Windows 10: Still have Microsoft Family Safety restrictions even though I am the only person in the group.

Discus and support Still have Microsoft Family Safety restrictions even though I am the only person in the group. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; There aren't any buttons that let me leave the group. It also isn't possible for me to access any xbox settings on my account due to the restrictions... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Kaisickle, Mar 5, 2023.

1. Kaisickle Win User

Still have Microsoft Family Safety restrictions even though I am the only person in the group.

There aren't any buttons that let me leave the group. It also isn't possible for me to access any xbox settings on my account due to the restrictions making multiplayer on games impossible. Most guides say to have an administrator take you out of the group, yet with me being the only one present there isn't anyone to remove me.

:)

Kaisickle, Mar 5, 2023
  2. elanoides Win User

Microsoft Family Safety Time Restriction Hack

there is a way to hack through the Microsoft Family Safety Time Restriction. if you do the key combination, ctrl+alt+del click on task manager then click on users then select the user that the time restrictions it will bring up a list and you can click
    on Time Restrictions which will be near the top then click on End Task it will let you have unlimited time even if you have set up time restrictions.

elanoides, Mar 5, 2023
  3. Brink Win User
    New Microsoft Family Safety Preview app for Android and iOS

Source: Microsoft Family Safety: Protect Your Family - Office Insider Blog

Brink, Mar 5, 2023
  4. Still have Microsoft Family Safety restrictions even though I am the only person in the group.

Microsoft family safety not working--at all.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconveniece caused to you. Let me help you.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Which web browser are you using?
    • Are the settings on the Family Safety options on your computer are the same with the one on
      http://familysafety.live.com?

I suggest you to login with your parental account and check if you are able to manage the family settings.

If the issue still persist, it might appears that the Child account is not configure correctly. I suggest you to remove the Family Safety and configure it again.

How do I remove Family Safety?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/family-safety-remove-uninstall-faq

Now, setup Family Safety.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/set-up-family-safety#set-up-family-safety=windows-8

After creating the child account, you can then go to the Family Safety website, login using the parent account and then manage your child's restrictions and monitoring options.

Refer the following Microsoft help article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...afety-child-kid-protect-filter-sites-chat-faq

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Mar 5, 2023
Thema:

Still have Microsoft Family Safety restrictions even though I am the only person in the group.

1. Still have Microsoft Family Safety restrictions even though I am the only person in the group. - Similar Threads - Still Microsoft Family

2. Why do I still have Microsoft family restrictions even though I’m not a child and I left...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I still have Microsoft family restrictions even though I’m not a child and I left...: I’ve recently had some apps that have been blocked by the Microsoft family and I asked my organizer to check if anything was blocked but nothing was, I even created a new account on my computer and logged in and everything and every app was blocked including the Microsoft...
  3. Still have Microsoft Family Safety restrictions even though I am the only person in the group.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still have Microsoft Family Safety restrictions even though I am the only person in the group.: There aren't any buttons that let me leave the group. It also isn't possible for me to access any xbox settings on my account due to the restrictions making multiplayer on games impossible. Most guides say to have an administrator take you out of the group, yet with me being...
  4. Still have Microsoft Family Safety restrictions even though I am the only person in the group.

Still have Microsoft Family Safety restrictions even though I am the only person in the group.: There aren't any buttons that let me leave the group. It also isn't possible for me to access any xbox settings on my account due to the restrictions making multiplayer on games impossible. Most guides say to have an administrator take you out of the group, yet with me being...
  5. I cannot add a person to Microsoft Family Safety Group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot add a person to Microsoft Family Safety Group: I am trying to add a family member to a Microsoft Family Safety group usong a web browser and before I create the account on a Windows 11 system. I keep getting a pop-up with:Something went wrong on our end. Give it a few minutes, then try again.TraceID:...
  6. I cannot add a person to Microsoft Family Safety Group

I cannot add a person to Microsoft Family Safety Group: I am trying to add a family member to a Microsoft Family Safety group usong a web browser and before I create the account on a Windows 11 system. I keep getting a pop-up with:Something went wrong on our end. Give it a few minutes, then try again.TraceID:...
  7. I can't leave / remove family safety, even though im the only person in it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't leave / remove family safety, even though im the only person in it.: So, I am the only person in my Microsoft family, and I am the head of it. I still don't have any options though. I try to buy a game and it says I have spending restrictions. This is my personal account and do not even have the option to leave the family or change the...
  8. I can't leave / remove family safety, even though im the only person in it.

I can't leave / remove family safety, even though im the only person in it.: So, I am the only person in my Microsoft family, and I am the head of it. I still don't have any options though. I try to buy a game and it says I have spending restrictions. This is my personal account and do not even have the option to leave the family or change the...
  9. Microsoft Family is restricting me even though I'm literally the only person who uses my...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family is restricting me even though I'm literally the only person who uses my...: It's exactly what it says. Every time I try to use Google Chrome or FireFox, it says that I need to ask parent's permissions... even though I AM the parent and I'm the only person in the family group.I've looked all over and nothing, and I mean NOTHING has worked whatsoever....
  10. Family Safety - I am no longer part of a Microsoft Family yet there are still restrictions...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety - I am no longer part of a Microsoft Family yet there are still restrictions...: Hi, I was removed from my Microsoft family years ago, however I am still seeing restrictions on the New Microsoft Edge and other services on devices I signed into before this change. Why is this? I tried to find a way to change my account to local and then back to a...