Windows 10: Still having trouble with Powershell.exe loading in the startup. I've tried several...

Discus and support Still having trouble with Powershell.exe loading in the startup. I've tried several... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Powershell.exe loads and is a problem. Tried several fixes but none worked. Help!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JohnBales1, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Still having trouble with Powershell.exe loading in the startup. I've tried several...

Powershell.exe loads and is a problem. Tried several fixes but none worked. Help!

:)

JohnBales1, Jun 4, 2020

2. Powershell on Startup?

Whenever I boot up Windows, the Powershell window appears for a split second and disappears (but it remains running in the background). I don't know why but I found out that I have 2 instances of Powershell appearing in my list of Startup apps, both have
    high startup impact.

Is Powershell supposed to run on startup? What'll happen if I just disable it?

Parthu1708, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Windows PowerShell opens up at Startup

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

Windows PowerShell might be one of the Startup programs on your computer. All the Startup programs are launched at Startup by Windows. I suggest you to check if the
    Windows PowerShell program is enabled on the Startup. To check the Startup programs press
    Ctrl + Shift + Esc Keys together and open Task Manager. Go to the
    Startup tab and check if Windows PowerShell is listed. If it is listed under the Startup programs, select it and click on
    Disable. Further restart the computer to check if the issue persists.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Still having trouble with Powershell.exe loading in the startup. I've tried several...

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Still having trouble with Powershell.exe loading in the startup. I've tried several...

1. Still having trouble with Powershell.exe loading in the startup. I've tried several... - Similar Threads - Still having trouble

2. Still have a problem with error 0x80070643, tried several solutions within the community,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Still have a problem with error 0x80070643, tried several solutions within the community,...: Several attempts to download the update the 21H2 still gives the error. The strange thing is that this update 21H2 has been completed both in may and in oktober KB5001716. I´ve searched around within the community and tried several things . Update troubleshooter, wuauser,...
  3. I want to unsubscribe to my Driver support. I've tried several times but' still get a bill...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I want to unsubscribe to my Driver support. I've tried several times but' still get a bill...: I want to cancel any and all my subscriptions to Driver Support https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-unsubscribe-to-my-driver-support-ive/4a032161-e3a5-4e53-83af-d6beb6c1ebdc
  4. Why is my camera not working? I've tried trouble shooting but it's still not working. Even...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my camera not working? I've tried trouble shooting but it's still not working. Even...: Why is my camera not working? I've tried trouble shooting but it's still not working. Even after enabling the camera, it just wouldn't work * Moved from Community Center...
  5. Why is my camera not working? I've tried trouble shooting but it's still not working. Even...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my camera not working? I've tried trouble shooting but it's still not working. Even...: Why is my camera not working? I've tried trouble shooting but it's still not working. Even after enabling the camera, it just wouldn't work * Moved from Community Center...
  6. I am having trouble with PowerShell as I try to correct file names.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am having trouble with PowerShell as I try to correct file names.: In 2017 I noticced that my photo file names had a timestamp in them, which meant that Lightroom could not find them. I asked on this forum and got help from Naresh K. He gave me a powershell string to use and it worked well. I found more files to change, but now I get an...
  7. I am having trouble with PowerShell as I try to correct file names.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having trouble with PowerShell as I try to correct file names.: In 2017 I noticced that my photo file names had a timestamp in them, which meant that Lightroom could not find them. I asked on this forum and got help from Naresh K. He gave me a powershell string to use and it worked well. I found more files to change, but now I get an...
  8. I am having trouble with PowerShell as I try to correct file names.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. I've Tried Almost Everything Still No Wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I've Tried Almost Everything Still No Wifi: A couple of weeks ago I downloaded a popular game from a reputable website, or so I thought. It came with a program that seemed as though it was spam so I deleted it. Shortly after I could not connect to WIFI. Now I am using a 25ft Ethernet cable running through my house....
  10. I've tried everything but I still bluescreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I've tried everything but I still bluescreen: I've been getting countless bluescreens, from the CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error to the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR I've updated EVERY driver possible, reseated my gpu, and also checked my cpu to see if there's anything wrong with that. I've tried running a bunch of different...