Windows 10: Still having issues with Update orchestrator

Discus and support Still having issues with Update orchestrator in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Windows Update orchestrator is constantly waking me up after I put my computer to sleep. I tried to turn of updates through instructions from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DrBots, Jul 28, 2019.

1. DrBots Win User

Still having issues with Update orchestrator

Windows Update orchestrator is constantly waking me up after I put my computer to sleep.

I tried to turn of updates through instructions from another user, but my computer still woke from sleep. I also tried to use task scheduler to keep it from waking my computer, but the system refused to give me access.

However after turning administrator another account labeled "Administrator" appeared after I turned on my computer. It seems that windows wants to "set up" this account as when I clicked on it it displayed a message similar to when I installed windows. I'm under the impression that access the new profile will allow me to force Windows from waking my computer, even on my personal profile.

I was advised to type in instructions to tell me what waked my computer, this is what the CMD told me.

Still having issues with Update orchestrator 44d095d6-a693-4bf0-a0e4-2796cf86c8bc?upload=true.png

:)

DrBots, Jul 28, 2019
  2. Noela Tum Win User

Disable Update Orchestrator from waking my computer

Thanks for your reply. To help resolve your concern with the Update Orchestrator, please follow the steps below:

• Go to the Task Scheduler.
    • Double-click Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select and double-click Microsoft.
    • Select and double-click Windows.
    • Choose Update Orchestrator.
    • Right-click on Reboot.
    • Choose Properties.
    • Select Conditions.
    • Under Power options, uncheck "Wake the computer to run this task".
    You may also disable all wake timers for your computer under Power options.

We're looking forward to your response.

Noela Tum, Jul 28, 2019
  3. kambei.7s Win User
    Windows 10 Update Orchestrator Service

That desktop PC, and with windows 10 1709 Enterprise on it, nothing serious have been tweaked about updates (some tweaks to not install updates automatically in Group Policy) , no Network Domain/AD used. So this is normal? As far I know that Update orchestrator does not used in common editions.

kambei.7s, Jul 28, 2019
  4. jrclen Win User

I want to re-enable update orchestrator

A while back I took steps to stop windows incessant updates.

One of the steps I took was to disable the update orchestrator items in task scheduler. Now I want to re-enable those items but I get a message saying "this user account does not have permission to enable this task."

I am logged in to my local account as an administrator. How do I re-enable automatic updates? Thanks.

jrclen, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Still having issues with Update orchestrator - Similar Threads - Still having issues

2. Update Orchestrator Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update Orchestrator Service: The "Update Orchestrator Service" does not start. The System event log shows the following: The Update Orchestrator Service service failed to start due to the following error: The parameter is incorrect.In Settings-->Windows Update the following is displayed: Something went...
  3. Update Orchestrator Service

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Orchestrator Service: The "Update Orchestrator Service" does not start. The System event log shows the following: The Update Orchestrator Service service failed to start due to the following error: The parameter is incorrect.In Settings-->Windows Update the following is displayed: Something went...
  4. Update Orchestrator Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows still having issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows still having issues: Recently I bought a new 1TB ssd drive because my windows on my old ssd had bsod and corrupted files that couldn’t be repaired automatically and I have reinstalled windows multiple times on the ssd drive so i thought lets just get a new one and I wanted more storage anyway I...
  6. Windows still having issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows still having issues: Recently I bought a new 1TB ssd drive because my windows on my old ssd had bsod and corrupted files that couldn’t be repaired automatically and I have reinstalled windows multiple times on the ssd drive so i thought lets just get a new one and I wanted more storage anyway I...
  7. Update orchestrator still causing problems

Update orchestrator still causing problems: This is not a new problem. WHY HASN'T IT BEEN FIXED? Update Orchestrator wakes up my sleeping computer, grinds the disk drive and heats it up, stops the display from showing, and FORCES ME TO REBOOT just to see a screen. I've tried everything I could find on the internet...
  8. How to Kill Update Orchestrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Kill Update Orchestrator: I posted this last night when I was woken up by this stupid service but it must have gotten buried. My computer keeps turning on from sleep. This is from the command: powercfg -lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type:...
  9. still having update issues

still having update issues: I just activated my windows and my quality updates keep failing thought if I activated it might fix the issue should I try a clean install I've tried windows update troubleshooting steps with no success...
  10. Still having update issues

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Still having update issues: Very cool. Thanks for posting your results and solution. If you could mark thread solved it will help others find it.