Windows 10: Still have to insert DVD 1!

Discus and support Still have to insert DVD 1! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I have installed MSFS from physical media, thought it best to get disks to avoid d/l issues. I have installed the x-box client. I have managed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DrTeeth, Aug 25, 2020.

1. DrTeeth Win User

Still have to insert DVD 1!

Hi,

I have installed MSFS from physical media, thought it best to get disks to avoid d/l issues.

I have installed the x-box client. I have managed to get MSFS to load by inserting disk1 and it d/l 20GB of updates.

However, I still have to inset DVD 1 to play. Dates and times are correct and the only info that I can find on this issue is that it has been fixed!

Please help! I want to put my disks away for save keeping!

Cheers

DrT

:)

DrTeeth, Aug 25, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Dvd drive not showing

Is this the HP 15r014tx in your system specs? If so, try the steps in this thread....
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...r/td-p/6186456

It may be that your DVD drive has a hardware failure (as was suggested in that thread).

More HP support and diagnosis suggestions here in their Help pages....
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03370738

3. Windows 10 DVD player throws an error insert a disk.

Hello Benjamin,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with playing of CD/DVD. We will certainly help you.

Do provide us additional information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there is any yellow exclamation point on CD/DVD in Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand DVD/CD ROM drives, right click on the driver.
    • Click on Properties and check the
      device status.

Step 2: If the drive is being detected in Device Manager try the below to update the drivers:

• Right click on Start button and select
        Device Manager.

• Expand DVD/CD ROM drives, right click on the drivers and click on
        Update driver software.

• Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Step 3: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• In the Search Window, type Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 25, 2020
  4. Still have to insert DVD 1!

I get "Insert a Disc" message & DVD Media is ejected when DVD drive contains a DVD Media.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to update the DVD/CD driver by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “devmgmt.msc”.
    • Right click on DVD/CD driver from the list and select
      properties.
    • Under Driver tab click on Update button and follow the prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

Still have to insert DVD 1!

1. Still have to insert DVD 1! - Similar Threads - Still insert DVD

2. Purchased MSFS 2020 DVD box. Installed OK, but now it says to insert DVD #1 every time I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Purchased MSFS 2020 DVD box. Installed OK, but now it says to insert DVD #1 every time I...: Purchased MSFS 2020 DVD box. Installed OK, but now it says to insert DVD #1 every time I start the game? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purchased-msfs-2020-dvd-box-installed-ok-but-now/83283e03-214c-4348-8d74-d87306d0ed79
  3. message : insert disc in dvd drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    message : insert disc in dvd drive: there is disc in DVD DRIVE. YET MESSAGE IS BEING GIVEN TO INSERT DISC .PLEASE HELP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/message-insert-disc-in-dvd-drive/eb192a02-8a54-4715-8de9-7b5e91646d2a
  4. message : insert disc in dvd drive

message : insert disc in dvd drive: there is disc in DVD DRIVE. YET MESSAGE IS BEING GIVEN TO INSERT DISC .PLEASE HELP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/message-insert-disc-in-dvd-drive/eb192a02-8a54-4715-8de9-7b5e91646d2a
  5. Have a CD-DVD on this PC that when inserted, blinks and nothing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Have a CD-DVD on this PC that when inserted, blinks and nothing: I have a Windows 10 PCHP Compaq Desktop newly refurbished from AmazonAll updates presentI've never used the CD Rom drive. I put in a program CD and the green light blinks. It never goes beyond that. I never get a pop up for what to do with the CD.I have tired numerous...
  6. setting a default dvd player when a dvd is inserted

setting a default dvd player when a dvd is inserted: Ok. Here's the deal. Please read this carefully, as I am not talking about file types, I am talking about disk types. Windows 7 had a feature that would detect the content of any removable media placed in an optical drive and would ask you what to do with it. In Fact, it...
  7. Have microsoft dvd player downloaded but when I insert DVD does not play.

Have microsoft dvd player downloaded but when I insert DVD does not play.: Bought Microsoft DVD player downloaded but will not play my DVD home movies. Says something about finding or wrong 'D' Path? But does play one that I insert that was copied from USB to DVD okay?...
  8. blank DVD-R is not recognized when inserted in DVD burner

blank DVD-R is not recognized when inserted in DVD burner: I’m running windows 10. In the past I’ve burned slides and videos onto blank DVD –R discs using Explorer and NERO. I’ve also burned slides onto CD-R discs. Now, for no apparent reason, neither of my 2 DVD drives will recognize a blank DVD-R disc. I’ve used blank SONY discs...
  9. DVD RW Drive not detecting inserted DVD

DVD RW Drive not detecting inserted DVD: This is going to be a long story:- My Lenovo G50-80 laptop's DVD drive started behaving funny all of a sudden. It would have trouble recognizing inserted DVD drive, some disks it could read easily, some it wont even recognize inserted. I tried spinning the disk then...
  10. Auto play on inserting a dvd or cd

Auto play on inserting a dvd or cd: Good evening to all. I decided to make an image of my C drive on my windows ten spare laptop,Using the free Macrium Reflect software. followed all the info on how to proceed with the software,It all went well I burnt the recovery disc as directed. Now this is where...