Windows 10: Still happening - Issue when switching off power supply to my laptop

Discus and support Still happening - Issue when switching off power supply to my laptop in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I posted this discussion on January.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by S.M.NaaveenKumar, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Still happening - Issue when switching off power supply to my laptop

I posted this discussion on January.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...y-laptop/929db840-6877-48c4-add0-c8e688c40579

I tried the solution that was given, but didn't work. This issue is not fixed yet and is still happening. I also submitted this feedback https://aka.ms/AA8y9ai on my build 18363. Currently I'm on build 19041 and still this issue is happening.

I have noticed that this happens whenever I change the settings related to brightness and/or sleep time. Once I change any one or both these settings, the issue starts happening. Laptop shutting down suddenly and wont power up till I connect the power supply.

Please help.

:)

S.M.NaaveenKumar, Jul 12, 2020

2. Issue when switching off power supply to my laptop

Whenever I switch off my laptop's power supply, it powers down immediately. It is supposed to stay on. This has been happening only for the past two or three days. It also doesn't power on unless i switch on the power supply. There were only two updates
    recently (KB4532938 and KB4528760) and this has been happening since. I have tried using the troubleshoot option in settings. It worked until yesterday but not today. It just powers down instantly no matter how many times I troubleshoot. Please help.

S.M.NaaveenKumar, Jul 12, 2020
  3. My mainboard turns off my usb ports when i power off my computer

Is this the Asus H81M-K listed in your My Computer? If yes look down at the bottom for two yellow jumpers. One is marked CLRTC and the one next to it is USBPWF. Change the USBPWF to 5VSB pins 2 and 3, and those USB ports will get 5V from the Stand By power supply, even when the PC is off. The Stand By power supply is always on, as long as the power supply is plugged in and you haven't turned it off with the switch on the back.

EDIT: Once you switch the jumper test all your USB ports. That switch may only affect some, likely the ones on the back connected directly to the motherboard.

alphanumeric, Jul 12, 2020
  4. JGM
    JGM Win User

Still happening - Issue when switching off power supply to my laptop

Laptop switching off when power to charge switched on.

Quite often my Dell Inspiron5758 laptop will, when I switch on the power to recharge, turn off. Has anyone any ideas what might be the cause?

Thema:

Still happening - Issue when switching off power supply to my laptop

1. Still happening - Issue when switching off power supply to my laptop - Similar Threads - Still happening Issue

2. Laptop runs out of power when switched off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop runs out of power when switched off: The laptop is three years old. Recently it didn't switch on it had about 60-70 per cent charge before it was switched off. After charging, the BIOS gave an error HP Battery Alert, it said that the battery had significantly reduced its capacity. I replaced the battery with a...
  3. Laptop runs out of power when switched off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop runs out of power when switched off: The laptop is three years old. Recently it didn't switch on it had about 60-70 per cent charge before it was switched off. After charging, the BIOS gave an error HP Battery Alert, it said that the battery had significantly reduced its capacity. I replaced the battery with a...
  4. Laptop Power Supply causing 100% when plugged.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Power Supply causing 100% when plugged.: So I've been noticing that whenever I'm plugged into my power supply/PSU, it seems to cause the power usage to be very high and eat up a ton of my CPU. I've tried changing my power plan and it does seem to work if put on balanced, but sometimes it may not even work and some...
  5. Laptop Power Supply causing 100% when plugged.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Power Supply causing 100% when plugged.: So I've been noticing that whenever I'm plugged into my power supply/PSU, it seems to cause the power usage to be very high and eat up a ton of my CPU. I've tried changing my power plan and it does seem to work if put on balanced, but sometimes it may not even work and some...
  6. Laptop Power Supply causing 100% when plugged.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Is it possible to switch off the power supply of the USB socket on the PC?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it possible to switch off the power supply of the USB socket on the PC?: I want the data exchange to take place without the PC charging my smartphone. Is that possible? Kann man die Stromversorgung der USB-Buchse am PC abschalten?
  8. Issue when switching off power supply to my laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Issue when switching off power supply to my laptop: Whenever I switch off my laptop's power supply, it powers down immediately. It is supposed to stay on. This has been happening only for the past two or three days. There were only two updates recently KB4532938 and KB4528760 and this has been happening since. I have tried...
  9. Sound issues after switching Power Supply Unit

Sound issues after switching Power Supply Unit: Hi all, I had problems with my PC freezing and crashing several times in about 15-30 minutes after a cold boot. After several attempts to solve the issue (checking RAM voltage/frequency, flashing BIOS to newest versions) I thought maybe my 450W PSU was insufficient, so I...
  10. Laptop switching off when power to charge switched on.

Laptop switching off when power to charge switched on.: Quite often my Dell Inspiron5758 laptop will, when I switch on the power to recharge, turn off. Has anyone any ideas what might be the cause? 123749