Windows 10: Still have not received October update (1809). Is that normal?

Discus and support Still have not received October update (1809). Is that normal? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! I have a new Acer Aspire laptop with Windows 10 preinstalled. I have installed all updates, and the last installed update is version 1803.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Murad Ahmadzada, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Still have not received October update (1809). Is that normal?

Hello!

I have a new Acer Aspire laptop with Windows 10 preinstalled. I have installed all updates, and the last installed update is version 1803. System still shows that it is up-to-date. I know that on some devices, version 1809 should have appear later than on others, but isn't it too late?

:)

Murad Ahmadzada, Jan 31, 2019

2. Fall October Feature update 1809

Hi,

you can use Windows Update Assistant, that will update your System to the last Release, which is October Update Windows 1809. You can get Update Assistant here :
    https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=799445

Just download and run it. Then follow on sceen instructions.

In Automatic Updates it will come as soon as possible, but not all the devices receive the update at the same time, obviously. I suggest you to use Windows Update Assistant and get Windows 1809 manually.

P.s: Please, if the answer resolve your issue, click on Yes. Thanks.

StefanoTamiotti, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Dan K Win User
    Edge browser stopped working after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809)

Enabling the TCP/IPv6 on the adapter card fixed the issue for me. I did not have it enabled because my IP service provider does not use IPv6 and I had it disabled and Edge worked in that config until I updated to Windows 10 version 1809 in October. Spent several hours trying different suggestions that did not help. This fix took me 20 seconds to implement and get Edge connected to the internet.

Dan K, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Bulldog Win User

Still have not received October update (1809). Is that normal?

No Longer Receiving Updates ... Is Microsoft Angry With Me?

My apologies ... *Redface

First, to NavyLCDR, for not understanding that the suggestion was to install the ISO as an upgrade rather than a clean install.

Second, to everyone, for not explaining that I normally defer feature updates for 60 days. Thus, I was anticipating to receive the October 2018 (v.1809) update by the end of December.

I still haven't received the update, even after setting my 'days to defer' to zero, and even after manually checking for the update over several days.

Yes, I could install the ISO as an upgrade, which will probably work, but it doesn't solve my problem - if it is, in fact, a problem - of why I haven't received v.1809 in the normal way.

I understand that Microsoft has a schedule for releasing feature updates, so maybe it's just not my time yet. Nevertheless, if not receiving the update is a sign of some problem I could fix, I'd like to try to fix it.

Bulldog, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Still have not received October update (1809). Is that normal?

1. Still have not received October update (1809). Is that normal? - Similar Threads - Still received October

2. Do I have to have the toggle on to receive updates through october

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I have to have the toggle on to receive updates through october: HI I was wondering if I could ask a question please about the toggle that you have to turn on in windows update that allows you to receive updates when they are released. I was wanting to now something since I do not have this toggle turned on in windows update will I receive...
  3. Do I have to have the toggle on to receive updates through october

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do I have to have the toggle on to receive updates through october: HI I was wondering if I could ask a question please about the toggle that you have to turn on in windows update that allows you to receive updates when they are released. I was wanting to now something since I do not have this toggle turned on in windows update will I receive...
  4. Still haven't received 1809 update as of 1/23/2019

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Still haven't received 1809 update as of 1/23/2019: Both my PC and Laptop (both Hewlett Packard) have not received the 1809 update even if I manually click Check for Updates. I currently have version 1803. Has anyone else still not received this update yet? I know I can download and install it but am apprehensive to do so....
  5. Still haven't received 1809 update as of 1/23/2019

in Windows 10 Support
    Still haven't received 1809 update as of 1/23/2019: Both my PC and Laptop (both Hewlett Packard) have not received the 1809 update even if I manually click Check for Updates. I currently have version 1803. Has anyone else still not received this update yet? I know I can download and install it but am apprehensive to do so....
  6. windows 10 october update 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 october update 1809: Recently i installed windows 10 1809 from 1803 . During startup i found a crack or tweak sound (once or twice) other than normal processor sound , every time i restart system. On previous versions it wasn't heard . Should i uninstall it or wait for updates ?...
  7. Still haven't received Windows 10 1809 Update via Windows Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Still haven't received Windows 10 1809 Update via Windows Update: I still haven't received the new update via Windows Update and I don't want to manually download it from Microsoft. Also, I ran across this article, Windows 10 graphics: Intel unveils new 'modern' drivers for 1809 and beyond | ZDNet, today. Is this why my PC's haven't...
  8. I still not recieved Windows 10 October 1809 update

I still not recieved Windows 10 October 1809 update: What wrong with me? I am using genuine Windows, But still /I don't receive any update. Please help me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-still-not-recieved-windows-10-october-1809/afb985c2-c147-4766-aacc-6c834a3a76b4
  9. October update 1809 windows 10

October update 1809 windows 10: I did a manual upgrade on October 4th and now my files on my docs,my photos etc say access denied any help to relocate and access them welcome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/october-update-1809-windows-10/e32d8ef8-8e21-4e48-891a-534d39042037
  10. October windows build 1809 update

October windows build 1809 update: Since the update my apps from Microsoft store are not working right they hang or freeze or will not open or will not close unless task manager is used to close them. Also I get notification prompt in the task bar but when I open notification center there are none listed. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i still have not received

2. why didnt my pc update to windows 10 1809

3. i dont have 1809 yet

4. why havent i gottn the new windows update,
  5. why havent I received the Autumn Windows 10 update?,
  6. why dont i have windows 1809 yet,
  7. Why havent I received the Windows 10 upgades,
  8. i havent received windows 10 version 1809,
  9. why isnt Windows 1809 update a normal update,
  10. still havent received october windows update