Windows 10: Still Java does not update - Windows seems like against Java ? Please update to Java 11 or...

Discus and support Still Java does not update - Windows seems like against Java ? Please update to Java 11 or... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After reading piles of messages about Java updates in Windows, there is not clear or defined way to update Java. I understand that MS / Windows don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by smilesdl, Jul 31, 2019.

1. smilesdl Win User

Still Java does not update - Windows seems like against Java ? Please update to Java 11 or...

After reading piles of messages about Java updates in Windows, there is not clear or defined way to update Java. I understand that MS / Windows don't want to have Java apps as competition. Customers like me are not interested on those differences between vendors. We need both, we need vendors to coexist in a consistent way, follow the example of other industries that benefited by standardize. The times of forgetting us are passing by. Please, help to enable the updates, work with Oracle and clean the house (Windows 10!). I know the new CEO is attempting to improve the quality of Windows, well, this is a great opportunity.

At this moment a concrete request: provide directions in agreement with Oracle of where one can update windows Java to really, latest version, at this time Java 11.

Note of last resort: I had to install JRE 11 from Oracle to get one of my programs to work, but it gets installed in a different location as the basic Java 8, this creates problems for other programs.

Thanks !

:)

smilesdl, Jul 31, 2019
  2. Drone Win User

New Java Exploit!

Malware Posing as Java Update 11

The malicious website has the misspelled message "A newer version of Java is require" in large, red letters.

Still Java does not update - Windows seems like against Java ? Please update to Java 11 or... 372016-java-update-malware-cropped.jpg

Drone, Jul 31, 2019
  3. dustymars Win User
    Java

Got a Java update yesterday and when attempting to us IE 11 the window flashed, glitched, and would not stabilize. So, I uninstalled Java entirely and now all is well again. What is with Java?

dustymars, Jul 31, 2019
  4. vett Win User

Still Java does not update - Windows seems like against Java ? Please update to Java 11 or...

java

I went to NVidia to update drivers and it tells me I need java well java download keeps failing.
    I am running windows 10 and using windows explorer 11

Thema:

1. Still Java does not update - Windows seems like against Java ? Please update to Java 11 or... - Similar Threads - Still Java does

2. Java update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Java update: Receiving java update request in lower right hand corner of windows 10 screen. Is this ok to download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/java-update/d9da0306-cde3-469a-af3a-5c507e85dc97
  3. Java update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Java update: Receiving java update request in lower right hand corner of windows 10 screen. Is this ok to download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/java-update/d9da0306-cde3-469a-af3a-5c507e85dc97
  4. Java update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Java updates?

Java updates?: I got a notification on my system at boot up this morning wanting me to install a java update. IIRC, in Win 7 it was suggested that java should not be run at all. Is java on Win 10 safe and should I allow updates to Java? 148758
  6. Java update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Java update: Do I need a javascript update for Windows 10? I use Firefox for my browser. Lately, when I click on a link, it has started copying the link instead of opening it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/java-update/95faa049-eebf-4058-a7a7-62a23c04212b
  7. updating Java

updating Java: I got a message that I had to update the Java. When I went to update I got two messages. One was from Norton saying that it was a threat and the other was that Windows Edge does not support plug-ins. So do I need Java? What do I do next. Thank you BA Crowley...
  8. JAVA update

JAVA update: So I juste updated Java, last time was in 2016 because I don't like updates and for a reason. I had trouble viewing a presentation on a online course via adobe connect (which uses flash player and I thought Java update could help) and now I lost about 400gb of installed apps...
  9. Java update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Java update: If I don't use Internet Explorer as a browser, do I need to update to the java update, I have a notification in my Action Center. Vishnu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/java-update/4e85589e-9f85-45f2-8ddc-b2213b8a4978
  10. Java update?

Java update?: Just got a popup saying java has an update, version 8 update 91. Is there an update or is it fake? And this is the main site right?: java.com: Java + You 47820