic to choose from for this issue , so the closest one is Performance and system failures, but thats abysmally wrong but I'm forced to choose that, as Edge isn't there so its causing problems for me in effectively and accurately reporting bugs. It has nothing to do with that topic, maybe they an add Edge browser given so many are seeing problems with it .

:)

leebojammin, Apr 7, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

No more "Search" on highlighted text?

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience caused. There is no option to search on the highlighted text in Microsoft Edge. I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer so that you can use the search option on the highlighted text.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any further issue on Windows Operating System. We will be happy to help you.

Arul_D, Apr 7, 2019
  3. Cursor jumps while highlighting text and inserting text.

While I'm typing in an email my cursor will jump while inserting text in the email. What can I do to prevent this from happening?

Also, when I go to highlight an area, it jumps around and highlights the entire text, not just the area I wanted highlighted. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

EarlArmstrong1, Apr 7, 2019
  4. Still happening, Edge refuses to highlight text sometimes

Pdf Highlighted text in Edge Browser

Hello all,

I am using edge as a pdf reader and I am highlighting it while reading.

And now I want to check all my highlighted texts without traversing the whole document like we can do in Adobe.

How to do it??

Ashutosh Tripathi_13, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

Still happening, Edge refuses to highlight text sometimes

1. Still happening, Edge refuses to highlight text sometimes - Similar Threads - Still happening Edge

2. blue highlighting in text.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blue highlighting in text.: i'm now getting blue highlighting in search results. BUT i have tis extension on my laptop that says :Disable Google Search Text HighlightsThis minimalistic extension disables "Scroll to Text Fragment" feature in Google search resultsIf i enable it, it doesn't work. if i...
  3. Highlighting Text is Opaque

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Highlighting Text is Opaque: Hi,So recently I have been having an issue; whenever I'm highlighting anything on the desktop or in Windows Explorer, it turns an opaque yellow. It was my accent color but I changed it, and even then it is still yellow. When its restarted, the highlight color goes back to...
  4. Highlighting Text is Opaque

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Highlighting Text is Opaque: Hi,So recently I have been having an issue; whenever I'm highlighting anything on the desktop or in Windows Explorer, it turns an opaque yellow. It was my accent color but I changed it, and even then it is still yellow. When its restarted, the highlight color goes back to...
  5. highlighting text

in Windows 10 Customization
    highlighting text: i cannot highlight text. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/highlighting-text/4fb85490-8e25-4846-9b6e-63123bc04d65
  6. Highlighting text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Highlighting text: I want to highlight some text in an existing email so that I can copy it and reuse it. But the cursor has changed to a hand symbol - not the usual arrow - and it won't let me highlight. How can I restore it to the normal configuration?...
  7. Text Highlighter not working in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Text Highlighter not working in Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge brings a PDF highlighter feature that helps to highlight PDF text with any of the four colors: Light Blue, Green, Yellow, and Pink. […] This article Text Highlighter not working in Microsoft Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Can't highlight text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't highlight text: Ever since a Windows 10 update a while back my mouse has not worked properly. I can't highlight text, or it highlights one word and jumps around. I've tried updating the driver and no luck. What is going on?!!...
  9. Pdf Highlighted text in Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pdf Highlighted text in Edge Browser: Hello all, I am using edge as a pdf reader and I am highlighting it while reading. And now I want to check all my highlighted texts without traversing the whole document like we can do in Adobe. How to do it??...
  10. Inaccurate Text Highlighting w/ Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Inaccurate Text Highlighting w/ Edge: For example, I highlight a word and as I move toward the next, I cannot highlight a letter or two, it grabs the entire word. It's like the highlight color is moving in chunks or snapping to a grid. I checked and changed a couple of mouse settings and it did nothing. I...